Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468261 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2685 on: September 08, 2018, 05:45:17 am »

Awaken from coma.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2686 on: September 08, 2018, 10:20:37 am »

"Hey, can I borrow someone's radio?"

Radio that we're not safe from ricochets, so give us a minute to investigate and clear out. Also, stay out of ricochet range just in case, and keep my gun trained on that guy looking in the camera.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2687 on: September 08, 2018, 10:36:51 am »

Go into overwatch.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: September 08, 2018, 10:38:12 am »

((pretty sure the people in the ring room are safe from ricochets. The hall turns left before ending in a large metal wall. As long as the door is shut, even if a bullet bounces that way it'll be fine.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: September 08, 2018, 12:10:35 pm »

((pretty sure the people in the ring room are safe from ricochets. The hall turns left before ending in a large metal wall. As long as the door is shut, even if a bullet bounces that way it'll be fine.))
((I'm actually worried about what will happen if we break the archway seal.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: September 08, 2018, 09:29:31 pm »

*Toby mutters something that sounds like "Killfrenzy" and then shakes his head* "Oh, yeah, that sounds like a better idea. Also can we take a look at that barrel before we fire through it? Perhaps load an AP shell, so that if the shot gets stuck in the barrel the explosion won't be as large?"
check the MG34 and make sure it's loaded, and then wait to fire until Simon does; that way if something bad happens I can blame him. Whilst I am waiting, remove the HE shell from the main gun and put an AP shell in it's place. Adjust the gunner's sight until it is comfortable against my glasses.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:31:32 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: September 10, 2018, 10:09:35 am »

I know some, I can take a stab
Watch/Listen to the tapes.
Join them in on it, be the second person (e.g. for feedback and exchange of info or translation)
Also probably use that tinfoil because it has been there for forever.

annoyingly ask the people about what they hear on the tapes
"I can take a listen if it helps."

Eavesdrop on the tapes, and try to see if there are any exits to the room we're in. ((OOC, I'm not certain of the layout, but I'm hoping we're not stuck down here)) MAKE SURE TO BE OUT OF LINE OF FIRE
Tala could tell that despite the short time she had with these fellows, many of them were determined and had a sense of direction--if there was anything messy with the tapes, such as issues with 'hypnosis' or whatever she had read back in the day, they would be able to resist it.
((Because 1940's and the rise of MENTAL POWER))

"This can't just be it--this place is bare, compared to the room above. It is functional, and therefore has a purpose. Can the rest of you please check around? This should not be the only room here.

"Everyone listening to the tape, put your weapons in a safe place away from arm's reach. Just a precaution."

Also do that.

Tala reiterated the worst feeling she had.

"I still can't shake the feeling that we are still being watched here."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:13:50 am by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2692 on: September 10, 2018, 10:59:51 am »

Nice character sheet.

Eavesdrop on the tapes, and try to see if there are any exits to the room we're in. ((OOC, I'm not certain of the layout, but I'm hoping we're not stuck down here)) MAKE SURE TO BE OUT OF LINE OF FIRE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Basically the room you're in is shaped like a Donut. Where the donut's hole would be is instead that ruin room that no one has entered yet. There are only two doors in this circular metal room; one out of the metal room and one into the ruin room in the center. There are no other ways in or out.

Join them in on it, be the second person (e.g. for feedback and exchange of info or translation)
Also probably use that tinfoil because it has been there for forever.

Tala could tell that despite the short time she had with these fellows, many of them were determined and had a sense of direction--if there was anything messy with the tapes, such as issues with 'hypnosis' or whatever she had read back in the day, they would be able to resist it.
((Because 1940's and the rise of MENTAL POWER))

"This can't just be it--this place is bare, compared to the room above. It is functional, and therefore has a purpose. Can the rest of you please check around? This should not be the only room here.

"Everyone listening to the tape, put your weapons in a safe place away from arm's reach. Just a precaution."

Also do that.

Tala reiterated the worst feeling she had.

"I still can't shake the feeling that we are still being watched here."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
[6] You push Mr. No Sheet out of the way and take up position at the camera instead, syncing up the replay with the audio. The replay is choppy and the film seems to have degraded somehow but this is what you see.  A german officer drags a metal cylinder, still coated in frost, into the ruin room and opens it. The canister disgorges what is clearly offal -intestines, liver, lungs, heart- of some kind. Maybe human, its about the right size. He dumps the contents onto the ground and steps back out of the room.  The audio, mostly silent till now, registers someone speaking a question in a language you don't understand exactly. It is mostly greek but with a few differences. You can understand it well enough; they're asking for the location of a ship. At this point the dust in the ruin room seems to flow up over the organs and completely covers them. A moment later the dust flows down, flattening out, the organs gone. Flashes illuminate the room, and the film burns out to garbled nonsense while the audio becomes static. After maybe a minute the sound and video return, showing the ruin room with a slowly settling haze of dust. The video cuts shortly after.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Tala tells you after she's finished watching.

Try hitting the walls with my knife, to make sure there are no hidden doors or entrances in this room.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The walls are solid metal, riveted together, not unlike the walls inside a ship. None of them are budging.

Okay, so the map of the basement so far includes: elevator, steel doors, stone room, 40 foot hallway that turns left, metal wall, ring room with monitoring stuff, and enclosed room with carved ceiling. Have we missed any exits?

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
Nope. This is a hallway that dead ends.

Awaken from coma.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
[2-1]
I think not. Probably for the best really. Alice does not seem very stable.

"Woo!  We're back in action!  Since getting diagonal didn't work so well, new plan: I'm gonna man the secondary MG and fire at the archway until it's wide enough to let us pass.  Gunny, help me out with the turret's MG.  If this doesn't work, I'll let you try the main gun, don't worry!"

Simon drops into the radio operator / machinegunner's seat, and casually flicks on the radio.

"Hey, all you guys in the tunnel, you're not still in the line of fire from the archway, are you?  'Cause we're about to open up with the MGs, and I'd hate for any of y'all to be caught by ricochets or something.  So yeah, warn me if you're not behind cover or around a bend or something."

Hop in the machinegunner's seat, and ask over the radio what the status of the tunnel people is.  If they're not at risk of being hit by ricochets, just open up on the side of the archway with the MG, aiming to chip away at the stone so we can smash through.  If our allies are in the line of fire, ask Alice to manuver the tank so we can shoot from an oblique angle, minimizing the risk of teamkills.

Well...Ed is saying there is a risk so you ask Alice to drive the tank.

No way this could go wrong for the 8th time.

*Toby mutters something that sounds like "Killfrenzy" and then shakes his head* "Oh, yeah, that sounds like a better idea. Also can we take a look at that barrel before we fire through it? Perhaps load an AP shell, so that if the shot gets stuck in the barrel the explosion won't be as large?"
check the MG34 and make sure it's loaded, and then wait to fire until Simon does; that way if something bad happens I can blame him. Whilst I am waiting, remove the HE shell from the main gun and put an AP shell in it's place. Adjust the gunner's sight until it is comfortable against my glasses.

You change the load out and futz with the gun a bit, aligning things to be as you like.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: September 10, 2018, 11:28:39 am »

"Huh. So this is an augry room. I think I'm going yo leave."

Radio Simon that the hallway is a dead end, and that destroying thr arch may release an ancient spirit. Then back out into the atrium, making sure not to get tank-killed. Check on the German prisoner.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:35:26 pm by Doomblade187 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: September 10, 2018, 01:08:03 pm »

"...An angry spirit, eh?  And the path is a dead end?  Well, dodged a bullet there, thanks for the warning.  Gunny, no machine-gunning, sorry.  You can fire some rounds off when we get back to the surface, though!"

Pop out of the commander's hatch, and look around at the rest of the cavern.  Are there any other exits or branches that we missed, by any chance?  Suggest Alice go investigate them, maybe we can hunt down some Cave-Nazis!  Failing that, the crew has a carte-blanch to screw around or leave, as they like.  Return to hovering over Alice though, juuust in case she tries to drive up a wall again, or something.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: September 10, 2018, 02:15:21 pm »

"Round, donut shaped room, walls made of metal, dead end exit and some sort of creature that devours human remains... Neat."
*something clicks in his mind, and he opens a hatch in the tank.*
"Someone here is a pilot right? Do you think this is one of them You-Foes? The flying thingies that look like a Leonardo Da Vinci sketch?"

Take a bit of a closer look at the walls. Also, try and convince someone to go investigate the dead-end hallway, might have a hidden door in it? It'd be a shame to have spent some much time getting the tank in there only to have to take it back up.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: September 10, 2018, 02:20:45 pm »

Load AP and shoot someone with the tank cannon for fun.

Take a nap and dream about fucking up nazis at extremely high speed.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:31:23 pm by Egan_BW »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: September 10, 2018, 02:42:33 pm »

You touch my gun I'll shoot you. Optimally with it, but a rifle will do.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: September 10, 2018, 02:43:58 pm »

"Hey Alice, you have some guys diary right? Lemme see if I can read it."
do that BEFORE I get out and listen to the tapes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: September 10, 2018, 02:47:06 pm »

Alice narrows her eyes slightly.
"...Depends what you're willing to give me for it. Got any, you know, books with pictures in 'em?"
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 228