Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468036 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2670 on: September 03, 2018, 10:57:22 pm »

Awaken and laugh at Alice and her failure. Then crawl out of the tank.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: September 03, 2018, 11:10:16 pm »

Actually stab him.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: September 04, 2018, 03:39:21 am »

Do a scan of the room. If I don’t see anyone, I’ll slowly move into the room, inching around the perimeter and keeping my eyes open to activity.
I'm going with her, and keeping an eye out for traps. Traps that I should not trigger or let anyone else trigger.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: September 04, 2018, 07:06:04 am »

*sighs deeply in American* "Alice, you really suck some serious ass at driving. I mean, less ass than I would, but still, pretty shit."
Begin rotating the turret around to try and use the barrel to push us back onto our top, the way we ought to be. If it is made evident that this is a pointless endeavor, go and assist with clearing the hallways. Make note of 2 position that provide cover from both the area we came from and the areas in front of us, and try not to trigger any traps.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2674 on: September 04, 2018, 07:56:04 am »

Scout ahead of the rest, knife ready to stab any hostiles.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: September 04, 2018, 12:34:00 pm »

Aggressively boop Alice on the nose until she stops attempting to finish off the man she crippled.  Use a rifle butt.

"Haha, Alice, I know we're in a bad situation, but it's not the time to take out your frustration on allies!  We'll need everyone here to help out if we're gonna get the tank right-side up again!"

Simon watches as Bob starts trying to climb out, smiles a little wider, and nods.

"Well, if we want to do it fast, anyway.  Don't worry Robert, no hard feelings, I won't take violent revenge on you for abandoning me here, I can understand your eagerness to finally go and kill some Naughties.  You've waited long enough!"

"Now, Alice, get back on the controls, see if you can't do anything.  I'm gonna try something with the turret, let's see if German tanks really are as overdesigned as they say!"

Sit down next to the turret, and try rotating it against the ground to push the tank right-side up again. Edit: Redjive is already doing this, since I forgot to post last night, so either help him with the controls (if that's meaningful), or... go outside and push, I guess.  If that plan fails, exit the tank and take a good look at the situation from outside; see if Simon can't come up with a decent solution

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: September 04, 2018, 02:47:29 pm »

Curse the universe for bringing me such great and prompt retribution for what was really a rather weak insult all in all. Then consider if we could maybe get the tank back up to its feet. Maybe if we attached a large eye screw of sorts to the side of a wall and looped a rope through that, then attached one end of the rope to the underside of the tank. The attached the other end to the drive train or something and use the tank's engines to pull on it to pull the tank back up?

If not, anything around that we could use as large lever to help us get it back up?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2677 on: September 07, 2018, 10:56:11 am »

Lets roll to see if the murder spiral starts.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
[1] You slip into a coma.

Actually stab him.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
For what? He's just sitting there...unconscious.

Very unconscious.

Aggressively boop Alice on the nose until she stops attempting to finish off the man she crippled.  Use a rifle butt.

"Haha, Alice, I know we're in a bad situation, but it's not the time to take out your frustration on allies!  We'll need everyone here to help out if we're gonna get the tank right-side up again!"

Simon watches as Bob starts trying to climb out, smiles a little wider, and nods.

"Well, if we want to do it fast, anyway.  Don't worry Robert, no hard feelings, I won't take violent revenge on you for abandoning me here, I can understand your eagerness to finally go and kill some Naughties.  You've waited long enough!"

"Now, Alice, get back on the controls, see if you can't do anything.  I'm gonna try something with the turret, let's see if German tanks really are as overdesigned as they say!"

Sit down next to the turret, and try rotating it against the ground to push the tank right-side up again. Edit: Redjive is already doing this, since I forgot to post last night, so either help him with the controls (if that's meaningful), or... go outside and push, I guess.  If that plan fails, exit the tank and take a good look at the situation from outside; see if Simon can't come up with a decent solution

You give Alice a meaningful look and lift your rifle a bit in her direction before going to help with trying to use the turret to right the tank.

*sighs deeply in American* "Alice, you really suck some serious ass at driving. I mean, less ass than I would, but still, pretty shit."
Begin rotating the turret around to try and use the barrel to push us back onto our top, the way we ought to be. If it is made evident that this is a pointless endeavor, go and assist with clearing the hallways. Make note of 2 position that provide cover from both the area we came from and the areas in front of us, and try not to trigger any traps.

[1][5]
Tobeis, temporarily insane for one reason or another, decides that the best way to use the turret to right the tank is to point it at the ground and fire a shell. He's moments away from actually doing that when Simon shoulder checks him out of the way.

"I APPLAUD YOUR DESIRE FOR CARNAGE, PRIVATE MISSPELLED NAME, BUT I SUGGEST IN THE FUTURE THAT YOU TURN YOUR THROBBING MURDER LUST TOWARDS SOMETHING IN LEDERHOSEN!"

Simon grabs the turret controls and through careful and patient turning manages to get the tank up onto its side and finally send it thundering back down onto its treads.

Curse the universe for bringing me such great and prompt retribution for what was really a rather weak insult all in all. Then consider if we could maybe get the tank back up to its feet. Maybe if we attached a large eye screw of sorts to the side of a wall and looped a rope through that, then attached one end of the rope to the underside of the tank. The attached the other end to the drive train or something and use the tank's engines to pull on it to pull the tank back up?

If not, anything around that we could use as large lever to help us get it back up?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You shout commands and information from outside the tank as Simon uses the turret to push his way back up. You're not sure he listens to you, but the tank does end up back on its treads so...good enough.

You wonder if doing that has possibly warped the barrel at all...

Scout ahead of the rest, knife ready to stab any hostiles.
Do a scan of the room. If I don’t see anyone, I’ll slowly move into the room, inching around the perimeter and keeping my eyes open to activity.
I'm going with her, and keeping an eye out for traps. Traps that I should not trigger or let anyone else trigger.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Try to get out one of the hatches that might not be blocked by the ground, then head into the room. Flashlight out, point into corners, Bob will try to see and call out any threats before they hit the group.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Follow the people to the room. Help with anything
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
All five of you fan out in your most tactical manner, guns up, and sweep the circular outer room for any threats. Its a quick sweep, taking maybe 10 seconds, but afterwards you're all convinced that there are no overt threats in the room. No nazis, no bombs, no trip wires, no comical death traps or poison gas emitters.  It seems to be just an abandoned, if still functional, room.

Carefully move into the room and take a closer look at the recording machines.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
You let everyone else handle the sweep and instead walk over to the nearest camera and audio system. There's used film and magnetic tape in both; a recording of audio and video  taken sometime in the past. You could rewatch the film in the camera and if you synced up the audio recorder even get the sound to it. However, only one person could do it since they'd be looking through the viewfinder of the camera.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2678 on: September 07, 2018, 11:06:51 am »

"Does anyone of you understand german?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: September 07, 2018, 11:51:51 am »

I know some, I can take a stab
Watch/Listen to the tapes.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: September 07, 2018, 12:18:56 pm »

annoyingly ask the people about what they hear on the tapes
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: September 07, 2018, 05:24:56 pm »

"I can take a listen if it helps."

Eavesdrop on the tapes, and try to see if there are any exits to the room we're in. ((OOC, I'm not certain of the layout, but I'm hoping we're not stuck down here)) MAKE SURE TO BE OUT OF LINE OF FIRE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:10:19 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: September 07, 2018, 08:04:11 pm »

"Woo!  We're back in action!  Since getting diagonal didn't work so well, new plan: I'm gonna man the secondary MG and fire at the archway until it's wide enough to let us pass.  Gunny, help me out with the turret's MG.  If this doesn't work, I'll let you try the main gun, don't worry!"

Simon drops into the radio operator / machinegunner's seat, and casually flicks on the radio.

"Hey, all you guys in the tunnel, you're not still in the line of fire from the archway, are you?  'Cause we're about to open up with the MGs, and I'd hate for any of y'all to be caught by ricochets or something.  So yeah, warn me if you're not behind cover or around a bend or something."

Hop in the machinegunner's seat, and ask over the radio what the status of the tunnel people is.  If they're not at risk of being hit by ricochets, just open up on the side of the archway with the MG, aiming to chip away at the stone so we can smash through.  If our allies are in the line of fire, ask Alice to manuver the tank so we can shoot from an oblique angle, minimizing the risk of teamkills.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2683 on: September 07, 2018, 09:51:02 pm »

Try hitting the walls with my knife, to make sure there are no hidden doors or entrances in this room.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2684 on: September 07, 2018, 11:02:11 pm »

Okay, so the map of the basement so far includes: elevator, steel doors, stone room, 40 foot hallway that turns left, metal wall, ring room with monitoring stuff, and enclosed room with carved ceiling. Have we missed any exits?

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:07:22 am by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 228