Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469174 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Booby Traps
« Reply #2235 on: June 13, 2018, 07:47:09 am »

Move with Bob, scout with Binocs. If lightning things start to happen, move us out of the way.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2236 on: June 13, 2018, 09:58:20 am »

"Radio's got it for now. If he spots anything of interest, we'll come right back. If you want, you can check with him and catch up to us."

Got it sir.

Radio, if'n you find one of them Kraut subs, can ya' kick one my way?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2237 on: June 13, 2018, 10:38:03 am »

To Bob, over the Radio: "Sure, sure ... you do that. I ... I think we need a minute over here. Something happened. Not sure what, but ... I think  ... I think everything went according to plan. Does that actually happen?

"You better get ready for an ambush or something. It ain't gonna stay according to plan, and if it does, we're probably all still sleeping and the mission's gonna happen tomorrow."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: June 14, 2018, 07:18:14 am »

Quote from: Strider03
Quote from: Ozarck
To Bob, over the Radio: "Sure, sure ... you do that. I ... I think we need a minute over here. Something happened. Not sure what, but ... I think  ... I think everything went according to plan. Does that actually happen?

"You better get ready for an ambush or something. It ain't gonna stay according to plan, and if it does, we're probably all still sleeping and the mission's gonna happen tomorrow."
I think the mission is happening now. We've blown some shit up. That's usually a good indication that the 888th is active in the area.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2239 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:04 am »

Assuming this is the appropriate place to post such things...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unless there is a desperate need for a different class of soldier? I'm happy to oblige as necessary.
Looks ok, if you want I can stick you with the rest of the crew

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: June 14, 2018, 10:04:37 am »

Sure.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: June 14, 2018, 10:20:52 am »

Quote from: Redjive_Industries
Unless there is a desperate need for a different class of soldier? I'm happy to oblige as necessary.

This is an update and clarification of my team's action this round:

So, Tala, Grouse, and Taggart are going down the southeast branch of the cul de sac (lookingfor Frenchies). Ed, Radio, Jackson, and Toby "New Guy" Boon are going down the southwest fork with the same objective, after we loot the wreckage of anything useable. If you need to have someone take a full turn to do the looting, Radio and Jackson will stay behind, while Ed will take the New Guy down the fork. If we spot trouble, though, we'll quickly regroup with Radio and Jackson and alert the others (via radio).

Clear as mud?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2242 on: June 14, 2018, 11:03:33 am »

"The hell was that?" Bob muttered at the sound of explosions. A little concerned, he broadcasted over the radio: "You alright over there? Heard some explosions."

"Anyway, I'm thinking we'll turn east now, start trying to get in a bit closer to the fort, alright?"

Cross the road and head east with Denver. Make sure to look both ways before crossing roads, and be ready to shoot if seen by enemies.

Move with Bob, scout with Binocs. If lightning things start to happen, move us out of the way.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You head east.  You make it past another road and hide behind a nearby house so you can get a look at the next road to the east.  There are nazis to the north, another supply truck slowly rolling southward with several nazi soldiers jogging along beside it. You can hear screaming from the back of the truck.

Simon lays stunned on the ground where he fell, smiling up at the rainclouds.  After a few seconds he reaches up to feel his now-unprotected head, and chuckles to himself.  "Aheheh, damn, had that helmet since the suicide mission... hehe..."

Roll over and start crawling away from the remaining building, back to the forest...  Simon's just going to retrace his path back to base, because that is sadly the wise thing to do.  Much as I want to go kill Nazis in the buildings to the west, there's no actual benefit to...

Wait.  Wait.  This is RTD, right?  So Simon can roll a 1d6 to drive a tank, and has at least a 50% success chance?  Was that Panzer he saw before running, implying occupants?  If not, after getting back to the forest, divert west towards the Nazis and their tank.  No better lightning protection than being ENCASED IN ARMOR PLATING!

Hmmm. To be completely honest you're not sure if it was running. Or at least if it was actually occupied. You pull the wood spikes out of yourself and crawl back into the forest and around back towards where you saw the tank.  Its a lot easier to get back to the edge of the woods and get a look at that tank than it was getting to where you were before. You have a good view of the intersection from the trees and can see that now there are no soldiers around the tank, but the tank is running and there's a commander hanging out on top, half out of the upper hatch.

”Houses to the left of me, other houses to the right. Here I am, stuck in another house with no one in particular.”
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Wait...you feel a great disturbance in the house, as though another house cried out in terror and then was silenced.

Find stuff to build a plane. Just in this house.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

[3]
You find...an aluminum coffee pot.

Think you're gonna need some kind of powerful engine, a control system, a propeller, and a shit load of junk.

Quote from: Redjive_Industries

This is an update and clarification of my team's action this round:

So, Tala, Grouse, and Taggart are going down the southeast branch of the cul de sac (lookingfor Frenchies). Ed, Radio, Jackson, and Toby "New Guy" Boon are going down the southwest fork with the same objective, after we loot the wreckage of anything useable. If you need to have someone take a full turn to do the looting, Radio and Jackson will stay behind, while Ed will take the New Guy down the fork. If we spot trouble, though, we'll quickly regroup with Radio and Jackson and alert the others (via radio).

Clear as mud?

(attack took 1 charge)

Alright I'll just respond to this since It looks like everyone is following those actions.

You both head off down to opposite sides of the cul-de-sac and find similar circumstances at either end: There are no frenchies alive here. There is clear evidence of a fight, the houses are gunned up, a few are partially blown up, and there are a fair number of corpses scattered about. There are bound and vivisected corpses here as well.  There is little of use here; its all been scavenged already, or destroyed. It might be back with the nazi convoy, it would make sense they'd try to seize everything they could and take it with them.

Radio...radios in to command about the state of things. They confirm and say they'll send troops in along your path to hold this area.

https://imgur.com/a/kcsIKxU

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: June 14, 2018, 11:18:15 am »

*busily digs and camouflages a foxhole shored up with wood and camoed so that it just looks like more wreckage, then goes to see if anyone's left an SMG or some grenades behind*
(Technically still applicable, this is what I was doing before Ed gave the order to advance.)
Spoiler: Rifleman Parrish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:09:41 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: June 14, 2018, 11:23:55 am »

(also if someone can give me a quick rundown on who I take orders from and who has bad luck so I know not to stand next to them)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: June 14, 2018, 12:27:39 pm »

"Wanna take these guys out? You could head north to get a line of attack open from behind, then we hit from both sides at the same time."

If Denver agrees to this, Bob will try to find a good, low point to set up his BAR, and then wait for Denver to get into position. Signal to attack would be three clicks with the clicket, hopefully timing the attack with thunder again. Since I think it'll probably take a turn before Denver would get into position, how many Nazis are jogging alongside? If it doesn't take a turn for Denver to get in position, then open fire at the signal!

((I'm thinking since we've both got weapons with automatic fire, we could take down quite a few of these guys if not all, before having Denver go in close to take out the drivers with CQC while Bob provides suppressive fire? And if we succeed really well (yeah, right), maybe we get a truck.))

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:57:21 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2246 on: June 14, 2018, 02:28:49 pm »

"Ah well, gotta work with what'cha got."

Make coffee. Is there a clothes drier around here?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2247 on: June 14, 2018, 02:34:37 pm »

"That's a lot of dead frenchies. So, what do we do now?There dorsn't seem to be a point in staying here, seeing that the french guys we were supossed to meet are now dead."
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: June 14, 2018, 04:00:49 pm »

"I'm on board. If you focus on the runners alongside, I can provide support and then run up on the drivers"."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: June 14, 2018, 06:51:31 pm »

(I have edited my character sheet for a bit more background to the tune of: I basically just set about Securing The Perimeter/digging foxholes and placing traps unless I have direct orders to do something. Changed my +1 First Aid to +1 Traps)

Spoiler: Rifleman Parrish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:00:56 pm by Redjive_Industries »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 228