Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467344 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1800 on: March 07, 2018, 07:49:37 pm »

Stay just out of sight, ready to move in when the stupid plan goes south.
((It helps to provide input :P With what I presume is everyones busyness and the implication of 'if it is bolded, assume we told everyone else important and pertinent and involved and associated nearby in the 888th', it helps to get communication from others.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1801 on: March 07, 2018, 07:56:10 pm »

"That's a nice uniform you've got there, Tala. Really brings out your, ah, explosive assets."

"Huh. Hey Simon, from this radio chatter, I think we're missing something."

~We're snipers on the roof, we carry a rifle! But there's ain't no heads so we tell tall tales and sing our sniping tune~

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 07, 2018, 10:21:13 pm »

"You know, there're these things called curtains and shutters, and they'd be perfect for you two. . ." Bob muttered to himself, leaning back in the car. He turned his gaze back to the hotel, and stared up at the windows. "Ah, well, they've got this covered, right? No reason to just go up there, and mess with what seems to be a plan."

Bob thought for a moment, before radioing out the following. "Hey!! Did anyone tell the hotel owners what was up, that we might be putting some holes in one of their rooms?"

Shake head at the amorous couple, radio that out, then sit back, watching the park. I dunno why, maybe this isn't their only base of operations or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 07, 2018, 10:58:26 pm »

"Hey!! Did anyone tell the hotel owners what was up, that we might be putting some holes in one of their rooms?"
I did.

Err, if it wasn't that obvious (It's not directly stated I believe T_T), do ensure the hotel owners were told about a counterfeiting bust happening soon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1804 on: March 08, 2018, 10:24:02 am »

"That's a nice uniform you've got there, Tala. Really brings out your, ah, explosive assets."

"Whu-?  Oh, GOD DAMN it, Tala's actually wearing something nice for once and only the Radiohead gets to see?!  You lucky bastard!"

Begrudingly sing along with Alice's tune, while keeping watch on the apartment's windows through the rifle's scope.  Also, remove the incendiary-loaded Springfield from its bag and make sure it's ready for use if we go loud.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1805 on: March 09, 2018, 02:07:51 pm »

Updated action: rig up tripwires and other obstacles along the spies' possible exit paths. Try not to endanger civilian lives with these shenanigans. Ed will not be riding the cart, so Tiruin and Radio can attempt Diplomacy. Maybe someone will get to ride a corpse, shouting "we come in peace!" while firing an automatic high caliber weapon at the Krauts.

Continue with THE PLAN (horrible as it is).

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You want to rig nearly invisible tripwires connected to high explosive charges  along the hallway of a public residential building, without endangering civilian lives? You realize that these bombs are connected to the walls that are the walls of people's rooms right? Knock knock. Who's there? High speed shrapnel; tacky decor reduced to splinters, here to ruin your unassuming civilian lives. Well, whatever man, you live with the screams in your dreams.

[3]

You set up 2 bombs along the hall, one going left from the room, the other going right. They can't leave by the hall without at least having to hop over the wire. You make sure to point out the location of the traps to everyone before throwing some random crap around the explosive charge, where you tucked it against the baseboard of the hall.  Camouflage.

((We're all going to die. Ed first, followed swiftly by The Radio and Tiruin's character. And then a firefight will ensue, which will end with much of the hotel in ruins. THe printing operation will be silenced, for a partial success, but the negative press from a hotel being bombed will limit our GLORY and hamper the war effort. One sec, I think I might have a character stirring in the back of my brain for this situation))

Continue with THE PLAN (horrible as it is).
((SO what's that plan :V))

Without further ado, unless Radio or any other single person ever has something to do, let's get on with the assault plan Room Service! [The cleaning crew kind?] Engage politeness protocol; hopefully DO NOT regret being overt with a guy with a radio for a head. :P [And also establish several sentences that we can say that will be transceived over the radio so I can just type what it means later on]

Are we equipped with a trolley or something, for cleaning material (and possibly a place to not be that conspicuous with a smoke grenade and other utilities, for say, hiding THE Nazis' weapons if we have to push our cover?)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Nothing. nothing. Nothing. [CENSORED] Nothing. Maybe like  potted plant but you can't see it so well. Nothing. Nothing.
((That is some anti-conservative timeline we're in .-.;

Also assault team; if we're going through with room service-plannings, how's about y'all position yourselves in a way to disarm us or our position when we exit the area? Because I am knocking on the door, and mentioning room service. If all else fails, I'm using my silenced pistol and mentioning a code word that means 'everyone attack'.

But I'm assuming that they're NOT alarmed, and that I have time to plant the grenade while we sweep up the place. As far as I also know, those door hangers or mentions of what's up, are not yet in place in this year?))

We're all going to die. Ed first, followed swiftly by The Radio and Tiruin's character.
((You speak as if you have experience with this. o_O Is it THAT bad a plan and we cannot be creative this way?))

((That is some anti-conservative timeline we're in .-.))
Ti, you act like people weren't doing it at all points in human history. Exhibitionism is not a new desire. I got freaking Pompeii graffiti here about dat shit
Quote from: fucking pompeii
(on the wall in the street); 8898: Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog
And Theophilus was a dog. I know. I was there! Rattling. RATTLING.

Well, let's do this! Talk our way in, all smooth like.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Well, we don't have a speech roll in this universe so I'm just gonna use will. Since no one decided to actually say what they wanted to say. Which is a lesson I would have thought you learned by now. Because you know how this black die is with speech rolls.

[5] Well fine, you contrarian piece of polygonal plastic.

You knock on the door. You're about to knock again when someone speaks from behind it. They have a gruff voice and a stilted sort of speech that makes it clear they're trying to hide an accent.

"What?"

"Housekeeping, We-"

He interrupts "Don't need any. Go away"

"Ah but you see there's a leak in an apartment down below, we need to get in to the plumbing in this room to fix it."

There's a long silence. Eventually the door cracks open a few inches and the man sticks his head out. He's wearing one of those caps you see on thugs, a dumpy lump of fabric with a stubby front facing brim,  and his head immediately reminds you of a cinder block; all hard edges and long flat planes. He has a jaw that could double as earth moving equipment and teeth like paving stones. His eyes are tiny beady things in his giant head.  He looks you over and immediately stops when he sees your head.

"Whats..." he says, taken aback before starting again, more aggressively "What are you playing at, Old son? If this is a jape, you'll find me most displeased" He seems to be trying to imitate a vaguely cockney accent but it is about as smooth and believable as Simon's pickup lines. Ie not very.

"Its a costume! You see we have an agreement with Galvin Manufacturing to wear these as a promotion for their new line of personal radios. Its even functional!" You wind through a few channels, just to demonstrate.

You see the muscles in the man's jaw flex as he thinks the situation over.

"Which room do you need to get into?" he says, finally.

"Oh, just the bathroom. It will only take a few minutes."

"10 at tops", Tala chimes in.

[6] The man shifts his gaze to Tala, looking her up and down before a lascivious smirk appears.

"Alright. But only that room." He says, stepping back. He doesn't bother to open the door for you, but you can hear movement inside. Stealthy movement that clearly they don't want you to hear.

Become a janitor, hiding the gun in the mop, and putting my sack of equipment in the cart thing.
“Hey guys, I’m gunna join you guys, but with some janitor crap. Good?”
I really have no idea what I am doing. You guys have any suggestions?
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

You run downstairs to obtain a Janitor's uniform and a mop. It takes a bit to get the uniform but what really delays you is trying to make what is obviously a scoped rifle look like a mop. Or to hide it in a mob. Neither of these options really pan out so you're left downstairs in a supply room, staring angrily at a mop with a rifle taped to it.

"This all...made much more sense in my head."

Wait out of sight of door, knife ready. If the room service crew is found out, start stabbing.

"I'll stand by to intervene."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Watching a girl converse while leering out from behind a corner, knife in hand, ready to start stabbing?  Is it prom night? Is another girl going to have to hear a bad one liner about the "pull out" method while bleeding out behind a diner somewhere in upstate New York? Mouth working silently in the pale yellow light of the old street lights, eyes going dull and...

You blink and shake your head a little. Mission first, RnR later.

Later

Stay just out of sight, ready to move in when the stupid plan goes south.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
This stupid plan seems to be going north.  Wait...that doesn't make sense. Wait the phrase "Plan going south" doesn't really make sense either.  You quietly have a minor linguistic crisis as you realize that various turns of phrase and figures of speech don't really make that much sense when you think about them...Including "Turn of phrase" and "Figure of speech".

Oh god.

~We're snipers on the roof, we carry a rifle! But there's ain't no heads so we tell tall tales and sing our sniping tune~

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

"Whu-?  Oh, GOD DAMN it, Tala's actually wearing something nice for once and only the Radiohead gets to see?!  You lucky bastard!"

Begrudingly sing along with Alice's tune, while keeping watch on the apartment's windows through the rifle's scope.  Also, remove the incendiary-loaded Springfield from its bag and make sure it's ready for use if we go loud.

"That song is terrible. It doesn't even rhyme!"

"Songs don't need to rhyme."

"Good songs do. And you can't rhyme one word with the same word. Thats lazy."

"We're Snipers on the roof...uh...Oh!. Our job is to be Aloof! We sit and wait, for a shot to take, and make their heads go poof"

"6 out of 10"

"You're in a bad mood."

"Yeah, Tala is over there in a maid outfit! Its just like one of my Japanese Animes but I can't see anything."

"You realize I'm a woman too, right?"

"I did not." Simon says, sarcasm mixing with disdain.

"Just what do you mean by that?"

"I mean you're a foot taller than me, fat, hairy and have silly dyed hair. You're like the child of a circus bear and a circus clown."

"Their love was real, damn it."

Simon looks away from the scope only long enough to give Alice a bewildered look before turning back. He starts quietly humming her song before swearing under his breath and going silent.

"You know, there're these things called curtains and shutters, and they'd be perfect for you two. . ." Bob muttered to himself, leaning back in the car. He turned his gaze back to the hotel, and stared up at the windows. "Ah, well, they've got this covered, right? No reason to just go up there, and mess with what seems to be a plan."

Bob thought for a moment, before radioing out the following. "Hey!! Did anyone tell the hotel owners what was up, that we might be putting some holes in one of their rooms?"

Shake head at the amorous couple, radio that out, then sit back, watching the park. I dunno why, maybe this isn't their only base of operations or something.

You radio that in but the only ones who have their radios on right now are people not on the assault team. Since I assume they'd be smart enough not to leave their radios on and expose themselves like great big dummy heads.

Instead you get hold of Alice, who says that Tala probably handled that. Probably.  You shrug. Not your problem. You sit back, propping your feet up as best you can on the opposite seat, and watch the park. There are some people walking around; not many but some. Ah, it brings back memories. Romantic, starving evenings in the parks during the depression. A string of tired but hopeful young girls, starry eyed even if there were bags beneath them. To be young again.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Room Service
« Reply #1806 on: March 09, 2018, 03:18:55 pm »

After leaning back to stare into the park again, Bob leaned forward as though to exit the car, then slumped down again. Not his problem, right? He leaned forward. If there were any more of these people, they'd probably be fleeing the hotel, or maybe there might be another branch that made deliveries to the park? But no, that wasn't likely. He hesitated a moment, made sure no one was looking at the car, then opened the door and jogged out, heading into the hotel. He would just check with the management, make sure they knew about the bust, then head back out and wait again. In and out, it would be quick.

Find the management, and make sure they're clear about the impending situation, make sure they're ready to get medical assistance in case of civilianc casualties, and make sure they have a story to prevent a panic.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 09, 2018, 03:29:51 pm »

((It's actually working, and here I thought having a radioHEAD would give a penalty. But we got a 6 and 5! Our opportunity!

...Err, I'll post later on. Busy being busy :-\ That being said, are we able to talk or converse or radio people, Piecewise, without being disturbed?))
And Theophilus was a dog. I know. I was there! Rattling. RATTLING.
((I know :3 I just wanted people to talk about it. What I meant was-...well okay, I didn't think that through. :-[))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 09, 2018, 03:38:11 pm »

Tripwires and other obstacles! Tripwires that are not rigged to explosives! I wanted tripwires, PW, Tripwires!

You know, so that the enemy would come out, trip and fall, and be easy pickings, not so that the enemy would come out, trigger Armageddon, and become so much paste smeared across the rubble of a once nice hotel that had the sad misfortune of encountering the 888th in it's efforts to 'help.' Not every trap needs thermite to be a success. Shocking, I know. Ed has a hard time believing it as well, considering his track record.

Hope this helps.

had i wanted to blow the building up, I would have done so by now. Grumble grumble gripe.

Also, that's some snazzy dialogue you added in to this post. I enjoyed every line of it.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 09, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »

Still holding on, ready to get in the action as soon as it starts. If my thoughts about the nonsensical nature of idioms in the English language get the better of me, I'll just think about Tala in the maid's outfit to clear my mind.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 11, 2018, 05:50:44 pm »

Well, we don't have a speech roll in this universe so I'm just gonna use will. Since no one decided to actually say what they wanted to say. Which is a lesson I would have thought you learned by now. Because you know how this black die is with speech rolls.
((My dear, you've got this the wrong way around: it is exactly because you roll those juicy dice whenever we don't do our own talking, that I'm not doing my own talking! I can make you do my writing, how could I pass that up?))

Let Tala do the talking, it's her grand plan after all. Apparently Tir preferred if I tried to help, but since I'm short on time I'll just make it an action. We'll be going with her plan it seems, meaning we'll be trying to convince the Germans that we're on their side and that we are here to exfiltrate them. Use the information we got from our prisoner to make our story more believable.

Should the negotiations go south in an unrecoverable way and these thugs get violent, try to disorient them by playing some extremely loud sound (like what I did on the ship). If allies then come in to overcome them, keep playing loud noise to mask the sounds from fighting. Maybe try to go for loud drilling noises.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:36:13 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 11, 2018, 09:04:53 pm »

screw this stupid janitor plot, I didn’t need it anyway. Help Tala and Radio by staying outside the door and get anyone who tries to escape.
Okay, Tiruin. Thanks for helping me.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:00:42 am by Leodanny »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 11, 2018, 09:16:38 pm »

(("Help" in this context meaning "walk into the room and shoot fools", I guess?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 12, 2018, 02:01:59 am »

screw this stupid janitor plot, I didn’t need it anyway. Help Tala and Radio, then.
((Language! :P Coordinate with others, also sorry for not taking oversight in advice but I'm not sure what you're not sure about or want to do. Just checked your profile and being totally new and all.
Also warning ahead--if you do decide to do this, PLEASE make sure you speak IC, because say this situation happens: We do all right, you get in (roll badly or otherwise), and then it's an unannounced visit. Negative implications are what we try to avoid at times; clarity needed, as implied by Piece's warning up there about 'ok you're not doing dialogue? Let's dice it!'.))

Radio Controlled; I PM'd you a plan of conversation and otherwise, I'll be putting a placeholder action here for Piecewise. This is the placeholder priority action other than the 4 minor objectives:
> First assess if the initial idea of 'chiming in in German is a good idea, to sneak them out of the place as if we're on their side'. Did we get some passphrases, presumably from interrogation, if there are anything like that or stuff the spies use to identify others?
> If that's a no to the assessment; Use smoke grenade to fake a fire as the ten minutes are up, (ie "Oh dear, are these wires from the other room? Watch where you're putting tha- (activate smoke grenade, since my previous dialogue must've told the assault team to ready up to capture), FIRE!"), and Radio ushers *sternly* out those fellows while I tell the others to call the management up here. If they're (those thugs) going to help me, all the better--this gives time for the assault team to come in and "help out".

Hopefully bloodless, and a clean sweep of the area while apprehending the folks around.

Ten minutes.

Tala nodded to her fellow custodian and entered the room. She has several personal objectives, all that were easily accomplished given her demeanor:
1. Note down how many people are present; if there are signs of being armed or not; Tala did this by polite gestures as she let Radio's Character Radioman (...that's really his name?) look around for the bathroom--if he fails to stop the bathroom, she chides him casually by pointing out where the bathroom is and directing him that way. Something like "You're too focused on brand promotion. We've a job to do,
 don't want to hear more of the cobblewoddles from our customers!"

2. Note the visibility from the window, and if there is anything blocking the path there (basically note pathways of exit from the room)
3. Respond courteously but concisely to any questions asked; as Tala cannot have specifics unless Piece intervenes, here's a few sayings. If they ask 'what's the problem' if we're taking 'too long', we say "Residue clog; past resident, months old. Tons of hair. It's a girl thing." adding the last sentence only if appropriate;
4. The rest of the coded information will be spoken to Radio while we're in the bathroom--just like mad-libs, without the obvious hilarity. Tala will be speaking what she found out in code.

((For a preview, it's like the following. An asterisk means 'this is where a coded phrase notes specific information'. Of course, adjust to GM preference--I did love how you RP'd our characters. We sounded competent! :-\ :-[ :'(
"Hand me the brush while I get this open; it's been *[four] months since we last checked this bathroom. They *[should update] these checks more often. Drain is *[(barred by a lot of debris and covered up but the sink is all clear)]. We *[may need help with this later on]. Usual schedule; we apologize for the inconvenience." (To note '# of people other than us, present'; 'possibility of conventional weaponry or otherwise' (if not conventional weaponry, then it's "They've updated these things since last time.")' 'General passageways out the window for sniper team and assault team'; 'Cue for assault team to attack NOW' (Either a 'we may need help now/later, or never', because the 'never' means 'we'll be exiting and only scouting the area))
Also the PM is MOSTLY for purposes of 'Ok should we attack from this end, since you have sonic-ish blasts of disorientation, while I signal the assault team and hit the smoke grenade from our location as we distract them?' or 'Ok, let's just observe and scout out the room before the assault team gets in. I'll time the smoke grenade by stuffing the area; we need only a minute or so until the assault. Oh and have a good day boys, I hope we didn't take much of your time!". Gotta work on our big opportunity! It's not everyday that the dice or otherwise smiles upon us players here!
I can totally clarify the code for anyone finding it confusing!))

If it is agreed that we're attacking from the bathroom area, ready that smoke grenade for us, act all shocked because it's going to make an explodey-noise, then I'm dropping prone and using my pistol to aim to disable them.
If not, I'm just talking to transmit coded messages through Radio's radiohead, then exiting like a good maintenance team does. Courteously, with politeness.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:11:20 am by Tiruin »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 12, 2018, 04:32:19 am »

Piecewise-Friendly version of the post above:

"Placeholder Action", presumably only done if Radio agrees:  Use the smoke grenade and some acting ("No, don't cross those wires!") to fake a fire, then usher out the occupants out while telling them to call management.  Presumably Radio gets to decide whether the assault team is called in.

Primary action (information gathering)
1. How many people are present in the apartment, and do they seem armed?
2. How visible is the room's window, and is the path clear enough to use as an escape route in an emergency?
3. If anyone asks questions please don't roll speech to respond to them and simply assume Tir would give a reasonable speech:5 quality answer.  Otherwise, talking to the occupants of the apartment is unnecessary.
4. All relevant information will be spoken to Radioman through non-humourous and realistic coded messages.  Unless something comes up that Tala could not talk to Radioman, he should know the answers to 1 & 2.

If teammates decide to attack from the bathroom area, activate the smoke grenade [whether it should be thrown or just dropped is ambiguous], act shocked, then draw the pistol and drop prone before shooting to disable.  [Shoot Nazi kneecaps and asses, one would assume?].

If teammates waffle about what to do (as they inevitably shall), just transmit information through Radio's headset to the main team's comms.  Also, act courteous and polite, like a quality maintenance team.

((Uhh.  Piecewise did ask me to do this...))
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 228