Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468073 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1665 on: February 01, 2018, 02:36:02 pm »

Hey, if Simon gets to hang out on a roof all day, why can't I? Requisition some binoculars and go hang out with Simon for awhile.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1666 on: February 02, 2018, 10:41:37 am »

Darn. Keep sleeping, I guess. What time of day is it right now?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its a bit hard to track times between everyone so I'm gonna say its around noon.

Is this man of questionable style choices around? If not, when can we expect this person to arrive, or do they perhaps know where he lives?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You ask around about the man and the regulars say he shows up in the evenings, usually around sundown. No one knows anything more.

Await the goatee'd man of letters. Sit and listen to his spiel, should he arrive today. Nod along thoguhtfully, and mutter something about how "America should hear this," and "The people ought to know." If he becomes interested and approaches us, mention our tabloid (the one we are pretending to be editors of) and hint that a broader audience might be beneficial. Try to do all this without pissing off the actual locals.
Meanwhile, engage in billiards, darts, and bar-room bets. Especially the ones related to men with radios for heads (maybe).

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Sitting and waiting.

Keep watching female officers from the rooftop, like an absolute creep.  Silently shoot anyone who attacks them.

"If I was in charge of this army all the female officers would be in skirts I tell you what. Skirts and stationed in very windy areas." You shift your aim from one to another and back again. "Bird hunter would have been a better cover for me, Rifle and all. Silenced bird hunter. Hunting rare urban birds. Urban birdan."

((Could I ask how handie-talkies work? :-[ Can I contact a specific person or something?))

Tala shifted to contact Bob and Simon. No word from Radioman or the other 888th meant no information flow, and she was sure her handie-talkie didn't have enough...range--was the best word she knew for it--to reliably contact the others.
I'm thinking it won't be that simple is all, she said after relating what she experienced. No special team won't be called in for something the local authorities can handle. Did anyone catch where our deliverers are getting their supplies? That's the best target we can aim for rather than aiming at the drivers, even if they're a good lead themselves. There must be a management to this. Going to double check with who I guess is a reliable guy.

Ask around for... ((um, what I could think is best for this situation. I don't know the concise term for the handler of deliveries.))
Ok, ask that man who got angry about how he gets his papers. Drift into casual conversation about the topic, but inquire about what he thinks--what the locals think too, since he's running a newstand himself. (like how long this [pertaining to these 'news' I just angered him with] has been going on and whatnot)
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Handie Talkies work like what we call walkie talkies (In WW2 walkie talkies were what they called the large radios you guys usually use). You have different channels you can switch between. Usually you have an "All" channel and then specific channels for specific people. So yes, you can contact a specific person.

The man buys his papers from the publishers and resells them. As per "What he thinks" you have to tell me the subject. What he thinks about what? The defeatist paper? The situation? People making that paper? General mood regarding those events?

"Damn, sounds like I need to get lucky. Can you tell me who to look for, at least?"

Ask. Catch him if he runs.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
"Guy about 5'8. Pale. Goatee, Bowler hat. Has an accent, sounded Swiss or something."

Hey, if Simon gets to hang out on a roof all day, why can't I? Requisition some binoculars and go hang out with Simon for awhile.

You get some binoculars and then go sit on the roof with Simon. You're not quite sure how to feel about his various short skirt mutterings.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 02, 2018, 11:15:23 am »

"Thanks for helping out a friend!"

Walk away, radio description to all team members when nobody's around, then go get a change of clothes. My trench knife should never be out of reach during this process.

((I'm carrying my weapons in a messenger bag padded so they don't show.))

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 02, 2018, 11:43:45 am »

The man buys his papers from the publishers and resells them. As per "What he thinks" you have to tell me the subject. What he thinks about what? The defeatist paper? The situation? People making that paper? General mood regarding those events?
((What he thinks regarding this defeatist paper--I'm asking him how these paper-publishing-process works because if he can help give any lead, it'd be nice to vent my 'complaining' or 'tell the police' about it and all.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1669 on: February 02, 2018, 01:04:55 pm »

((What he thinks regarding this defeatist paper--I'm asking him how these paper-publishing-process works because if he can help give any lead, it'd be nice to vent my 'complaining' or 'tell the police' about it and all.))
Well the specifics of the process are kind of irrelevant for the defeatist paper because its not part of some large publisher, its done by some guys independently. Their methods and actions will be nothing like those of normal papers aside from some basic ones.

As per what he thinks of the paper, I think his getting mad about it is a fairly obvious indication what he thinks about it.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 02, 2018, 05:51:16 pm »

Sleep. . . What time of year is it, and what's the weather like today?
((think I'm just gonna ask random questions while Bob sleeps, I guess))

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 03, 2018, 05:20:40 am »

Could we t-t-timeskip?

Either way, scan the airwaves while we're idle, try to pick up anything suspicious (that isn't our own gaggle of thugs, mind).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 03, 2018, 09:58:03 am »

"Oh, hey Alice!  You come up to watch Tala with me?  Can't say it's very fun, her clothes are waaay too practical to look good.  I bet she'd look great in a nice dress, and hey, it'd make information easier to get!  Or it'd at least make this less boring.  Whatta you think?"

Discuss Tala's disguise with Alice, and how some proper skin-showing fashion could increase her information gathering abilities by over nine-thousand percentiles.  Be ready to shoot anyone who physically insults her fashion sense, though.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1673 on: February 03, 2018, 06:15:10 pm »

"Can't really say I disagree there, Simon. Tala, though. She's a bit demanding for me."

Hmm hmmm hm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 04, 2018, 12:21:53 am »

Err, this. Continue discussion. Find leads to this investigation that way, by talk.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1675 on: February 05, 2018, 12:44:40 am »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1676 on: February 05, 2018, 09:06:48 am »

"Thanks for helping out a friend!"

Walk away, radio description to all team members when nobody's around, then go get a change of clothes. My trench knife should never be out of reach during this process.

((I'm carrying my weapons in a messenger bag padded so they don't show.))

You radio the description in and then go change your clothes in the park crescent apartment where its safe. You still keep your knife near you. Never know when Alice will get into one of her...moods.

Sleep. . . What time of year is it, and what's the weather like today?
((think I'm just gonna ask random questions while Bob sleeps, I guess))

June in England so...dreary, cloudy, and depressing.

"Oh, hey Alice!  You come up to watch Tala with me?  Can't say it's very fun, her clothes are waaay too practical to look good.  I bet she'd look great in a nice dress, and hey, it'd make information easier to get!  Or it'd at least make this less boring.  Whatta you think?"

Discuss Tala's disguise with Alice, and how some proper skin-showing fashion could increase her information gathering abilities by over nine-thousand percentiles.  Be ready to shoot anyone who physically insults her fashion sense, though.

"I'm just saying, flashing some thigh is a classic information gathering technique. Also it makes this substantially less boring."

"Can't really say I disagree there, Simon. Tala, though. She's a bit demanding for me."

Hmm hmmm hm.

"She's like...you know the class president stereotype? She's not Tsundere..."

Err, this. Continue discussion. Find leads to this investigation that way, by talk.
This random newspaper man who dislikes the defeatist newspaper and doesn't sell it or have any connection to it doesn't know anything about its creation or distribution.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1677 on: February 05, 2018, 09:08:06 am »

Could we t-t-timeskip?

Either way, scan the airwaves while we're idle, try to pick up anything suspicious (that isn't our own gaggle of thugs, mind).

I'm gonna time skip us to the evening for Radio.

Around 6pm a man who you're pretty sure is the one everyone was talking about wanders into the bar and sits at a table.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 05, 2018, 11:23:05 am »

Buy him a drink, start talking about this defeatist newspaper. Subtle interrogation starto!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:33:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 05, 2018, 04:01:22 pm »

Be standing in back alley ready to catch the guy if he leaves through back entrance.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 228