Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468273 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1650 on: January 29, 2018, 10:08:44 am »

Enjoy the swank. The swank, guys, the swank!

Also, as Radio said, continue our 'data gathering' in our very special 'inconspicuous' way.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 29, 2018, 04:38:08 pm »

"Good luck, Tala.  I'll keep ya safe, just stay in sight of the roof."

Keep watch from the roof, and make sure the De lisle is loaded and at the top of an open bag, ready for use.  If Alice is visible from here, watch her with binoculars; otherwise, watch over Tala.  If either gets attacked, shoot the attackers.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 29, 2018, 04:40:12 pm »

"Sounds like a good gig. I'm interested. How do I join up? I'm running low on funds, ya see."

Casually pick up a paper. Catch him if he runs.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 29, 2018, 06:10:30 pm »

"Nice place here. Probably gonna get a nap or some rest myself, prep up for stake out at night. Don't think I will, but somebody wake me if I oversleep."

Bob is gonna get some rest so he can hopefully stakeout for a larger portion of the night without passing out, and possibly follow someone. Does this mean he gets to. . . dream? Dream!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1654 on: January 29, 2018, 08:33:59 pm »

"Huh. Well, that is very odd, and not technically a crime so far as I'm aware, so carry on, then."

Walk away, without checking any of the papers. It's likely that this guy will tell his employers about this, and they'll be less concerned if the police aren't noticing that they're printing propaganda.
Insight check!: So, did it seem like this guy was telling the truth about just being a hired deliveryperson, or is he one of the printers?
Go report what I've found to the boss, ask his opinion.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 30, 2018, 01:15:36 am »

Before getting ready, Tala made sure the others knew the purpose of the vehicle. "If we get any leads--that means the other 888th out there, we can track using that vehicle. Perhaps I should've requisitioned an unmarked vehicle too, for better movement for people. Or a container van. We could watch over any delivery truck with our own vehicle is all.

"Did anyone see anything yet? Also Radioman, I still had a question for you back there."

Hey Rad; I thought you were out visiting the local bars. How did they take to you?
Also can you message the boss about one question? Whatever they're (the propagandists) doing should be noted as a legal business, or at least a front of one. What are the businesses running paper deliveries in this area? I had this niggling question at the back of my mind but didn't ask before we got here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:53:22 am by Tiruin »

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 30, 2018, 09:47:01 pm »

Charlie finds the petrol station manager and asks for a job. Once hired, Charlie repairs cars, striking up conversations with people until something suspicious is uncovered.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1657 on: January 31, 2018, 09:25:16 am »

((I like how parentheses are respected and I get quipped by the GM but also having the actions happen :P Thanks Piece. You are silly.
Piece: Is Syvarris' character on the same building with us? I'm asking because there are two buildings along Park Crescent, and am always linking the map for people to check in my action post.))

Location: With Strider03/Bob, undercover as birdwatchers. On a building bordering Park Crescent Street.
Any notes on the situation in this area? Tala radioed over the handie-talkie to all other 888th personnel not with her at present, making sure to speak as if she was birdwatching, while staying with Bob on the roof. "I've got a lot of suspicions," she said to Simon and any other 888th personnel nearby, "but they're all founded on a hierarchy of order. Whoever we see dropping the papers are just pawns, paid or otherwise pulled into this. It'd take too long to slip into their ranks by rapport, I bet. Even simple compliments can get people talking; asking about the vehicles, logos, signs, symbols--anything that supports our image as cops (or whatever uniform we're in), and is innocuous enough to be asked normally.

"Anyway, time for me to begin sampling a bit of the local info."

Disguise, away! Go around the vicinity and check on the local papers being sold, seeing if there are any dropsites.
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Tala noticed the Radioman in passing, and decided to ask him directly--as she was sure he had an...integrated handie-talkie, given that he still had that esoteric body paint all over his angular head. Hey Rad; I thought you were out visiting the local bars. How did they take to you?
((Silly is a polite way of describing what I am, I suppose))

You find a few newstands selling papers and magazines. You show them a copy of the defeatist paper you found and ask if they have any of them. No one does and one man working a stand even gets fairly angry at the paper and you by association. You calm him down by explaining you're just trying to find a newstand that's been dumping trash near your house.

Also yeah, sy is on your building.

Rinse and repeat: start gathering information and clues in our own, oh-so inconspicuous way.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Enjoy the swank. The swank, guys, the swank!

Also, as Radio said, continue our 'data gathering' in our very special 'inconspicuous' way.

You two wander about the bar, asking in obtuse ways about various things; shadowy men, secret newspapers, 'The Swank', etc.  You find out exactly one thing: some guy with a goatee has been getting drunk down here  and talking about how the allies should end the war and just try to negotiate. He has a copy of that paper you're talking about, keeps quoting from it or showing statistics.

Keep watch from the roof, and make sure the De lisle is loaded and at the top of an open bag, ready for use.  If Alice is visible from here, watch her with binoculars; otherwise, watch over Tala.  If either gets attacked, shoot the attackers.

You can definitely watch alice, but tala wanders around a bit so there are times when she isn't really visible.

"Sounds like a good gig. I'm interested. How do I join up? I'm running low on funds, ya see."

Casually pick up a paper. Catch him if he runs.

The man shrugs and says someone just asked him about it while he was sitting around making another delivery near the Park Crescent.

"Nice place here. Probably gonna get a nap or some rest myself, prep up for stake out at night. Don't think I will, but somebody wake me if I oversleep."

Bob is gonna get some rest so he can hopefully stakeout for a larger portion of the night without passing out, and possibly follow someone. Does this mean he gets to. . . dream? Dream!

You get some sleep. Sadly your dreams are completely uneventful and unmemorable. Perhaps this is not a good place?

"Huh. Well, that is very odd, and not technically a crime so far as I'm aware, so carry on, then."

Walk away, without checking any of the papers. It's likely that this guy will tell his employers about this, and they'll be less concerned if the police aren't noticing that they're printing propaganda.
Insight check!: So, did it seem like this guy was telling the truth about just being a hired deliveryperson, or is he one of the printers?
Go report what I've found to the boss, ask his opinion.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
You casually walk away and report back. The guy seemed truthful in that he was just paid to do this. He had that "Yeah, sure, whatever" air of a man not really connected to what he's doing. It was a job and nothing more.

You let the people in charge know and they confirm that van drivers they picked up and questioned before had no real connection to the printers and were hired for only a handful of deliveries before they were rotated out.

Charlie finds the petrol station manager and asks for a job. Once hired, Charlie repairs cars, striking up conversations with people until something suspicious is uncovered.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
You ask for a job and the guy promptly tells you he ain't got no positions. He says it in a more english manner but the gist is the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 31, 2018, 11:00:05 am »

Is this man of questionable style choices around? If not, when can we expect this person to arrive, or do they perhaps know where he lives?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 31, 2018, 11:14:33 am »

((Could I ask how handie-talkies work? :-[ Can I contact a specific person or something?))

Tala shifted to contact Bob and Simon. No word from Radioman or the other 888th meant no information flow, and she was sure her handie-talkie didn't have enough...range--was the best word she knew for it--to reliably contact the others.
I'm thinking it won't be that simple is all, she said after relating what she experienced. No special team won't be called in for something the local authorities can handle. Did anyone catch where our deliverers are getting their supplies? That's the best target we can aim for rather than aiming at the drivers, even if they're a good lead themselves. There must be a management to this. Going to double check with who I guess is a reliable guy.

Ask around for... ((um, what I could think is best for this situation. I don't know the concise term for the handler of deliveries.))
Ok, ask that man who got angry about how he gets his papers. Drift into casual conversation about the topic, but inquire about what he thinks--what the locals think too, since he's running a newstand himself. (like how long this [pertaining to these 'news' I just angered him with] has been going on and whatnot)
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:57:03 pm by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 31, 2018, 11:28:00 am »

Tala shifted to contact Bob and Simon. No word from Radioman or the other 888th meant no information flow, and she was sure her handie-talkie didn't have enough...range--was the best word she knew for it--to reliably contact the others.

((Actually, I think you can assume that unless my character is in a bad situation somehow, that your radio messages will be relayed by him when needed. I'm just not really feeling like typing it out every time. Sorry, too lazy  -.- zzz

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 31, 2018, 02:42:43 pm »

Keep watching female officers from the rooftop, like an absolute creep.  Silently shoot anyone who attacks them.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 31, 2018, 07:05:54 pm »

Darn. Keep sleeping, I guess. What time of day is it right now?

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 01, 2018, 07:39:20 am »

Await the goatee'd man of letters. Sit and listen to his spiel, should he arrive today. Nod along thoguhtfully, and mutter something about how "America should hear this," and "The people ought to know." If he becomes interested and approaches us, mention our tabloid (the one we are pretending to be editors of) and hint that a broader audience might be beneficial. Try to do all this without pissing off the actual locals.
Meanwhile, engage in billiards, darts, and bar-room bets. Especially the ones related to men with radios for heads (maybe).

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 01, 2018, 07:44:09 am »

"Damn, sounds like I need to get lucky. Can you tell me who to look for, at least?"

Ask. Catch him if he runs.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:38:30 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 228