Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467271 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1485 on: December 31, 2017, 12:15:39 am »

((ooooh, Bob/Strider03 got a 5 on the Language, thanks to his +2!))
Tala listened in on the radio through the static, assuming several European dialects she was familiar with.

"It's either too hazy or it's something else. Either of that--I can't understand what's being out of it. If you got anything, that'd be great to redirect my knowledge to. That said, got any info on triangulation? We need eyes with that Radioman. If the storm is artificial or natural, there's a waxing and waning period; I hope everyone is alright, because the only other room we did not visit is the navigation room.

"Can you try 888th channels again?"

She waved away the other soldier with another grateful thank you as she awaited Bob's response.

Continue taking care of Bone and the Bodyguard.

Now knowing (from Bob/Strider03) that the language is Macedonian, try parsing in that language.

((I wonder how deep language mechanics go. Hopefully this can be tried, but with a negative modifier if the initial roll failed?))

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
[3]You don't really know any Macedonian. You might be able to make some sort of semi-intelligent guesses via its similarity to other slavic languages but its honestly not your strong suit.

Bone and His guard are beyond the point of danger, they just need some time to recover.

Additional explosive get! I'm marking it in my inventory.

Ed examines the control room for additional issues, and attempts to locate the communications systems - both the shipwide system, and whatever might be used to transmit information beyond the ship. He'll test any radio he finds, attempting to contact Radio and the others. Whatever comms he gets working, he'll use (even if it's just shouting out the broken window). Hmm. may as well also use my vantage point to visually scan the ship for hostiles. report any I find.

"Good news, everyone! I've secured the bridge! Also, I didn't explode it. Also, please be cautious of my traps on board."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Treat it as a satchel charge.

Additional issues eh? Well, all the gauges and displays are shattered. Everything glass is shattered, actually, including the vacuum tubes in the radio and a half dozen other instruments. You poke around and find that basically nothing more complex than the basic steering and control functions are working. You're gonna need a lot of parts to repair all this...more than your kit can provide. Maybe more than is even on board; you're not really sure.

Team Nazi Hunt

Climb in through the window, climb up the ladder. Knife in hand. If nobody there, use my vantage point to scan ship for enemies.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You climb up and look around. Its hard to do in the dark (Its night, remember) but, well, you don't see any nazis. You see teammates moving about but its quiet otherwise.

Maybe...they're gone?

"Wait, wait. That's pretty damn weird. It's Macedonian, sort of, I think. Knew an immigrant back in New York who spoke a bit. I ain't fluent, but I picked up some stuff. They're saying. . .'Kill he who knows.'? Pretty sure that's correct. 'Sow distrust.', 'Destroy Their Iron Whale.' Maybe they mean the ship? Next two parts, I'm not sure but it sounds like 'Come, Flesh of mine' and 'A Man of Dragons?'" Bob shrugged and listened in a bit longer to see if anything was repeating, then moved on to try the other channels again.
"By the way, I'm not generally a radioman. I've learned a thing or two over the past few weeks, after I got this radio from some Nazis after Normandy. So, might not be able to get this triangulation thing perfectly."

Bob will attempt to tune in to other 888th channels again, and ponder how to+attempt to triangulate the direction radioman might be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The other channels (Specifically those of anyone with a radio and Radio himself) are open and working.

As per triangulating, that would require three points.

Watch the stormclouds below.  Where are they going?  Are there any gaps that can be seen through?  Try and figure out where this mountain is, and if nothing can be divined, start hiking down.

Alice peers up into the fading storm and sees a swirl in the clouds that looks an awful lot like a splattering of brains on the ceiling.
"Well, guess that solved the whatever.
I'm done now."

Go find Simon and get him to a more restful place than in a pile on the ground. Then doze off because it's still night and I didn't actually get much sleep.

Alice grabs Simon the pair of them end up sleeping under a table in the mess hall, since the crew quarters are a bloody nightmare. Alice ends up sharing the dream with Simon.

The stormclouds below are not moving. Well, they're moving but they're not going anywhere. The wind is blowing away from this mountain you're on, but the clouds in that valley are just sort of slowly churning in place. You can't see through the clouds, but you can see some stars in the sky. They're familiar, but a bit off. Maybe east of Europe?

Use the blowtorch and go free those shmucks.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Charlie keeps trying the door.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
[5]
Radio Melts sections of the door strategically until he has freed it enough that the men inside can push it open. Past the door, the other crew berthing area looks a lot like a field hospital; injured men with crude bandages laying in various states of consciousness on tightly clustered beds. There's a Corpsman among the crew, looking very tired and ragged, his uniform stained with blood.  Several men begin talking to you at the same time and about all you can really make out is a combination of thanks and nervous questions about whats going on outside.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 31, 2017, 12:27:28 am »

Oops, thats not the preview button.
Someone else knows my pains. :'(

And yay new turn before the New Year! Happy college next semester, Piece. :D

((Thinking about it, I guess the 'non-crossover' for language rolls makes sense. There's a ton of languages around and dialects, and singular words, and pronunciations. :P))

"Any update on the radios, Bob? Hearing from [Twinwolf's character], it'd be a disappointment that for the first time in the 888th, when we all have radios--they didn't work. Can you issue a message that Bone is okay to the rest if able? We need awareness of the situation too. Also inquire if there's anything a medic like me could do. I still bet there are other crewmen out and about."

Keep tending to the two. Try to find more medikits or medical items for future use, and a pistol I could use, from nearby.
Prioritize medical items though!

Then head over to where [Radio Controlled] mentioned with my medikit and all other medical items.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:08:50 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 31, 2017, 12:47:35 am »

Edit: actually, just regroup in the mess hall. Someone already did my action.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:30:03 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 31, 2017, 01:03:13 am »

"Oh hey, Simon, is that you?"

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 31, 2017, 06:13:20 am »

After helping getting the door open, Charlie turns his attention to the trapped survivors, looking for any mental and spiritual wounds that need healing.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 31, 2017, 01:02:29 pm »

Radioing: "I'm on top of the bridge, no enemies sighted.  I'll keep an eye out, but they may have fled."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 31, 2017, 08:21:06 pm »

((Thinking about it, I guess the 'non-crossover' for language rolls makes sense. There's a ton of languages around and dialects, and singular words, and pronunciations. :P))

"Any update on the radios, Bob? Hearing from [Twinwolf's character], it'd be a disappointment that for the first time in the 888th, when we all have radios--they didn't work. Can you issue a message that Bone is okay to the rest if able? We need awareness of the situation too. Also inquire if there's anything a medic like me could do. I still bet there are other crewmen out and about."

Keep tending to the two. Try to find more medikits or medical items for future use, and a pistol I could use, from nearby.

((Winston, I believe))
"Yep, radios are up. I'll get the message out." Bob took a moment to broadcast out to Radioman and the 2(?) other radios, and spoke, "Radios are back up, and we in the radio room have located General Bone. He's going to be fine. Report in if anyone needs a medic, or some gunpowder based backup."

Send out the message to the other radio holders.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 31, 2017, 09:38:46 pm »

"Huh?  Alice?  Didn't see you there.  We need to get down from this place, it's too high, and we're on the wrong side've the war.  Come on."

Climb down to the edge of the stormclouds, and watch for lightning.  Search for an area that has less lightning going through it, or at least where the lightning's more rare, and start climbing down through the clouds in that area.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1493 on: December 31, 2017, 09:43:46 pm »

"Oh, okay. Sounds good."

Follow Simon, but ponder the possibility of finding an airplane to fly down from here instead.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 01, 2018, 01:11:29 pm »

Several men begin talking to you at the same time and about all you can really make out is a combination of thanks and nervous questions about whats going on outside.

"An unknown enemy boarded our ship. It seems they were here on a sabotage mission of sorts, they had acces to some weird powers and technology. It seems they have left again by now, we managed to get a few but most got out.

I need you to do three things: first make sure all the men in here are stable. I will go inform a medic and tell her to come take a look, so just keep them alive.

Then, everyone not needed for that I want to start on a sweep of the ship, from the back to the front. Looking for stragglers, wounded or broken machinery. Shoot, help or inventorize those respectively. Be careful, they left some boobytraps, if you find any inform Ed, our traps expert."

Then he radios the following over the general channel: "Wounded at the forward berthing area. Any medics not currently busy, please come and lend a hand."

Talk to the men as above: short explanation and instructions.

Then try to contact command (general command, not just from this ship). If the signal is too weak, go check out the radio room and assess whether we could fix it sufficiently to let us get out a message (even if only morse).

If that is also not an option, try to gather the materials we'll need to just boost my own signal.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 02, 2018, 04:08:15 am »

Then he radios the following over the general channel: "Wounded at the forward berthing area. Any medics not currently busy, please come and lend a hand."
Tala radioed an affirmative over Bob's radio, afterwards giving him a request: "Can you look over the General and his bodyguard, please? I'll be back later."

Over the radio in response...
"Got your message, Radioman. Please beware of any other dangers. The unknown enemy must have had a way out, and it is far beyond impossible that it leaves no trace. I'm suspecting U-boats, but that also goes with wolf-tactics; we'd have been sunk if it was merely a sabotage mission."

Added to action.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:09:49 am by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1496 on: January 03, 2018, 01:06:11 pm »

Then head over to where [Radio Controlled] mentioned with my medikit and all other medical items.

Well, there's a medical locker  so I guess you could gather materials from it to get another medkit worth.

That done you head to the rear of the ship and the crew quarters to help with the first aid there.

Edit: actually, just regroup in the mess hall. Someone already did my action.

Done.

After helping getting the door open, Charlie turns his attention to the trapped survivors, looking for any mental and spiritual wounds that need healing.
They're all pretty shook up, so you begin a sermon, speaking to everyone at once. Some ignore it but others seem to be calmed by it. A few just sit down and listen, ignoring everything going on around them.

((Winston, I believe))
"Yep, radios are up. I'll get the message out." Bob took a moment to broadcast out to Radioman and the 2(?) other radios, and spoke, "Radios are back up, and we in the radio room have located General Bone. He's going to be fine. Report in if anyone needs a medic, or some gunpowder based backup."

Send out the message to the other radio holders.

You broadcast the message to all radio holders and tell them to spread it around.

"Oh, okay. Sounds good."

Follow Simon, but ponder the possibility of finding an airplane to fly down from here instead.

"Huh?  Alice?  Didn't see you there.  We need to get down from this place, it's too high, and we're on the wrong side've the war.  Come on."

Climb down to the edge of the stormclouds, and watch for lightning.  Search for an area that has less lightning going through it, or at least where the lightning's more rare, and start climbing down through the clouds in that area.

You both scamper down the mountain, sliding down steep slopes and occasionally crab walking or climbing down the more treacherous areas. As you reach the clouds, you feel something. The clouds are not the misty insubstantial things they should be; they are hard. Not impenetrable but they're like wet concrete, dense and resistant to your touch.

Several men begin talking to you at the same time and about all you can really make out is a combination of thanks and nervous questions about whats going on outside.

"An unknown enemy boarded our ship. It seems they were here on a sabotage mission of sorts, they had acces to some weird powers and technology. It seems they have left again by now, we managed to get a few but most got out.

I need you to do three things: first make sure all the men in here are stable. I will go inform a medic and tell her to come take a look, so just keep them alive.

Then, everyone not needed for that I want to start on a sweep of the ship, from the back to the front. Looking for stragglers, wounded or broken machinery. Shoot, help or inventorize those respectively. Be careful, they left some boobytraps, if you find any inform Ed, our traps expert."

Talk to the men as above: short explanation and instructions.

Then try to contact command (general command, not just from this ship). If the signal is too weak, go check out the radio room and assess whether we could fix it sufficiently to let us get out a message (even if only morse).

If that is also not an option, try to gather the materials we'll need to just boost my own signal.

You give the crew their orders before returning to the deck to try and contact general command. The signal is pretty bad so you use the radio room's antennas to boost it. Eventually, after a few minutes of fine tuning, you get a good enough reception to let them know about your situation. They seem dubious on certain aspects of it, especially considering your unit, but report that they're sending aid ships.

Ok, so you guys have basically got this shit done. The only thing left to do would either be to try and repair the ship yourselves or just wait for aid. Or you can continue to sweep the ship or make any security checks you think are needed.  In any case, let me know because I'm ready to give some level ups and move to the next mission.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 03, 2018, 01:22:07 pm »

((For those who are still new to this: this is the part where we start taking apart the ship in a mad dash for loot and goodies.  :P ))

Start taking apart sweeping the ship in a mad dash organized search for loot and goodies useful items to requisition.

But seriously, I'm good to go.

"Sir, Command has been informed of our situation, and help is on the way. I think we can rest easy now, at least until the brass chew us out for letting this happen in the first place."

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:17:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1498 on: January 03, 2018, 03:41:11 pm »

((I'm gonna pick the get on with it option here. No looting, hit anyone who doesn't get to the stasis pods with a bat.))

"Huh. Hey, think we could stand on these clouds?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 03, 2018, 05:41:20 pm »

Sweep ship for enemies and cool knives/Thompson magazines and move on. Let Ed disarm his traps.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:51:02 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 228