Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467138 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1470 on: December 24, 2017, 09:26:26 am »

How many, if any, nades did I manage to scrounge?

Unless Ed wants to try and disable the trap himself, try to gain access to the room in another way. Perhaps climb up that ladder again from before and try to smash/shoot my way through the window (or maybe through the already smashed one)? Unless that seems likely to set of the 'splosives, of course. Ed is on the case, so instead go scrounger for a cutting torch and reflect on that strange radio signal and what the lady was saying.

The radioman jogs of to go inform the resident trapmaster of what he saw.
"Sir, main entryway to the bridge is trapped. Some sort of explosive I assume, seems pretty sizable. I think we can circumvent it by going through the window though, or perhaps slice our way in from another angle. Would you like to take a look at it before I have a go at it myself?"

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Two, judging by order of posts.

[3] You're not really sure what was said but you think the language is Romanian?

[4] You don't find a real cutting torch but you do find a blow torch.  The flame is less hot and less directed, not as effective at heating metal as a cutting torch, but it might work given some time.

Tala would've jumped at the approach of another man--if she wasn't used to being surprised. She made a subtle movement with her weapon as she was unsure why anyone else would disturb her and Bob.

After a while a man in a crewman's uniform wielding an SMG walks in and asks if there's anything you want the rest of the crew to do. He sees Bone and asks if he's gonna make it.

As the situation was relaxed, she always kept her rifle at the ready in case anything abrupt would occur.

"They'll make it. Ensure we do too--expunge the Nazis, get to your post, make a headcount, alongside get a list of the ship's roster--we need names, identities, and otherwise. Please organize the people in the Mess Hall that way. Find the other crewmen and ascertain their identity. We have enough people in the Mess Hall to ensure the safety of all on board.

"Those are your orders. Please do not disturb us; they need quiet and peace, and thank you for your work,"
she said, nonchalantly sounding on edge at the idea of Nazis on an Allied ship, with all that had happened.

"Bob, any luck with the radio? If there's nothing clear--at least try to check for areas that are transmitting. Radios can do that, in the least with our medium and current condition," she says later on.

Continue tending to Bone and the bodyguard, keeping on edge and at the ready the use of her rifle in case any saboteur or spy (or even that guy with a nice SMG) points that at the wounded. Aim to maim, not to kill--for interrogation purposes if I have ever to shoot it. Even in close range, this would create some disorientation.

Also, thanks to Bob/Strider03's action, try to listen in and comprehend what's being said on radio.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

The man in the crew uniform is one you recognize from the engine room. And no, he doesn't point his gun at Bone. He just nods and then sort of wanders off towards the officer mess in a sort of aimless patrol.

[2] You have no clue whats being said on the radio. You don't even recognize the language.

... second flashlight get! How ... useful. I'm marking it in my inventory.

Ed will then go to the bridge, climb in through the broken window (the one the big guy smashed), and disarm the trap. Check for other traps before I blow myself to hell accidentally.

"Sir, main entryway to the bridge is trapped. Some sort of explosive I assume, seems pretty sizable. I think we can circumvent it by going through the window though, or perhaps slice our way in from another angle. Would you like to take a look at it before I have a go at it myself?"

"Well, yeah, that sounds good. I mean, not like my second flashlight here is helping me get these guys out.

Hey guys, I'll be back in a bit. hang tight, or try to get free if you can. To be honest, you are probably safer staying in there. But who wants to live forever, anyway?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
[5]  You climb through the broken window and crouch down next to the trap. You spend a few minutes examining the trap before simply using a wire snip to cut the connection between the door and the bomb. Nothing explodes, so you consider the disarming a success.

Well, better fire a few more shots! Giant ghost ladies probably have a bit of an HP pool.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You fire several more shots. 5 specifically, in the vague direction of the giant lady. There's no ghostly shrieking or shimmering images of giant women or anything. There's only a fading storm and you, shivering in the cold, with ringing ears and a smoking pistol.

"Hey! Man! Before you go, name, rank, the whole shebang. We're in a situation here, so best to make sure everyone's accounted for." Bob called this out, waving his pistol in the man's general direction, safety on, and never pointed directly at the guy. Just the ground in front of him.

"Anyway, Tala, got some broad on here, not speaking English, maybe orders? Probably ain't French either. Wanna take a listen, and see if there's anything you recognize?"

Be ready to shoot the guy who wandered in. If Tala doesn't recognize the language here, Bob will try to determine areas that might be transmitting, as instructed.

The man gives you a rank and number with a degree of annoyance. You don't actually know the information of any of the crew men around here, but the stuff he tells you sounds reasonable. His name is Clarence, apparently.

[3] The language is Macedonian for the most part, with bits of Latin thrown in. Its an old dialect of the language, difficult to understand.  You get the following from it.
"Kill he who knows."
"Sow distrust."
"Destroy Their Iron Whale."
"Come, Flesh of mine"
"A Man of Dragons?"

As well as mumbling phrases that sound like the woman talking to herself about being hungry and about someone stealing her dinner.

Team Nazi Hunt

"If nobody objects, I'm going in through the windows."

Climb in through windows, giving the box a wide berth.
Go upstairs, gun at the ready. If I cannot go upstairs from the bridge, back away and keep searching.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
  The control room is the highest room on this tower, but there's a ladder in the corner that goes up onto the roof with its various antennae and such.

Hmm.  Last I posted, Simon was following Ed around, guarding him.  It'd be reasonable to assume he kept following Ed... but I'm gonna go with the more amusing option and assume he drunkenly fell asleep somewhere along the way.

Dream.

You dream of standing atop a mountain, with storm clouds rolling like a gray sea below. The Sky is bright blue above you even while lightning crackles through the storm below.

Charlie pathetically drops to the floor with a moan. EDIT(Already grounded): Stays on the ground, moaning "It hertz!" periodically.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
IT HERTZ!  IT HERTZ WITH A NUMBER EQUAL TO THE SPEED OF LIGHT DIVIDED BY WAVELENGTH!

Continue guarding Mess Hall unless asked by Tala or another teamate to help.

You stand against the wall and rest your gun on one shoulder, semi-bored.

Make my way to the guy who shot himself in the foot. Heal said foot.

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
[5]
You shove some morphine into the man to make him stop screaming about units of frequency and then bandage up his foot. He's basically as good as new when you're done with him.

The storm has basically completely abated at this point, vanishing into nothing more than a cold wind, a light rain, and some dark clouds somewhere above in an already dark night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 24, 2017, 10:13:45 am »

((ooooh, Bob/Strider03 got a 5 on the Language, thanks to his +2!))
Tala listened in on the radio through the static, assuming several European dialects she was familiar with.

"It's either too hazy or it's something else. Either of that--I can't understand what's being out of it. If you got anything, that'd be great to redirect my knowledge to. That said, got any info on triangulation? We need eyes with that Radioman. If the storm is artificial or natural, there's a waxing and waning period; I hope everyone is alright, because the only other room we did not visit is the navigation room.

"Can you try 888th channels again?"

She waved away the other soldier with another grateful thank you as she awaited Bob's response.

Continue taking care of Bone and the Bodyguard.

Now knowing (from Bob/Strider03) that the language is Macedonian, try parsing in that language.

((I wonder how deep language mechanics go. Hopefully this can be tried, but with a negative modifier if the initial roll failed?))

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:26:03 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: December 24, 2017, 12:29:41 pm »

Additional explosive get! I'm marking it in my inventory.

Ed examines the control room for additional issues, and attempts to locate the communications systems - both the shipwide system, and whatever might be used to transmit information beyond the ship. He'll test any radio he finds, attempting to contact Radio and the others. Whatever comms he gets working, he'll use (even if it's just shouting out the broken window). Hmm. may as well also use my vantage point to visually scan the ship for hostiles. report any I find.

"Good news, everyone! I've secured the bridge! Also, I didn't explode it. Also, please be cautious of my traps on board."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 24, 2017, 03:18:25 pm »

Team Nazi Hunt

Climb in through the window, climb up the ladder. Knife in hand. If nobody there, use my vantage point to scan ship for enemies.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1474 on: December 24, 2017, 07:33:07 pm »

Alice peers up into the fading storm and sees a swirl in the clouds that looks an awful lot like a splattering of brains on the ceiling.
"Well, guess that solved the whatever.
I'm done now."

Go find Simon and get him to a more restful place than in a pile on the ground. Then doze off because it's still night and I didn't actually get much sleep.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: December 24, 2017, 07:35:37 pm »

"Should I take someone and check out the navigation room?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 24, 2017, 08:51:14 pm »

"Wait, wait. That's pretty damn weird. It's Macedonian, sort of, I think. Knew an immigrant back in New York who spoke a bit. I ain't fluent, but I picked up some stuff. They're saying. . .'Kill he who knows.'? Pretty sure that's correct. 'Sow distrust.', 'Destroy Their Iron Whale.' Maybe they mean the ship? Next two parts, I'm not sure but it sounds like 'Come, Flesh of mine' and 'A Man of Dragons?'" Bob shrugged and listened in a bit longer to see if anything was repeating, then moved on to try the other channels again.
"By the way, I'm not generally a radioman. I've learned a thing or two over the past few weeks, after I got this radio from some Nazis after Normandy. So, might not be able to get this triangulation thing perfectly."

Bob will attempt to tune in to other 888th channels again, and ponder how to+attempt to triangulate the direction radioman might be.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 25, 2017, 02:24:49 am »

"Wait, wait. That's pretty damn weird. It's Macedonian, sort of, I think. Knew an immigrant back in New York who spoke a bit. I ain't fluent, but I picked up some stuff. They're saying. . .'Kill he who knows.'? Pretty sure that's correct. 'Sow distrust.', 'Destroy Their Iron Whale.' Maybe they mean the ship? Next two parts, I'm not sure but it sounds like 'Come, Flesh of mine' and 'A Man of Dragons?'"
"Any start is a good one. I can handle the two here; get word out to the rest of the 888th--code in Macedonian, especially that Radioman."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1478 on: December 25, 2017, 09:08:17 pm »

Merry Christmas,  888th!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 25, 2017, 10:04:30 pm »

((Is Santa coming with presents? :D ))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 25, 2017, 11:26:37 pm »

((Those presents better not be bombs! Also, Merry Christmas all!))
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 26, 2017, 05:54:26 am »

Charlie keeps trying the door.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 26, 2017, 08:17:01 am »

Use the blowtorch and go free those shmucks.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 26, 2017, 06:53:26 pm »

Watch the stormclouds below.  Where are they going?  Are there any gaps that can be seen through?  Try and figure out where this mountain is, and if nothing can be divined, start hiking down.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1484 on: December 30, 2017, 11:55:10 pm »

Oops, thats not the preview button.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 228