Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467610 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1305 on: November 23, 2017, 01:01:56 pm »

Team Boiler Cluster

"Well, this is strange. I'm going to check if there is anything under the stones, cover me."

Use entrenching tool to see what is under the stones, starting with the stones nearest the blood on the walls.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:39:29 pm by Tavik Toth »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 23, 2017, 02:53:21 pm »

Team Boiler Cluster

Provide light for Spencer, keep an eye out for movement.

"I'll keep watch. Take care not to hit anyone. They may still be alive. not that it looks like it..."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 23, 2017, 09:33:30 pm »

You start speaking to the group of men in the sort of casual slang- with unspoken cultural understanding behind it -that only natives or the extremely well versed could easily respond to. You go person by person in the group and come to one conclusion: They are all spies. Every single one of them responded with a sort of forced, stilted casualness. Like an adult attempting to speak the lingo of children. When you spoke of a secure area they were all eager to know where it was and how many people were there and how it was defended.

At this point I'm not sure how you would respond knowing that there's a cadre of spies so I'm gonna just have you wait and we'll see.
((I must have rolled TWO ones...Hum!))

As Tala returned to the crew area (that boiler room?) after the Mess Hall, she mulled over her thoughts and pondered on the many things she had just said. What if they misinterpreted? Maybe it was the tension? The area that was secure was pretty much the Mess Hall, and it was connected to vital areas of the ship in that many hallways passed by it, but it was open and if the doorways were breached, that would be a quick conundrum if someone would throw a grenade in, but there was also the counter-issue of all those tables and chairs blocking the shrapnel.

But maybe it was their tension that made them sound very off. Joan would usually tell her that sometimes she spoke at a different level than others, and it was important to note that.

And, she probably didn't know these people better than the other older veterans. So she decided the best course of action was to leave these possible spies, which she still felt ambivalent on (what with their lack of detail as to where they came from, how they got there, and how they got armed with weapons), to the Mess Hall Command Center.

"Get to the Mess Hall. A few guards are there." she said to the six men in the boiler room. "And get flashlights. Then return to the boiler room. We need to protect these sections from sabotage. I'll come with you. Everyone else, head to the rear of the ship. We need to check on the General."

Order those 6 NPCs to the Mess Hall, and go along with them while subtly doing the clicker code that Bohring said.

Check around for some holy book or other mental+ item and use it on the NPCs, then after seeing if they're alright, head back to boiler room to go along with the team. If the NPCs are not alright, stick with them instead and try to ease their tension.

Also ask where they came from and how they got armed before we found them in that room.

If there is added time, as a last action this turn, ask if I can do a medical checkup if they are all okay.

Everyone else that was in my team, get ordered to go with Strider03 (because that was our goal, if those folks don't post. :P)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 23, 2017, 10:07:38 pm »

((I'm just going to assume that Bob went off ahead of the people who gave the rundown to those in the messhall, fool that Bob is. Though, maybe they would have caught up after he got his hand unstuck.))

"Aw, shit. That's not good. I'm guessing either someone doesn't want us in there, or something that's sure as hell not going to be fun is occupying the place." Bob muttered to himself, and possibly to those who may have arrived behind him. He then inspected the door without touching it, to see if there was an excess of frost in any location, and whether there were any cracks that he might be able to peek through.

Bob relays the fact that he got stuck to the door to the people who may or may not arrive behind him, then inspects the door for higher concentrations of frost, and cracks or keyholes that he might be able to peek through, even if they might currently be filled with ice.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 24, 2017, 09:12:08 am »

"Good Idea, Radio. but you should take a couple guys with you. I really don't want any of us wandering off alone."

upon hearing Simon shooting into space:
"Simon?"

Drag Simon back into the mess hall. Gently remove his weapon from him, so as to keep him from shooting everyone.

When everyone who is going to the mess hall this turn arrives, give this little speech:

"Alright, things really are weird. No one run off alone: only move about in squads of no less than three. When approaching any location, use the clicker code: three clicks, then one, to signify that you are a friendly. Do not shoot until you know there is a threat and you have a clear shot. no point killing each other or breaking something important.

I need three teams: one to go with The Radio to the radio room, one group to man a spotlight, and one group to get the boat into the water: I've found something down there. May be nothing, may be something important. I'd like to check it out. And Everyone Report in here at the mess hall regularly! Let us know where you are going specifically, and once you've explored that location, return here, since we have no good communications otherwise. mmm. If the clicker can reach the distance, use Morse on your clicker to relay information instead.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1310 on: November 25, 2017, 11:02:36 am »

yoi fuckko gimme a dream that's not hot trash eh idiot

OK

His trip to the bridge derailed by important business, Smith stops to render what aid he can. Do my best to fix this guy up.

((Remember guys, there are sound powered telephones in every compartment on a WWII destroyer! You can't talk to every compartment, but you can contact the bridge, CIC, main engineering, DC central, etc, etc. Additionally there are voice tubes between the bridge and several critical battle stations (both are used since voice tubes are more reliable, and less likely to fail due to battle damage, but sound powered telephones are smaller and easier to install).))

[5]
You do what you can for the man with the supplies you have, doing your best to stabilize him. Luckily the shots look like clean through and throughs so you don't do much more than plug up the holes, stop the bleeding, bandage everything and put him on enough morphine to dull the pain but stay conscious. You're not sure if he'll make it, but he'll live for a while longer at least.

Here's my application for a Louisiana trouble-making good-ole-boy. I don't suppose he could get a harmonica to start with?

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
I suppose a harmonica isn't too much to ask.

You spawn in the mess hall.

Charlie carefully makes his way around the catwalk and down the stairs. The hailstones make a lot of noise along the way.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
Team Boiler Cluster

"Well, this is strange. I'm going to check if there is anything under the stones, cover me."

Use entrenching tool to see what is under the stones, starting with the stones nearest the blood on the walls.

Team Boiler Cluster

Provide light for Spencer, keep an eye out for movement.

"I'll keep watch. Take care not to hit anyone. They may still be alive. not that it looks like it..."

You make your way down to the ground level, or at least as close as possible. The stones are not a good surface to walk on and they're so large and piled so high that moving through them is like shoving your way through bowling balls. The only effective way you can manage is to literally lay down and sort of crawl across them. You move over to the splatter of blood and find at least one of the crewmembers that would normally be working down here. You can only identify him by his uniform; his body is nothing but red paste.

radio ain't gonna work.
Damn straight.

"It's no use, no radio comms possible. It's the weird interference, nothing's getting through. We'll have to do it manually. Is anyone in the bridge right now? I'll go check it out, if you don't mind."

Goto: bridge edition. Examine the fuck out of it.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You head up the same way Smith went and walk straight past him and the man he's bandaging up.  Rather than go the "right" way around you decide to just climb up to the second story of the bridge tower, avoiding the normal route in case of ambushes. You pull yourself up on the right side of the bridge and peek in through the windows. There are men inside. Germans. They're dressed in dark gray uniforms that, looking at them, look a lot more like cold weather gear than anything else. They're soft of big and thick, with gloves and balaclavas and unreflective goggles. They're wearing sleek black helmets with a strange design embossed on the part over the forehead, and they're carrying rifles. Not the lighting rifles, but not normal ones either; they're silenced and their magazines look oversized and custom. In the back of the cluster of soldiers is another man who appears to be completely naked, though you can only see his head and part of his torso through the group. He's a good 7 feet tall, massively muscled, with a head like a rounded cinder block  and a huge black mustache and slicked back black hair.  His age is hard to tell, but he's graying at the temples. You notice that his breath comes out as a plume of mist, unlike everyone else.

There are bodies on the ground; crew men and soldiers. No one you recognize very well.

One of the Germans is listening to a backpack mounted radio with headphones. You can vaguely hear a very deep but somehow feminine voice coming from it,

"Dammit! The radio system doesn't work. I guess I shall go and check the situation in the Mess Hall by myself..." Thought Hans. Pulling out his machine gun, he's on his way to the Mess Hall.

Go to the Mess Hall

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)

You go to the mess hall

You start speaking to the group of men in the sort of casual slang- with unspoken cultural understanding behind it -that only natives or the extremely well versed could easily respond to. You go person by person in the group and come to one conclusion: They are all spies. Every single one of them responded with a sort of forced, stilted casualness. Like an adult attempting to speak the lingo of children. When you spoke of a secure area they were all eager to know where it was and how many people were there and how it was defended.

At this point I'm not sure how you would respond knowing that there's a cadre of spies so I'm gonna just have you wait and we'll see.
((I must have rolled TWO ones...Hum!))

As Tala returned to the crew area (that boiler room?) after the Mess Hall, she mulled over her thoughts and pondered on the many things she had just said. What if they misinterpreted? Maybe it was the tension? The area that was secure was pretty much the Mess Hall, and it was connected to vital areas of the ship in that many hallways passed by it, but it was open and if the doorways were breached, that would be a quick conundrum if someone would throw a grenade in, but there was also the counter-issue of all those tables and chairs blocking the shrapnel.

But maybe it was their tension that made them sound very off. Joan would usually tell her that sometimes she spoke at a different level than others, and it was important to note that.

And, she probably didn't know these people better than the other older veterans. So she decided the best course of action was to leave these possible spies, which she still felt ambivalent on (what with their lack of detail as to where they came from, how they got there, and how they got armed with weapons), to the Mess Hall Command Center.

"Get to the Mess Hall. A few guards are there." she said to the six men in the boiler room. "And get flashlights. Then return to the boiler room. We need to protect these sections from sabotage. I'll come with you. Everyone else, head to the rear of the ship. We need to check on the General."

Order those 6 NPCs to the Mess Hall, and go along with them while subtly doing the clicker code that Bohring said.

Check around for some holy book or other mental+ item and use it on the NPCs, then after seeing if they're alright, head back to boiler room to go along with the team. If the NPCs are not alright, stick with them instead and try to ease their tension.

Also ask where they came from and how they got armed before we found them in that room.

If there is added time, as a last action this turn, ask if I can do a medical checkup if they are all okay.

Everyone else that was in my team, get ordered to go with Strider03 (because that was our goal, if those folks don't post. :P)

You take all of them back to the mess hall. They seem to have calmed down sufficiently by the time you get back there, perhaps being surrounded by other armed men helps with their confidence. They tell you that they're crew members of the boat, workers from the boilers and engine room. They found the guns or got them from bodies.

"Good Idea, Radio. but you should take a couple guys with you. I really don't want any of us wandering off alone."

upon hearing Simon shooting into space:
"Simon?"

Drag Simon back into the mess hall. Gently remove his weapon from him, so as to keep him from shooting everyone.

When everyone who is going to the mess hall this turn arrives, give this little speech:

"Alright, things really are weird. No one run off alone: only move about in squads of no less than three. When approaching any location, use the clicker code: three clicks, then one, to signify that you are a friendly. Do not shoot until you know there is a threat and you have a clear shot. no point killing each other or breaking something important.

I need three teams: one to go with The Radio to the radio room, one group to man a spotlight, and one group to get the boat into the water: I've found something down there. May be nothing, may be something important. I'd like to check it out. And Everyone Report in here at the mess hall regularly! Let us know where you are going specifically, and once you've explored that location, return here, since we have no good communications otherwise. mmm. If the clicker can reach the distance, use Morse on your clicker to relay information instead.

You drag, disarm, and speechify.

((I'm just going to assume that Bob went off ahead of the people who gave the rundown to those in the messhall, fool that Bob is. Though, maybe they would have caught up after he got his hand unstuck.))

"Aw, shit. That's not good. I'm guessing either someone doesn't want us in there, or something that's sure as hell not going to be fun is occupying the place." Bob muttered to himself, and possibly to those who may have arrived behind him. He then inspected the door without touching it, to see if there was an excess of frost in any location, and whether there were any cracks that he might be able to peek through.

Bob relays the fact that he got stuck to the door to the people who may or may not arrive behind him, then inspects the door for higher concentrations of frost, and cracks or keyholes that he might be able to peek through, even if they might currently be filled with ice.

You check the door over, poking at it gently with one finger. Its cold all over but coldest around the handle. There's no key holes or helpful peeping areas, sadly.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 25, 2017, 11:30:32 am »

If made aware of the situation on the bridge, Ed will go up like Radio did, place bombs on the outside of the bridge - one on either side - and get back a safe distance before detonating said bombs. Or, you know, set a timer for long enough to get to a safe distance.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 25, 2017, 11:44:12 am »

Duck a little lower to avoid being spotted, then try to tune in to the frequency that they're listening to and use my language skills to try and decipher what I'm hearing. Unless only their backpack radio is strong enough to pick it up, which seems likely. In which case, maybe I can hear what the German woman is saying if I listen closely?

Then, whether or not this succeeds, move back to the mess hall and report, making sure to do that clicker stuff or whatever so I don't end up as friendly target practice.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:52:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 25, 2017, 12:26:40 pm »

Charlie gets out his entrenching tool. First digging himself a path out, he then returns and digs out what remains of the unfortunates who were paste-ified here.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 25, 2017, 03:02:01 pm »

Smith quietly talks to the guy he rescued "There, I have you all patched up, now lets get you to the mess hall. You are going to be perfectly fine."

Try to move the rescued sailor to the mess hall. If radio (or anyone else) comes by, draft him to help.

(The mess hall on most destroyers doubled as the "hospital" IIRC, so there should be a locker with better supplies there, not to mention it being out of the weather.)

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 25, 2017, 03:54:02 pm »

A previously inconspicuous pile of pans in a corner of the Mess Hall begins to vibrate. A chiseled man that looks like he just crawled out of a gambling den rises out of the cookware. "Gol-lee damn, my head hurtin' something fierce. We goin' on killing some Nazi cocksuckers?" Damien brushes his pants off and scoops his shotgun out from under a tray.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:57 pm »

Team Boiler Cluster

Scan boiler room with flashlight. If there's nothing else of note, exit the room. Scan the area for enemies and allies. If we run into any allies, check in with them and exchange reports of where we've found bodies, any signs of enemy, etc.

"We can go check in with the others. Let's head back and meet up."

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 25, 2017, 06:05:25 pm »

Sit next to Alice, draw on her face with my pen, assuming it is a ballpoint and not a fountain pen. Watch over the mess hall, rifle at the ready to take action if anything goes awry.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 25, 2017, 09:38:48 pm »

If informed, go help with the bridge. Confirm wounded guy is stable.

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 25, 2017, 10:01:34 pm »

Tend to the wounded and, if Radio Controlled gets here and gives his report, ask the NPCs for aid alongside gathering up the others for a strike attack on the bridge.

If he isn't back and we don't have a report from topside, get to the boiler room and check around for anything I can help with. Otherwise stay guarding the others, tend to their wounds, pep-talk their mental health.

Oh, also do ask more to the NPCs! What bodies--where did they find them, how were they not attacked, what did they experience before they found those bodies, and any distinguishing features of whoever they saw attacked?

As she saw the men relax and feel relieved, Tala doubted herself if they were actually spies--she had a lot of self-doubt despite her own erring confidence, thanks to the help of other nice people, who sadly were not around other than the new nice people in the Mess Hall.

"I'm guessing we're waiting here until another one of the away squads gets back with a report. We've around two as I recall? One going topside, the other in the boiler room area going for the rear radios."

Tala then saw a guy with a harmonica that she didn't recall was earlier present, but he seemed like a right ol' chap, much like the other right ol' chaps of her team. And British. Or American.

"Hey, could you play a tune for the nerves here? Doubt anyone outside the Mess Hall would hear though."

Sit next to Alice, draw on her face with my pen, assuming it is a ballpoint and not a fountain pen. Watch over the mess hall, rifle at the ready to take action if anything goes awry.
Tala spotted someone doing something to another resting person.

"Unless you're helping on alert, now isn't the time to goof off."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 10:05:04 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 228