Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467900 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Hellfire Club
« Reply #930 on: October 22, 2017, 09:30:52 am »

Plane for me.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Hellfire Club
« Reply #931 on: October 22, 2017, 10:14:49 am »

Grab anything even remotely paperlike that's not already looted; check all the drawers, pulling them all the way out to check behind/under; grab anything interesting/hidden.
  Then, if space permits, loot the Nazi and bring him back too.  Then load in and get out of here!

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #932 on: October 23, 2017, 06:06:50 am »

Bob gets to the plane.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #933 on: October 23, 2017, 08:49:08 am »

That went exactly as expected. Exactly.

Loot the Luger (it killed a Nazi boss, after all.), loot the papers on his desk, and then carry the file cabinet (with help, preferably) to the plane as well. Do a cursory examination of the room for additional hidden bits, like a safe or something. If nothing presents itself, I'm ready to leave.

Do I just remove the +1 to life from the helmet bonus? is my helmet gone now? I don't know how that works.

I wonder how much glory Edward is gonna walk away from this mission with. I wonder ... mision aint over until an officer is yelling at us back at HQ, so there's still time for ... accidents.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
(Remove helmet)
Grab anything even remotely paperlike that's not already looted; check all the drawers, pulling them all the way out to check behind/under; grab anything interesting/hidden.
  Then, if space permits, loot the Nazi and bring him back too.  Then load in and get out of here!

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
Edward and Jack don't play around. Together they remove everything from the office. First they carry out the File cabinet, which is locked. Then the desk and everything on it. Then the nazi (though Ed pockets the lugar for himself). They strip the room bare and load it all onto the plane.

Bob gets to the plane.

Plane for me.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)

Seems like everyone else gets in the plane as well, without bothering to offer the two men loading valuable intel  a hand.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 23, 2017, 09:51:55 am »

Seems like everyone else gets in the plane as well, without bothering to offer the two men loading valuable intel  a hand.

That's okay. Gives Ed the Objective Trifecta: Primary mover in accomplishing all three objectives.
And also an assload of glory, right? right?

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 23, 2017, 10:19:46 am »

Charlie silently wanders back into the land of the living, the breathing, and the plane-boarding.

Is it too late for me to wander back in? RL river swept me away.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 23, 2017, 10:31:34 am »

Time to fly. Not into any aa guns.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:19:54 pm by Egan_BW »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 24, 2017, 04:49:28 am »

look around the cockpit for a flight manual read it and relay any useful info about the plane to Alice while sitting in the copilots seat

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 24, 2017, 05:25:06 am »

Charlie silently wanders back into the land of the living, the breathing, and the plane-boarding.

Last seen, august 4. Hanging out at the south east corner of the base.

Right there by the munitions buildings.

The munitions buildings which just exploded, taking out half the countryside

I note that that was your last forum post on Bay 12 before this one, so welcome back, I guess?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 24, 2017, 06:00:32 am »

Just sit in the plane and inspect the new guns, I guess.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 24, 2017, 06:48:38 am »

Last seen, august 4. Hanging out at the south east corner of the base.

Right there by the munitions buildings.

The munitions buildings which just exploded, taking out half the countryside

I note that that was your last forum post on Bay 12 before this one, so welcome back, I guess?

Thanks! Having read through the rest of the thread before suddenly reappearing, It seems fairly obvious to me that if PW is in the mood, he could easily find a completely satisfactory explanation for my death. Even if I auto-followed the group, I could have gotten taken out by the gasoline conflagration or any number of other things.

Never hurts to ask, I guess?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 24, 2017, 07:13:12 am »

Eh, PW's usually chill about that kind of thing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #942 on: October 24, 2017, 08:48:38 am »

Its fine, just don't expect much if any glory for wandering into a corner of the woods and then standing there.

look around the cockpit for a flight manual read it and relay any useful info about the plane to Alice while sitting in the copilots seat

You find a little beige pamphlet in a language you don't understand. There are images in it that make you think its not a plane manual.

Just sit in the plane and inspect the new guns, I guess.

They remind you of salt crystals, all overlapping squares and rectangles. The trigger isn't even a normal trigger, its a little square button of sorts. The ammo seems to load straight into a compartment on the top, one round at a time.  The rounds themselves are weird things, smooth and made of metal where as the gun is made of something you can't place. The rounds have no cartridge, they're just big metal needles, serrated and the tip is like some combination between thick ice pick and drill bit. This thing would probably not penetrate worth a damn but getting it OUT of someone would be a nightmare.

Time to fly. Not into any aa guns.

You get someone to close the rear hatch again and then take off. You go a little more traditional this time rather than defying physics and riding lightning straight up. You bring the plane around in a long bank and head west rather than messing with any of the AA guns in the other directions. You contact bone and let him know whats going on, and he puts you on with a navigator. Together you guide the plane back across enemy lines. You notice as you fly that not only does that constant crackle of electricity continue, but that the clouds seem drawn to the plane, always covering you if you're anywhere near them. Strange.

Very strange.

ALRIGHT I'm gonna call this mission done!

For your debrief, please list out the things you have done that you haven't been awarded GLORY for during the mission. Even just stuff you helped with. I have a pretty good idea of who gets GLORY but I don't wanna forget anyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 24, 2017, 09:19:32 am »

I've had the plane I was flying explode due entirely to other people's incompetence, wore a shrub on my head as camo, looked at the base through binoculars, was the first to get spotted by a Nazi, looted some "important" nazi "intel" off of his corpse after someone else stabbed him to death, got shot in the torso, stole a very interesting experimental nazi stealth plane all by myself, kept in communication with the team and the base via radio whenever possible, protected the majority of the team from the munitions building going up by being in the air, and brought everyone home.
Yay Alice!

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 24, 2017, 10:53:30 am »

I suppose the mission ending means it's too late to:

I don't expect any glory. Instead, grab the Nazi uniform off of the dead guy that Edward got the Luger from and he and Jack loaded onto the plane. They didn't hide him, and a dead Nazi commander would be somewhat hard to miss.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:30:30 am by dustywayfarer »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 228