Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468124 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #960 on: October 25, 2017, 07:26:03 am »

Things Simon already got Glory for:
  • Threw Ed out of the plane (+20 Glory!)
  • Shot a pair of Nazis (+10 Glory!)
Things Simon did, but didn't get Glory for yet:
  • Stole a truck which was used to rescue most of the Team and the children.
  • Looted some important-looking Nazi documents ("anything that looks like it might be useful like inventories, troop movement diagrams, and other overarching information").
  • Looted a pair of fancy Nazi guns
  • Managed to remain entirely uninjured throughout the entire mission, unlike everyone else.  Prolly won't get Glory, I just want to brag.
Go get that oversized machine gun back from Ed, unless he wants to trade his knife for it (Oz?).  Simon could use a knife.  Edit: If I'm allowed to keep the Nazi guns, give one to Ed in trade for his knife.

I also vote for Joan getting extra Glory.  I'm unsure if she got some for the sheer badassery of comandeering an AA gun and tanking a grenade to the face, but even if so, she deserves some more for herding cats.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 25, 2017, 07:48:10 am »

"No harm, Charlie, no harm. Look, I'm a little testy right now is all, I got exploded three times today. Three! And more than one building tried to kill me, at that.

My knife, Simon?"

Edward pulls out his knife and looks at it, wiping any remaining blood from the blade.

"I'm afraid I am probably not much good with a machine gun, but you may have the knife. I killed a guy with it today, but without you I wouldn't have had the chance.
I might be interested in one of those fancy Nazi guns you got there though, if you're feeling generous.

Hey! How are those kids back there! I haven't checked on them since we loaded them up. They still alive?"

Ed'll let Simon have the knife, though it's the only weapon he feels confident with, really. Besides the explosives, of course. He's offering the knife and machine gun back, and requesting one of the looted guns. He'll hang onto the machine gun if Simon feels overloaded with weaponry though.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 25, 2017, 09:14:24 am »

• Managed to remain entirely uninjured throughout the entire mission, unlike everyone else.  Prolly won't get Glory, I just want to brag.

You're not the only one. Not only did I remain uninjured, I never fired a single round, seeing as I saw no nazis after stealth was blown... Not getting shot due to seeing no nazis is a lot less impressive than seeing nazis and not getting shot though.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #964 on: October 25, 2017, 10:37:36 am »

Working on the stuff for GLORY. Will be ready tomorrow.

Training for boosting stats and skills costs 100 times whatever the bonus you're getting is and you have to buy each level in order to get So getting to +3 will cost a total 600 GLORY.

Promotions will be giving specific gear and sometimes active bonuses.

Medals will grant passive bonuses.

I'm poking around on them now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 25, 2017, 06:54:24 pm »

(Quote)
I think KHH deserves a fair chunk of glory for Yarrick being a super valuable teammate who helped out a lot with actions throughout the mission. Also Joe Nix. And syv, naturally, but I am sure he can report his own stellar deeds.
(/quote)

I apresciate the praise but I didn't do that much I snuck into the base set an explosive charge on the fuel tanks and helped steal a truck after that I go blown up along with everyone else , helped load the truck and plane, survived a teammates 'help' , and was shown an interesting magazine. I dint even shoot anyone this time.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 25, 2017, 08:31:58 pm »

Jack's Deeds:

Set off the bomb in the plane at the beginning
Guard duty
Looted map and set of papers from the main area of the HQ
Assisted with looting literally everything from the head office, including the dead leader
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 25, 2017, 08:52:23 pm »

"I should get a purple heart. No! TWO purple hearts! A shelf fell on me, and I got hit in the knee by a doorknob. Hey, it really hurt." - Edward jokes -rather tastelessly, I am sure- with the team on the ride home.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 25, 2017, 10:31:16 pm »

Charlie shrugs meaningfully, spreading his hands to express sympathy for Ed's nerves, regret for not being in the same position, and a slight twinge of envy.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 25, 2017, 10:35:01 pm »

"I should get a purple heart. No! TWO purple hearts! A shelf fell on me, and I got hit in the knee by a doorknob. Hey, it really hurt." - Edward jokes -rather tastelessly, I am sure- with the team on the ride home.
The rest of the team that are still crispy? I'm sure that will go over well  :)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 25, 2017, 10:51:17 pm »

"Hey, someone punch Ed for me. My hands are full."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 25, 2017, 10:53:59 pm »

Hey wait, I need to start drawing up a new character, don't I? This sounds like a tomorrow thing. My brain is telling me that that's a 'tomorrow' thing.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 26, 2017, 04:38:12 am »

"Hey, someone punch Ed for me. My hands are full."

Anybody want to roll for me before PW gets back? My char has -1 to Strength, so Ed's not in any danger.

Charlie walks over to Ed and, greatly exaggerating every movement, winds up and gives Ed his best 3 inch punch.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 26, 2017, 06:56:14 am »

Hey wait, I need to start drawing up a new character, don't I? This sounds like a tomorrow thing. My brain is telling me that that's a 'tomorrow' thing.
Unless you want to copy/paste your old stats and write up a new backstory.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 26, 2017, 09:33:39 am »

Anybody want to roll for me before PW gets back? My char has -1 to Strength, so Ed's not in any danger.

Charlie walks over to Ed and, greatly exaggerating every movement, winds up and gives Ed his best 3 inch punch.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
My dice are happy to help~
[3 - 1]
Your exaggerated windup actually manages to make your punch even weaker, as it comes from an awkward angle and just kinda scrapes past Ed's face. How embarrassing.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 228