Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468434 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #585 on: August 06, 2017, 06:26:23 am »

"Got it. Try to find a door." Bob whispered to the group, simultaneously making a gesture to show his intent to any who might not hear him.

Bob pulls out his pistol, and begins to skirt around the outside of the building, searching for an entrance, and trying to stay out of sight of anyone he spots.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #586 on: August 06, 2017, 06:10:26 pm »

"Stay on your toes. I've got a feeling things are gonna go to hell real quick."

Equipping the M1 Garand. Wait for the actual frontliners (as in, those who are better at actual shooting with non-specialty weapons) to move up, give them support if they get seen and things go loud, otherwise follow after.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 06, 2017, 08:55:28 pm »

Edited my action to perhaps ready people a bit mooore.
But unsure if I can actually request rolls. x3

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 07, 2017, 02:33:11 am »

"I have a shotgun, so I shall be in the front of the group. It's preferable that we stay undetected, but everything could happen." Zack whispered to his teammates while preparing his trusty shotgun.

Stealthily move ahead, trying to find an entrance into the building. Also, prepare to shoot the enemy who detects me or anyone else in the group.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 07, 2017, 12:14:09 pm »

Leave them alone.  There's little use in taking the motor pool right now, and we don't want to get in a fight with the garrison; head directly East, and try to make it to that oddly shaped building just after the motor pool.  Same process; check for an entrance (including any first floor window) on the South side, then West, then East.

And drag Yarrick along if KHH doesn't post.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 08, 2017, 12:09:57 am »

Gus wakes from his coma and begins to make his way to Charlie and the rest of the group.

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #591 on: August 12, 2017, 12:48:54 pm »

Does using the first aid kit once consume it, or can it be used repeatedly?

Provide overwatch, and be ready to react to any shooting.
Overwatching is hard with all this smoke. Especially when the target is so far away. But...well....you give it a shot. Not literally of course. Not yet.

Aim my pistol at one of the enemies, but don't fire unless hey spot us or some other idiot shoots.

You carefully lean round the tree just enough to sight your pistol in on the nearest soldier. And then you wait, biding your time, as the soldier furrows his brow and looks around with a perplexed expression.

Try whistling discreetly, lure hopefully just one of the soldiers over to my position, then subdue him.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
[6] You whistle at the three soldiers and certainly get their attention. All three spin round and level their rifles into a firing position. However, none of them fire; they just sort of sweep the muzzles back and forth across the darkness, almost as though they hope the gun will find the source of the whistling for them.

Memorize the positions and distances between buildings. Stay low and hidden. Await further developments.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

You memorize the buildings around you. To the north and east are AA and flack guns as well as search lights. There's some kind of supply depot to the north east, what look like munition buildings to the South east, Fuel supplies to the South west, and some other building just beyond the fuel supply. To the north west there are two buildings you can't quite make out  all the way and cannot guess the nature of.

Gus wakes from his coma and begins to make his way to Charlie and the rest of the group.

As it turns out, your coma was more of a Fugue stage and you actually were walking to charlie this whole time! You reach him right now and its very convienent for everyone involved.

Leave them alone.  There's little use in taking the motor pool right now, and we don't want to get in a fight with the garrison; head directly East, and try to make it to that oddly shaped building just after the motor pool.  Same process; check for an entrance (including any first floor window) on the South side, then West, then East.

And drag Yarrick along if KHH doesn't post.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
Both Simon and Yarrick head east over to the "Oddly shaped building". The building is a fuel depot of sorts, two huge tanks of fuel connected by a metal latice that contains and supports large pipes. These pipe extend from the tanks and eventually lead down to nozzles and hoses used to fill fuel trucks that then refill the planes. Its not the sort of thing you can get into; get onto maybe but not get into. However, an explosive here would probably be just wonderful in terms of property damage.

Quote from: Please check the MAP for who is doing what
> Bob is providing overwatch fire in case anyone gets spotted or messes up
> Smith is doing the same, but with Joe Nix
> Joe NIX plans and is going to try to subdue and gain one person's attention by...whistling, out of the several soldiers nearby
> Joe Polnik//Joe, or Papaj, should seriously post his sheet spoiler when he posts too. He's now with my group (Joan) so I guess he spent his turn?

> Jack Worter and the rest are pretty much with me, the others it seems are providing overwatch or dealing with their own situations?
"Check the timing of others here. Killing anyone is the last priority. Quickly check the buildings, we're going to signal each other by gestures but anything concealing us like the airbase crew would help. We should stick together; gather up anyone else who got separated. Use handsignals and gestures, everyone. We lack any conical flashlights for signals, but the fire seems to be taking most of the heat off. It's going to illuminate the area though."

Go and check the building our group is adjacent to; time our approach so we won't be spotted.

"If in doubt, someone can scamper off and make some noise to distract. But let's search quickly and quietly, together. Keep your weapons in check. Resort to quiet methods in taking down anyone if need be.

"Also we should focus on a building at a time. Children won't be kept hidden away without obvious guard. I've seen a few from back there search for vehicles so we're okay with this. I just hope the others are, too. That being said, I'd like you all to listen to me. I'll be mentioning phrases you can mention, to the children if anyone finds them."

Also Language/Knowledge teaching rolls, for helping teaching people what to say in case we meet children who most likely can't speak English. Common phrases like "We're here to help" and "Please keep quiet" or "Talk to the lady [matching Joan's appearance]" among the many other concise ideas to help out.
Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
[Hidden] Joan provides several  phrases for the soldiers with her to speak to native children, should they find any.

That done...

"I have a shotgun, so I shall be in the front of the group. It's preferable that we stay undetected, but everything could happen." Zack whispered to his teammates while preparing his trusty shotgun.

Stealthily move ahead, trying to find an entrance into the building. Also, prepare to shoot the enemy who detects me or anyone else in the group.
"Stay on your toes. I've got a feeling things are gonna go to hell real quick."

Equipping the M1 Garand. Wait for the actual frontliners (as in, those who are better at actual shooting with non-specialty weapons) to move up, give them support if they get seen and things go loud, otherwise follow after.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
"Got it. Try to find a door." Bob whispered to the group, simultaneously making a gesture to show his intent to any who might not hear him.

Bob pulls out his pistol, and begins to skirt around the outside of the building, searching for an entrance, and trying to stay out of sight of anyone he spots.

Hide behind Joan. Try to see if there's any way to sneak into the hanger without being seen.

Joan's group moves quietly round the north side of the building. Just a bit further north of them they see several small buildings: recreation room, toilets and showers, and three long metal barracks. Luckily for them the barracks and area around them are almost completely deserted: Every solider is running elsewhere to fight fires and search for soliders. They get around to the corner of the storage building and look around. There's a pair of AA guns directly west of them, still swiveling and searching the skies. The men manning the guns don't seem to have noticed the group; they're too focused on their task.  Directly south they can see another battery of AA guns and a single soldier who is groggily jogging south.

The supply building has a big double set of metal doors to let vehicles in and out, and a single normal door to let people in. The single door has a padlock on a latch keeping it shut, while the other doors do not look locked...at least not obviously. However, opening those giant doors even a little might draw attention.

The Soldiers near Joe Nix stop looking around and instead fan out and start advancing forward into the dark, searching.

To the north, the sirens can still be heard, though very distant. The fire is getting worse, its light becoming brighter and closer. The entire western hill is burning and the base is now lit with a constant rain of dull red embers blowing in from across the river. They come in like burning snow flakes and accumulate on the ground, staining everything sooty black.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 12, 2017, 01:09:38 pm »

(ummm...i thought that i was already with you guys...)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 12, 2017, 01:12:40 pm »

Keep aiming at the soldiers. Don't fire unless I have to or things get loud anyway.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 12, 2017, 02:16:05 pm »

Can i see the doors to the munitions buildings? Either look unlocked/open? I expect not, since, you know, ... munitions.
is the ladder to the hangar roof on the east side of the SE corner, or on the south side?
Stay low and hidden. Await further developments.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: memorized (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #595 on: August 12, 2017, 04:44:15 pm »

Go Southwest into the hangar, after making sure the soldier to the south isn't looking my way. Get Joan to tell me the frequency for her radio, so I can call it once I hijack a plane.

Use tools to break the lock on the door. Don't follow everyone else in; I'm headed to the hanger. And get Joan's radio frequency.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:29:49 am by Egan_BW »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 12, 2017, 04:55:23 pm »

Back away from the searching soldiers at the same pace they're going, then once they're far enough away from the base, circle around them and sneak inside.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 12, 2017, 08:43:05 pm »

Climb the tanks and plant an satchel charge on top where no one will see it. Then follow Simon.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 12, 2017, 08:45:49 pm »

You realize that in WWII satchel charges are NOT remotely detonated? They used a fuse, or maybe wire and a clacker depending on the situation.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 12, 2017, 09:07:13 pm »

As milo said---we don't have remote-detonation devices. We need to coordinate before we blow things up.

I didn't realize that watching these people would be this hard....
If I can identify enemies from this distance, then stay put. If not, move up to where I can. Quiet-like.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 228