Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468369 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #570 on: July 30, 2017, 01:55:08 am »

Be in the front of the group, then creep towards the base.
If someone tries to shoot me, drop on the ground ASAP.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 30, 2017, 08:20:42 am »

"I guess we take 'em while they're distracted with the fire." In the dark, no one could see him smirking about this.
Keep with the group, pushing forward, eyes peeled for movement or enemies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #572 on: July 30, 2017, 08:30:07 am »

Continue to approach the base. Stay towards the back a bit - they might be distracted, but Winston has one of the bigger guns so him getting sniped would probably be bad.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 31, 2017, 04:28:49 am »

Please automate or post for me, Twinwolf or others who can RP Joan well. Plan is to provide close support or overseeing the battle (coordination with all forces), and stick with other snipers.

Reason is due to current storm. Bad internet; no power.

Joan mentioned all she could notice to those around her (letting everyone know of what piecewise wrote in her part),

"They're distracted; quickly, move near the base perimeter. We need people taking front, and people providing overwatch for us. Quick and silent advance, people."

Move in, quickly and silently. Analyze and proceed along the path where we'd least likely be spotted.

Try to mark out which building would be best in holding captives or other prisoners designated specifically for kids. (Knowledge roll?) And tell everyone else that if successful.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 04, 2017, 03:56:58 pm »

Charlie struggles out of the pack, and swims with the current, not trying to fight it, but using it to reach the other side of the river.

I think it's reasonable to assume that the knife and pistol are worn at Charlie's waist. Upon a successful roll, everything else including the mags goes down /w the pack.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #575 on: August 05, 2017, 01:05:59 pm »

Bob pulls out the first aid kit and patches himself up a bit.

+1 Life.

Wait for the others, I will bring up the rear of any forward move.

Try and make some sort of noise, lure an investigating enemy soldier out near me. Subdue him stealthily if he gets close.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
[Camo:1] Joe sits and thinks for a long, hard moment about what kind of noise he could use to draw the attention of one of the soldiers currently scrambling around the base. He suddenly realizes the perfect sound! He goes to fire a gun straight up into the air but remembers, sadly, that all he has is a flame thrower.  Greatly saddened, he decides to do the next best thing and just hurls his entrenching tool across the grassy expanse and into the side of the nearest building. It clangs loudly against the wall and then the concerete floor. 

The base is not quiet, between the shouting and the sirens and the distant crackle of flames, but the sound of steel banging repeatedly against concrete is enough to draw the attention of several soldiers, who come over to investigate. Three of them stop and gather around the shovel, looking at it with abject confusion and then looking around, trying to puzzle out how it got to where it is.

Is the smoke obscuring vision within the base? Earlier, when I landed on the northern side of the hangar, I could see the barracks and a couple AA buildings, but you said everything else was hazy and hard to see. So is the northwest portion of the base obscured? Is the smoke continuing toward me? If so, I need to get a scarf around my nose (or a gas mask).

If the smoke is not obscuring the northwest corner, I want to carefully turn back and see if I can make out what the buildings in that area are.
Otherwise, I'll carefully head toward the ladder in the southeast, remaining in the shadows of the ridges of the roof as well as I am able. I won't descend yet, Just getting ready to move when the opportunity arises.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
The smoke has gotten denser, so currently anything darkened isn't visible, at least from your current position. You turn your head back round and look to the north west. You can see a few buildings and men moving, but not anything more than a hundred or so feet away. So you you crawl over to the ladder and perch yourself in the corner.

Charlie struggles out of the pack, and swims with the current, not trying to fight it, but using it to reach the other side of the river.

I think it's reasonable to assume that the knife and pistol are worn at Charlie's waist. Upon a successful roll, everything else including the mags goes down /w the pack.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
In a desperate attempt to free yourself from the river, you throw off your pack. Freed from its weight, you manage to make it to the other side, but lose everything save for your knife and pistol. Oh, and your holy symbol that you wear by a chain around your neck. You come up on the shore just to the east of Joe Nix and his tag along; outside the base perimeter but not by much.

"Huh. There's someone of the roof of the hanger, one of ours."

Keep following Joan and hiding under my shrub.

Please automate or post for me, Twinwolf or others who can RP Joan well. Plan is to provide close support or overseeing the battle (coordination with all forces), and stick with other snipers.

Reason is due to current storm. Bad internet; no power.

Joan mentioned all she could notice to those around her (letting everyone know of what piecewise wrote in her part),

"They're distracted; quickly, move near the base perimeter. We need people taking front, and people providing overwatch for us. Quick and silent advance, people."

Move in, quickly and silently. Analyze and proceed along the path where we'd least likely be spotted.

Try to mark out which building would be best in holding captives or other prisoners designated specifically for kids. (Knowledge roll?) And tell everyone else that if successful.

Keep with the group creeping in.  Don't get seen.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
"I guess we take 'em while they're distracted with the fire." In the dark, no one could see him smirking about this.
Keep with the group, pushing forward, eyes peeled for movement or enemies.

Continue to approach the base. Stay towards the back a bit - they might be distracted, but Winston has one of the bigger guns so him getting sniped would probably be bad.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Be in the front of the group, then creep towards the base.
If someone tries to shoot me, drop on the ground ASAP.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)

Joan, Alice, Jack, Robert M, Zack and Winston travel in one giant cluster, following Joan's instructions  until they reach the very edge of the base and find themselves standing with their backs pressed against a large metal building. Judging by the sturdy but also inexpensive construction of the building- all corrogated metal painted a dull red with lots of metal boxes and drums near it- Joan has decided it is probably a supply depot. And, as such, that it is a prime location to keep a bunch of captured children tied up or caged.

Advance as quickly as possible while remaining unseen towards the nearest building, the southwestern one.  Look for an entrance on the south side, then the western one, and peek in.  Wave for Yarrick to follow.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
You and Yarrick, who seems mostly unresponsive, move as quick and quiet as possible through the dark and haze over to the corner of the building. There's no entrance on the south side so you crane your neck and look around the corner of the building. The west face of the building is made up of two large sliding metal doors, both of which are open. Inside the building you can see a half dozen field vehicles, Kübelwagens and Opel blitz trucks mostly. Must be the motor pool.  There's no one in the building at the moment, but you can hear the thumping of boots coming down the alley between this building and the hanger to the north.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 05, 2017, 01:10:18 pm »

Does using the first aid kit once consume it, or can it be used repeatedly?

Provide overwatch, and be ready to react to any shooting.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2017, 01:12:27 pm »

Aim my pistol at one of the enemies, but don't fire unless hey spot us or some other idiot shoots.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 05, 2017, 05:23:41 pm »

Try whistling discreetly, lure hopefully just one of the soldiers over to my position, then subdue him.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 05, 2017, 05:26:54 pm »

Go back down the hill and regroup with the others
Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:48:10 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #580 on: August 05, 2017, 08:12:49 pm »

Go and meet up with others,and then go with them

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)

Joe Joins up with Joan's increasing clump of guns and angry marine flesh.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 05, 2017, 09:51:49 pm »

"What's the plan here?  Just sneak around until we find the target?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 05, 2017, 10:12:05 pm »

Quote from: Please check the MAP for who is doing what
> Bob is providing overwatch fire in case anyone gets spotted or messes up
> Smith is doing the same, but with Joe Nix
> Joe NIX plans and is going to try to subdue and gain one person's attention by...whistling, out of the several soldiers nearby
> Joe Polnik//Joe, or Papaj, should seriously post his sheet spoiler when he posts too. He's now with my group (Joan) so I guess he spent his turn?

> Jack Worter and the rest are pretty much with me, the others it seems are providing overwatch or dealing with their own situations?
"Check the timing of others here. Killing anyone is the last priority. Quickly check the buildings, we're going to signal each other by gestures but anything concealing us like the airbase crew would help. We should stick together; gather up anyone else who got separated. Use handsignals and gestures, everyone. We lack any conical flashlights for signals, but the fire seems to be taking most of the heat off. It's going to illuminate the area though."

Go and check the building our group is adjacent to; time our approach so we won't be spotted.

"If in doubt, someone can scamper off and make some noise to distract. But let's search quickly and quietly, together. Keep your weapons in check. Resort to quiet methods in taking down anyone if need be.

"Also we should focus on a building at a time. Children won't be kept hidden away without obvious guard. I've seen a few from back there search for vehicles so we're okay with this. I just hope the others are, too. That being said, I'd like you all to listen to me. I'll be mentioning phrases you can mention, to the children if anyone finds them."

Also Language/Knowledge teaching rolls, for helping teaching people what to say in case we meet children who most likely can't speak English. Common phrases like "We're here to help" and "Please keep quiet" or "Talk to the lady [matching Joan's appearance]" among the many other concise ideas to help out.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:57:22 pm by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #583 on: August 06, 2017, 02:39:33 am »

Hide behind Joan. Try to see if there's any way to sneak into the hanger without being seen.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 06, 2017, 05:00:43 am »

Memorize the positions and distances between buildings. Stay low and hidden. Await further developments.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 228