Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468809 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #555 on: July 23, 2017, 02:18:13 pm »

Run up the forest to the higher hill and try to not get shot meanwhile

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:38:44 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 23, 2017, 06:50:22 pm »

Move to a building that looks important pistol and knife ready. Stay slow and hidden.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 23, 2017, 06:51:35 pm »

@PaPaj: Character sheet?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 24, 2017, 08:12:24 pm »

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Taking a moment to plan, Charlie takes out his cross and prays silently. Wearing the cross and bracing himself for the coming effort, Charlie carefully makes his way some distance upstream and silently slips into the river, angling his route in such a way that the sweep and speed of the current in the bend will leave him near the opposite shore.
If Charlie's pack and holy book aren't both at least partly water resistant, he leaves the book on a rock above the water line.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #559 on: July 24, 2017, 09:52:12 pm »

Approach the base, slowly and cautiously. Stick with Zack I guess?

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #560 on: July 29, 2017, 02:37:26 pm »

"I'd prefer getting out of here by plane... I hope there's one here that can carry everyone. Joan, you have binoculars, right?"

Borrow Joan's binoculars and look down at the base. Can I see the planes from here? Are there any large enough to extract the whole team?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Alice looks out at the base through the binos, scanning what she can see of the place. There are more lights starting to come on now, search lights and ground lights, and she can see the large numbers of soldiers scurrying out towards the fires in the west. She can also see two important things: First she can see what she's pretty sure is the Airstrip's hanger, off to the south side of the base. And second, atop that hanger, she can see one of her teammates. She can't tell who it is, because of the way they are laying and the great distance between them, but that black uniform is unmistakable.  She judges that, by the size of the hanger, there might be a plane in there that can handle everyone...or at least most of the team. They might need to break into two groups. Assuming, of course, there is a plane of the right size in there; a big hanger need not mean big planes inside it.

"I'd prefer getting out of here by plane... I hope there's one here that can carry everyone. Joan, you have binoculars, right?"
"I've got them and more; check the surroundings, I'd like to ensure that we're not the only ones whose jump has gone awry. Hopefully the others jumped from the plane...and not landed somewhere worse. I'll try giving them a signal through the glare of my scope--the light is near perfect from this angle up hill.

"If we can't do anything from here, we have to move up."

"{TEAM} Anyone who can hear me, proceed with the operation. Get to the perimeter. I believe we can mask any sound from our weapons with what's going on near the base."

Check in or near the base area through the scope of my sniper rifle; quick sweep, don't want anyone seeing any glint from my scope even for a small time.

Wish I got a handlight, or at least a focused/signal flashlight, instead of buying a radio, exactly for these Morse-ish matters. :P

Otherwise, move me and Alice forward, to the best location we can ascertain for any exits or vehicles, ready to provide support fire.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Joan sweeps the area around the base with her rifle scope, as quick and as careful as she can. She sights Joe and Charlie, and Ed, as well as gets a good lay of the land. The area around the base lacks the same heavy forest as the hills, instead it has a sparse number of tall pines. However, the soldiers down there seem pretty distracted at the moment so a quick, silent advance might prove viable for getting into the base undetected.

Joan and Alice advance quickly making their way down to the edge of the heavily forested area and stopping there for the moment. They can't see any planes from here, but they can see several vehicles, mostly 4 seat jeep like vehicles, sitting around in the base and a rough dirt road leading south out of the base.

Creep towards the base, keep hands free for hand to hand combat.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
Joe Nix takes advantage of the moment and creeps into the base, mostly jogging there in a crouched, half run, half hands and feet skuttle. He makes it straight up to the south edge of the base and huddles down behind a tree. He can see, via careful peeking, the huge numbers of soldiers on the base. Many of them are headed in his direction, though not toward him specifically. They still seem unaware of his existance.

Looking around for convenient bushes and similar bits of cover, Bob manufactures himself a short-term hide, good for concealing him from in-depth scrutiny from the base, even after the sun comes up.

[4] You, using mostly sticks and branches, weave together an effective blind. Its only really effective from the front but that should be enough for now. You set it up and get behind it.

Edward looks around the hangar roof for any hatches or windows or ladders. If he finds none (and he expects to find none) he will attempt to move slowly toward the east end of the hangar, using the smoke and noise as cover for his actions. He'll also attempt to look toward the south end of the complex if he's close enough to the crest of the hangar roof for that. If he does find some built in means of getting off the roof, he'll head that way instead. Carefully!

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You bring your head up just enough to look around, scanning this side of the roof for a good hatch or something similiar. The closest thing you can see is a vent maybe 20 or 30 feet away. But it looks secured in place and more than likely would just be a straight drop into the hanger.  So you instead you carefully turn yourself around and crawl south east till you crest the top of the hanger and get a view out to the south.  To the south you can see two large buildings which, judging from their sturdy concrete construction, are munitions buildings. A bit more to the south west are two other buildings: one is a fuel station with two huge metal tanks of fuel connected by a central pump station. The other is what you assume is the motor pool. From your position here you can see that there is a single ladder off the roof, right at the southeast corner of the building.

Head twords the base as quietly as possible, try not to get too close or ahead of the others.

You move in and end up next to Joe nix, hiding behind a tree near his.

"What can you see?"

Keep moving slowly forward.  Drag people here with me, and collect people as I go.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
"Good to have some more folks around."

Bob follows with Joan, Alice, and Jack, keeping an eye out behind them and on the flanks to catch any enemies or allies who mya come from those directions.

Carefully sneak towards the base and prepare my shotgun if someone spots me.
When I near the base's perimeter, lay down and stay hidden in the grass.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Approach the base, slowly and cautiously. Stick with Zack I guess?

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Both Jack and Robert follow Joan and Alice. On the way they try to  grab Bob but he resists their efforts and continues to hide. Zack and Winston, making their own way toward the base, end up finding Joan's group by total accident but follow it in since they're on the same route.

Move to a building that looks important pistol and knife ready. Stay slow and hidden.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Simon turns to Yarrick, speaking very slowly and quietly.  "We're going to that Southeastern building.  There aren't many Nazis around there, and we have the best chance of linking back up with the team from there.  Crawl a distance behind me, very slowly and quietly.  If I get seen, freeze, they probably won't get you too.  Whatever you do, don't fire that pistol unless you need to to save your life.  And keep a smoke loaded in your overcompensator there, if we both get found, we'll need the cover."

Start crawling towards the base, slow and careful.  Head towards the Southeasternmost building,

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
Simon and Yarrick move in together, crawling slowly and silently across the grass, their bodies nothing more than a patch of dirt in the grass. They make it up to the edge of the base; they see both Joe and Smith, but make no effort to get their attention.

Run up the forest to the higher hill and try to not get shot meanwhile

You get quite far up the hill and disappear into the trees.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Taking a moment to plan, Charlie takes out his cross and prays silently. Wearing the cross and bracing himself for the coming effort, Charlie carefully makes his way some distance upstream and silently slips into the river, angling his route in such a way that the sweep and speed of the current in the bend will leave him near the opposite shore.
If Charlie's pack and holy book aren't both at least partly water resistant, he leaves the book on a rock above the water line.
The pack is water resistantant and the book is, quite thoughtfully, printed on thin plastic pages that are both quite resistant to damage and tearing as well as water and even flame to a degree.  So,  you make your way upstream a bit and then, after some time psyching yourself up, dive in.  You swim as best you can but [1] the river's current is strong and you aren't. You find yourself struggling just to stay above the water, let alone make it to the other side. The force of the current seems to be pulling your legs out from under you, making keeping your head up or swimming forward extremely difficult.

The fire is spreading rapidly. It has already engulfed almost the entire western hill, and transformed the horizon into a vision of hell. The trees, striped already of their leaves, are multitudinous black pillars lost in a violent sea of flame. But that hill is safely behind the river; it is the flames to the north which are the true problem. The fire there is smaller but nothing is preventing it from spreading down straight into the base and consuming everything. Smoke from both fires has filled the sky and finally rendered on distance viewing impossible; all that can be seen in that pea soup haze is the bright distant masses of fire and the fingers of searchlights, along with dozens of other bright sparks and lights down in the base. Everyone can hear, however, the sound of a fire siren moving from somewhere in the base out towards the north.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 29, 2017, 02:41:27 pm »

Bob pulls out the first aid kit and patches himself up a bit.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 29, 2017, 03:14:57 pm »

Wait for the others, I will bring up the rear of any forward move.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 29, 2017, 03:28:36 pm »

Is the smoke obscuring vision within the base? Earlier, when I landed on the northern side of the hangar, I could see the barracks and a couple AA buildings, but you said everything else was hazy and hard to see. So is the northwest portion of the base obscured? Is the smoke continuing toward me? If so, I need to get a scarf around my nose (or a gas mask).

If the smoke is not obscuring the northwest corner, I want to carefully turn back and see if I can make out what the buildings in that area are.
Otherwise, I'll carefully head toward the ladder in the southeast, remaining in the shadows of the ridges of the roof as well as I am able. I won't descend yet, Just getting ready to move when the opportunity arises.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 29, 2017, 03:42:08 pm »

Go and meet up with others,and then go with them

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:12:04 pm by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #565 on: July 29, 2017, 05:22:24 pm »

"Huh. There's someone of the roof of the hanger, one of ours."

Keep following Joan and hiding under my shrub.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 29, 2017, 08:01:04 pm »

Try and make some sort of noise, lure an investigating enemy soldier out near me. Subdue him stealthily if he gets close.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #567 on: July 29, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »

Is the smoke obscuring vision within the base? Earlier, when I landed on the northern side of the hangar, I could see the barracks and a couple AA buildings, but you said everything else was hazy and hard to see. So is the northwest portion of the base obscured? Is the smoke continuing toward me? If so, I need to get a scarf around my nose (or a gas mask).

If the smoke is not obscuring the northwest corner, I want to carefully turn back and see if I can make out what the buildings in that area are.
Otherwise, I'll carefully head toward the ladder in the southeast, remaining in the shadows of the ridges of the roof as well as I am able. I won't descend yet, Just getting ready to move when the opportunity arises.

The black is effectively the "Cone of vision" of everyone combined. You can't see much behind you because you're facing south. Changing directions or looking other ways can change that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 29, 2017, 10:55:02 pm »

Keep with the group creeping in.  Don't get seen.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:06:20 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 30, 2017, 01:04:58 am »

Advance as quickly as possible while remaining unseen towards the nearest building, the southwestern one.  Look for an entrance on the south side, then the western one, and peek in.  Wave for Yarrick to follow.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 228