Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468439 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #540 on: July 16, 2017, 01:38:10 pm »

Bob begins to slowly (to let others catch up hopefully) descend down the hill towards the main base, staying behind trees when he can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 16, 2017, 05:24:56 pm »

"Let's move in."

Cautiously move toward base.  Head in the Joe Nix direction, not that I really know they are there.  Drag people here with me, and collect people as I go.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 16, 2017, 09:21:29 pm »

Hold position and wait for the others to catch up.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #543 on: July 22, 2017, 06:06:24 pm »

Ever the practical man, Bob chokes down his rations, quick like, to prepare for the coming battle. He then proceeds to the nearest elevated position from which he can shoot down at the base, should that become a necessity.
+2 physical heal.  You scarf your rations and then look around. Hmm...you're already high up on this hill overlooking the base and you've got some trees for cover. This about as protected as you can be. You decide to just settle in here.

Continue trying to get Ramses out of the tree, then head twords the drop zone looking for other wounded.

Actually, on second thought Ramses' controller hasn't posted since before mission start. Head twords Joe Nix.

[1 Speed] You head towards Joe nix at a sprint but in the darkness and the increasingly thick smoke coming in from the fires, you get lost in the woods. You finally crest the hill and look around a good while later, somewhere farther south than you intended.

Stay with Joan, hopefully up to the crest of the hill.

Radio that we're moving with the operation.
Move with Alice forward, to a better position that's nearer to the base.

If possible, camouflage ourselves. But priority goes to tending to any wounded I meet along the way (Prioritizing better aid kits and rations to heal off stats)

"Thanks Alice; seen anyone else? That separated us badly; there were people back on the plane before I jumped. Let's proceed."
Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

((I'll put 'aside' paragraphs at the bottom of my post as that seems best to remove partsErr, it seems like those squares represent a large swath of land that we can easily cover, and/or that airbase is pretty small (or at least the good size of usual airbases, meaning one main runway and just a few other portions) that someone could go over and free me. Yay!
You are freed by Alice and immediately get on your radio. Now, something I don't think people have understood is that literally no one except you has a radio. You can't contact them because they don't have a radio
Sorry, I was assuming x.x Thanks for clarifying this. Also I'm thankful for having been found :3 I wasn't complaining if it was something, too. It's more that I forgot the format of radio protocol in small squads as ours, and only my mistake.

I also do, doubly hope, that if ever someone gets in the base, they can attune any radio to the frequency I'm on and we can communicate that way, as I guess given this distance, it's best to sniper support.

Unless the dark green isn't the highest elevation on the map that easily sees the base.
Also I removed a -1 to my Physical as it seems I mistakenly copied that from previous posts and only saw the mistake now.

Our first casualty, to note. :<
[Camo 2,6]
Joan attempts to Camoflague herself but finds the dirt here to dry to mud herself up and lacks any specilized tools in the absence of local materials. Alice simply tears a small hedge out of the soil and plants it firmly on her head like a complete loony.  The two shuffle off, with Alice rustling like a moose running through dried leaves. Together they make it to the top of the hill, near Jack. They have a view of the base from here, though it is obcured by blinding flames and smoke. Entire valley is filling with clouds of embers and the smell would be pleasant if it weren't so chokingly overwhelming.

Joe Goes for the hills,wondering if Ed will come out fine

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
[Know:2] Hmm...is it better to just run for the trees or try to sneak slowly? Joe considers this dilema and finds no good answer. So he plays rock paper scisscors with himself to decide. After the 9th tie he discovers his problem and flips a nearby stone. The stone tells him to go slowly, so he does. The slow going requires no extertion or test of skill, but leaves him in the open for much longer.

He reaches the edge of the forest on the hill.

Get my parachute bundled up before it gives me away! Cut it loose if it threatens to pull me off the building.

Edit #2: I don't want to get rid of my parachute if i can avoid it, since I might need the strings to get me down off the roof. Only cut it away if necessary.
Also, once that is done, if i have any action time left, observe the movement of the people below, discreetly.

Edit: Can you mark the AA guns for me? Are they the 2x2 squares?

P.S. I am fully aware that I have no radio or other means of communication with the team.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
[dex:4]
You scoop your chute up and bundle it away before it can alert anyone to your position. Or...If they're alerted they don't say anything.  You watch as the people come from the barraks. There's a huge number of them, or at least it feels huge when you're sitting here, alone and obvious, on the roof of a building. Luckily the dark plus your black and green camo give you some cover. If you press yourself down against one of the large ridges in the tin roof, you can blend into the shadow it casts fairly well.

The men are running south, some into buildings, some just over in that direction. Some carry their weapons, others seem to be unarmed and might be crew of one kind or another. The night watch is running around with their flashlights on, shouting in german at each other and the men.

Piecewise, thank you for your mercy. I am now scared of what will happen in the future.

Taking a brief moment for self-assessment, Charlie hides his chute in the underbrush and surreptitiously looking around, avoids the beginnings of a small forest fire by circling the base in a counterclockwise direction, towards the river.

Check self/surroundings, hide chute, and sneak to the bank of the river NE from current pos., keeping an eye out for any sign of friend or foe.

Note: It seems unclear which side of the river Simon and Yarick are on.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
(simon and Yarrick are on the north side of the river, the side nearest the base. )

You look around. There are no soldiers here or anyone shooting at you but you are right on the edge of the forest fire. You feel extremely exposed here, lit up as you are, and being so near the flame is like staring into the face of hell itself. The heat crawls palpably across your skin and the contrast between the dark night and the fire renders you blinking and blinded to both light and shadow.

You run off into the night, through the trees, crouching and hiding as you go. You make it to the bend in the river to the North East. The river is not a massive one, but it is fast flowing and a good 100 feet or more across. Crossing it under your own power will be difficult and probably result in you ending up downstream a bit. These Germans should have bridges around, but they're more than likely guarded and now swarming with Nazi troopers.

Simon watches, disbelieving, as the tank hunter who landed near him breaks his own concealment and rushes over to Simon in order to add to his already flawless disguise.

Understandably, Simon slaps the man upside the head as soon as he gets close enough.  Then he holds his finger to his lips and points to the base just to their north.  He offers his spare pistol to the man and then start creeping over towards the base.

Slap Yarrick hard if he gets within range.  Then give him the C96, and carefully crawl to the edge of the river bank.  Examine the base through binoculars; are people watching for enemies on this side?  Or have they realized that the true danger is to the north?

Edit: Also, do I get glory for (maybe) saving Oz by throwing him out of the plane?

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
(I addressed the GLORY you got from it later in the thread)

You slap Yarrick with a stern and sarcastically worded response and then give him Your Mauser before crawling up to the edge of the river bank. The base is swarming with people but they seem somewhat disorganized; the night watch is up and ready but the majority of men were asleep and are now piling out into the night bleary eyed and foggy headed. From your perspective you can see a good number are heading towards a building near the airstrip. [Language: 2] The building has a large paint stenciled sign of "Feuerkontrolle" on its front, but you're not sure what it means.  Some are running north, towards the control tower, and others are running south to the aircraft hanger. A few seem to be running straight west towards the fire, but they're slowing as the reach the edge of the base.

Move to Joe Nix's position, then silently sneak towards the base.

((Sorry for not posting, I thought this game got abandoned for a while...))

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Hold position and wait for the others to catch up.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Zack moves towards where he thinks he saw Joe Nix land and instead finds Winston hanging out. The two join up.

Crawl over to Simon and if he doesn't see anyone then start moving towards the base carefully pistol and knife ready

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

You Nudge Simon and ask if he sees anyone in the base. He gives you a very exasperated look.

Get out of this damned tree.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

You manage to cut yourself free and land...well its not graceful but you don't break your spine on a root or something so its a good enough landing for you.

Bob begins to slowly (to let others catch up hopefully) descend down the hill towards the main base, staying behind trees when he can.

"Let's move in."

Cautiously move toward base.  Head in the Joe Nix direction, not that I really know they are there.  Drag people here with me, and collect people as I go.

Robert and Jack link up together before then linking up with the nearby Joan and Alice. They don't get very far towards the base, but at least they've all formed up and are together now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #544 on: July 22, 2017, 06:13:40 pm »

Spoiler: Overworld map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Base map (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 22, 2017, 06:43:44 pm »

"I'd prefer getting out of here by plane... I hope there's one here that can carry everyone. Joan, you have binoculars, right?"

Borrow Joan's binoculars and look down at the base. Can I see the planes from here? Are there any large enough to extract the whole team?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 22, 2017, 06:53:35 pm »

Creep towards the base, keep hands free for hand to hand combat.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 22, 2017, 07:05:37 pm »

Looking around for convenient bushes and similar bits of cover, Bob manufactures himself a short-term hide, good for concealing him from in-depth scrutiny from the base, even after the sun comes up.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:15:43 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #548 on: July 22, 2017, 07:14:40 pm »

Edward looks around the hangar roof for any hatches or windows or ladders. If he finds none (and he expects to find none) he will attempt to move slowly toward the east end of the hangar, using the smoke and noise as cover for his actions. He'll also attempt to look toward the south end of the complex if he's close enough to the crest of the hangar roof for that. If he does find some built in means of getting off the roof, he'll head that way instead. Carefully!

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 22, 2017, 07:16:07 pm »

Head twords the base as quietly as possible, try not to get too close or ahead of the others.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 22, 2017, 07:31:40 pm »

"What can you see?"

Keep moving slowly forward.  Drag people here with me, and collect people as I go.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 22, 2017, 11:23:34 pm »

Simon turns to Yarrick, speaking very slowly and quietly.  "We're going to that Southeastern building.  There aren't many Nazis around there, and we have the best chance of linking back up with the team from there.  Crawl a distance behind me, very slowly and quietly.  If I get seen, freeze, they probably won't get you too.  Whatever you do, don't fire that pistol unless you need to to save your life.  And keep a smoke loaded in your overcompensator there, if we both get found, we'll need the cover."

Start crawling towards the base, slow and careful.  Head towards the Southeasternmost building,

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 22, 2017, 11:50:07 pm »

"I'd prefer getting out of here by plane... I hope there's one here that can carry everyone. Joan, you have binoculars, right?"
"I've got them and more; check the surroundings, I'd like to ensure that we're not the only ones whose jump has gone awry. Hopefully the others jumped from the plane...and not landed somewhere worse. I'll try giving them a signal through the glare of my scope--the light is near perfect from this angle up hill.

"If we can't do anything from here, we have to move up."

"{TEAM} Anyone who can hear me, proceed with the operation. Get to the perimeter. I believe we can mask any sound from our weapons with what's going on near the base."

Check in or near the base area through the scope of my sniper rifle; quick sweep, don't want anyone seeing any glint from my scope even for a small time.

Wish I got a handlight, or at least a focused/signal flashlight, instead of buying a radio, exactly for these Morse-ish matters. :P

Otherwise, move me and Alice forward, to the best location we can ascertain for any exits or vehicles, ready to provide support fire.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:25:45 am by Tiruin »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 23, 2017, 07:03:33 am »

"Good to have some more folks around."

Bob follows with Joan, Alice, and Jack, keeping an eye out behind them and on the flanks to catch any enemies or allies who mya come from those directions.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 23, 2017, 07:10:30 am »

Carefully sneak towards the base and prepare my shotgun if someone spots me.
When I near the base's perimeter, lay down and stay hidden in the grass.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 228