Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469389 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #405 on: June 30, 2017, 07:53:28 am »

We won't get an artillery strike.

At all. This is Poland. Your only hope is that a German artillery piece screws up badly and shoots their own....which is not likely. They'd have to roll like half a dozen natural 1's.

Yeah, shotguns, not flamethrowers. Infiltrating a compound is guaranteed to have room-clearing, and so we want shotguns and SMGs. Things you can whip around in confined spaces and fire until the enemies are all dead. Having this many snipers should be a good thing, because we'll be able to shoot any genius who walks outside---preventing the team who goes in a building from potentially getting outflanked.
Also, shooting people from long range is cool.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 30, 2017, 08:33:48 am »

Anyone know German? Talk fast enough on the right frequency and it could work... Not likely, but after SHF it wouldn't hurt anything. (Yell something about friendly fire, or give corrections that target the enemy. Hopefully it works, and if not maybe it will cause enough confusion to gain us a respite)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 30, 2017, 08:37:24 am »

Um....Yes?

My character is really hard-liner who took a course in interrogation and thus knows some (One point of language) German and, you know, interrogation. But he's mostly good at killing people.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 30, 2017, 09:40:53 am »

Um....Yes?

My character is really hard-liner who took a course in interrogation and thus knows some (One point of language) German and, you know, interrogation. But he's mostly good at killing people.
I've leveled my language to +2, because I'm playing this game focused on the roleplay rather than minmaxing stuff. :P
So I'm assuming potential for being a polyglot, when she's a Filipino.

Actually a thought that hit me is to go undercover with the base uniforms in a way, but since I'm the only one bringing a radio grumble grumble, I guess people will literally be talking behind my back now. :P

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 30, 2017, 09:48:22 am »

Um....Yes?

I've leveled my language to +2, because I'm playing this game focused on the roleplay rather than minmaxing stuff. :P
So I'm assuming potential for being a polyglot, when she's a Filipino.

Actually a thought that hit me is to go undercover with the base uniforms in a way, but since I'm the only one bringing a radio grumble grumble, I guess people will literally be talking behind my back now. :P
We can be the sneaky bros one walks in the front door with a smile and wave the other is hidden in the darkness climbing the wall
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 30, 2017, 10:08:29 am »

The confusion from the fire may even work in our favor... A de Lise to pop inquisitive sentries from medium range could actually be a really good idea now. After all that would be using it for it's intended purpose... If I had a requisition point I would spend it on a silenced sten or welrod pistol.

Come in fast, but quiet. Kill anyone who challenges us (quietly!), then go loud once safely behind their lines. (Trust me, it will go loud no matter what we do)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:10:07 am by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 30, 2017, 10:21:56 am »

Sounds like a plan. In other words:
If you don't have a silencer, don't fire until you hear a German gun go off.

And if you're a sniper, just don't fire until they do.

So, I'd say spread snipers. One in SE, one far west (All in the hills, of course) and one back north, close to the base. The north one could probably be (If we get one) the silenced rifleman. The western sniper will be able to see across the runway and into any open hangars (Depending on layout) giving excellent coverage, while inserting from the north  should allow us a decent amount of cover, while snipers are still able to see them. If we weren't lighting it on fire, I'd prefer to be the SE sniper directly south, that overlook would give a really nice position for killing things. Unless, you know, I'm reading scale badly wrong.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:25:13 am by Madman198237 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 30, 2017, 10:31:52 am »

The confusion from the fire may even work in our favor... A de Lise to pop inquisitive sentries from medium range could actually be a really good idea now. After all that would be using it for it's intended purpose... If I had a requisition point I would spend it on a silenced sten or welrod pistol.

Come in fast, but quiet. Kill anyone who challenges us (quietly!), then go loud once safely behind their lines. (Trust me, it will go loud no matter what we do)
I'd LOVE to save my requisition point if we can change class equipment (since we can't change base stats/skills) for someone to pick up some radio equip, since said point is being spent on a radio that'll replenish forever. :O

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 30, 2017, 12:10:06 pm »

Spoiler: @Milo (click to show/hide)

And now that my duty is done, I am going to bed.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 30, 2017, 12:42:30 pm »

Spoiler: @syvarris (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 30, 2017, 03:58:27 pm »

I wouldn't put a sniper in the far west, as, again, that's where the plane is supposed to crash and the direction in which we are hoping to divert the bulk of the base's personnel.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 30, 2017, 04:03:45 pm »

How about scattered between north and southeast? I doubt anyone could get too far south quickly enough anyway...

All on our side of the river of course.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 30, 2017, 05:34:58 pm »

Fire's in the Southwest. West should be alright for a while. Besides, as I mentioned: This is the 888th. The plan is just a comfort for the naïve.

And the differing firing angles from the West are too much of a potential benefit to ignore. Even if it's difficult to trek over there.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 30, 2017, 05:47:09 pm »

How about scattered between north and southeast? I doubt anyone could get too far south quickly enough anyway...

All on our side of the river of course.
the lighter green are ridgelines, so yeah, that's what I would do.

Fire's in the Southwest. West should be alright for a while. Besides, as I mentioned: This is the 888th. The plan is just a comfort for the naïve.

And the differing firing angles from the West are too much of a potential benefit to ignore. Even if it's difficult to trek over there.
I'd consider placing people on the northwest, across the river, as a matter of opportunity. that is, if on the ground the idea seems favorable and we have resources to spend there, do it, otherwise don't. So, not part of Plan A, but a contingency.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 01, 2017, 02:25:02 am »

Spoiler: @Milo (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 228