Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469027 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2017, 12:38:53 pm »

If I can level up, get better at stealth and accept the mission.
Hmm. Will leveling up actually be a thing in this game?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 25, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »

Count me in!

Is me taking First Aid and Medical Training together redundant? If so I want to switch First Aid to something else.

Also, if someone has a looted SMG, I would be willing to do just about anything for it (and I will want to swap my pistol and SMG skills if I can make a trade)

EDIT: You know what? I'll just swap pistol and SMG anyway and count on looting my own. I would still like to trade for one if possible.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:43:04 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 25, 2017, 08:55:12 pm »

Is me taking First Aid and Medical Training together redundant? If so I want to switch First Aid to something else.
We should get a FAQ for these :P
Ok so, reference my character (Joan); she has Med Training and First Aid. First Aid is a kit given to relatively everyone every mission--it heals around +1 to Life, and has relatively 2-3 uses or such. (Unsure on 4 uses)
Medical Training uses BETTER equipment such as Medic Bags which restore more health, but are rarer. This also includes situations wherein there is medical equipment nearby, which I presume can be IMPROVISED equipment. Although that may also apply to first aid kits, since these did happen in the field at times (but with lesser effect varying on the situation). <_<

I'm wondering if I can re-spec myself that way too :P

piecewise, is it possible to respec our characters' skills in between missions?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2017, 09:03:14 pm »

It makes a certain amount after sense that if I can use the good stuff I should be able to use the crappy stuff too without another skill, but in that case there is no reason for First Aid to exist... I think that First Aid is completely redundant, medical kits being limited to the medic load out is already restriction enough.

Can first aid be removed from the skill list and existing users allowed to replace it with something else?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:10:03 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2017, 09:05:45 pm »

It makes a certain amount after sense that if I can use the good stuff I should be able to use the crappy stuff too without another skill, but in that case there is no reason for First Aid to exist... I think that First Aid is completely redundant, medical kits being limited to the medic load out is already restriction enough.

Can first aid be removed from the skill list and existing users allowed to replace it with something else?
I'd...disagree :P
Think of First Aid as 'that one skill you can use when your character is in between 'acting' and 'not acting'; they can patch themselves up and restore a teensy bit of stuff, and 'teensy bits' are the border between status effects and states of action (like you being bleeding out? That can be patched up with first aid, inasfar as I recall ol' WWII kits, and first-aid may also cover several differing situations wherein a kit isn't required, like someone's choking or otherwise)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 25, 2017, 09:08:39 pm »

It still seems redundant to me, but honestly there really aren't that many other skills for a medic to choose, so I'll withdraw my request.

EDIT: First Aid makes perfect sense as a prerequisite for Medical Training... I'll just think of it that way.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:32:34 pm by milo christiansen »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #351 on: June 26, 2017, 06:34:06 am »

Winston signing on for the mission. Have some training in flying planes, but not extensive.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #352 on: June 27, 2017, 12:55:11 pm »

First, do we level up?

Second, before we leave, can I have someone attach a scope to my Gewehr?  Preferably an NPC who won't screw up.  I'm willing to trade my other german guns, or maybe some of my other equipment.  Edit: Egan said he's willing to put a scope on my Gewehr in return for my mauser, but pointed out that I don't have a spare scope.  Is that something I can requisition, or obtain by trading in my MG 15?

((That offer goes for any PCs with a relevant skill too, though I'm not paying if you break my gun.))

IF YOU SURVIVED, YOU GET +1 TO PUT ON ANY STAT OR SKILL. YOU ALSO GET 1 REQUISITION ORDER.

Req orders are used to get items that, like your starting gear, are refilled or replaced after every mission. You can get basically anything, but some things will cost more than one order. Time period appropriate items only, no iPhones. Items not part of your starting gear or not req'd will NOT replenish after missions. Ie anything you found. Req'd scopes or components like that will be attached for free. 

"I'm no pilot, but count me into the next mission. So are we gonna save the children, figure out the reason for the kidnappings, or kill Rosenberg? Or all the above?"

Bob signs up for the mission, and asks some folks on the Yellow Jacket if they can identify his medals and medallions, or at least read the German written on them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The medals are a Narvik shield and a Wound badge. The medallion is something that no one on the ship has ever seen before. Its made of steel with some silver plating and looks like a wreath of some kind with a central symbol. It lacks the standard nazi swastika and instead has some sort of flowing, vaguely pinwheel and cephalopodan design.

"I'll come to that in a minute."

We should get a FAQ for these :P
Ok so, reference my character (Joan); she has Med Training and First Aid. First Aid is a kit given to relatively everyone every mission--it heals around +1 to Life, and has relatively 2-3 uses or such. (Unsure on 4 uses)
Medical Training uses BETTER equipment such as Medic Bags which restore more health, but are rarer. This also includes situations wherein there is medical equipment nearby, which I presume can be IMPROVISED equipment. Although that may also apply to first aid kits, since these did happen in the field at times (but with lesser effect varying on the situation). <_<

I'm wondering if I can re-spec myself that way too :P

piecewise, is it possible to respec our characters' skills in between missions?
Nope, not if you've already been on a mission. Start leveling the skills you want now.

Hmm. Alice will do I think.

Now, here's the deal, nice and simple. That order was sent here.

This is an airbase in Poland, in a small river valley near several towns. There are dirt roads in and out but the main way in is by plane. As you can see, its surrounded on both sides by hills. These are important. The base is too deep in enemy territory for us to get in by any method but flying, and it has several anti aircraft batteries which make trying to drop you straight onto it akin to suicide. It also has far too many soldiers to make assaulting it directly a valid strategy. It might be posssible, mind you, but it would be a slaughter even if you did manage it. And we can't just bomb the place to kingdom come because we need any information we can and bombs have a habit of destroying papers and informed soldiers. So, now we have to get creative.

The plan is this. We've got a flight of 4 bombers and a junker troop carrier we've fitted to look as much like a bomber as possible, and rigged to explode. You lot are going to be on the troop carrier, with Alice flying. We're going to make it look like a bombing raid, come in low over the hills, drop incindiary bombs around but not directly on the base. And the base is, no doubt, gonna fire back. Now, you're gonna bring the carrier round from the north east here, as part of the bombing squad.

At this point you will do two things: First, set the explosives to detonate as the plane files over the base, while Alice also aims the plane downward so that, even if the explosives fail, it will crash near by. Second, everyone will parachute out. The plan is to land yourselves here, where your descent and approach to the base will be hidden by the hills.

The plane will hit the opposite hill which, combined with the incindiary bombs, should set the entire south west area on fire. The bombers will also drop decoy chutes with fake bodies to draw even more attention in that direction. With any luck this will draw the majority of the base's forces and fire fighting crew towards that opposite hill and enable you all to get in quickly and quietly.

Once in you have three major goals.

1. Obtain any and all info you can relating to this kidnapping operation. Steal papers, abduct officers, whatever it takes.
2. Rescue any kidnapped children. We do not know if there will be any present, but we cannot rule that possiblity out.
3. We will be supplying you with 10 satchel charges, all with time fuses. Place them strategically, in areas where they will do the most damage. Armories, munitions dumps, hangers, etc. Rig them to blow soon after you leave; don't give the soldiers time to discover them.

Once you've completed your goals, get out. There's a hanger with planes, there's a road out if you can find vehicles, and if all else fails you can scurry out back into the hills and we'll get you later. Oh, but if I were you, I'd try to actually keep a radio this time. Would make picking you up a lot easier.

Questions?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 27, 2017, 01:22:38 pm »

Does a traditional "How do I get out of this chicken-shit outfit?" count as a question, Sir? More importantly, how soon can we get some wounded for me to fix?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 27, 2017, 01:50:54 pm »

"Uh, who actually has the radio this time?"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 27, 2017, 01:55:53 pm »

Well...why not.

Been lurking and watching for a while, and I'd like to shoot things and make poorly informed decisions too!

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 27, 2017, 01:59:48 pm »

"Don't look at me,i didn't bring one"

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 27, 2017, 02:06:05 pm »

Radio? I don't need a radio, I just need somebody to hurry up and get shot. I was told this outfit needed a medic, but I haven't had a thing to do since I arrived.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 27, 2017, 02:08:40 pm »

"I probebly will get shot, maybe, i am fifty percent sure that i might get shot"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 27, 2017, 05:45:49 pm »

"This should be fun."

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

Added +1 to hand to hand skill.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 228