Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469055 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #330 on: June 24, 2017, 01:40:19 pm »

Not for right now of course, but I seem to have forgotten: Can we use our first aid pouch without needing first aid skill?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 24, 2017, 01:50:23 pm »

Not for right now of course, but I seem to have forgotten: Can we use our first aid pouch without needing first aid skill?
I believe you can do anything without the skill. Just on a 1d6, the skill makes a 'success' [5] at lesser degrees too. Like a +1, making a roll of 4, become a success--which is like pushing the range of interpretation downwards too. Like a +3, and you roll a [2], you just fail in a way that a seasoned fellow does: Not Catastrophically.

Also I hope we're all under that second mission \o/ thinking through would be great :D

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 24, 2017, 02:44:06 pm »

Hold on, I might as well make a pilot character now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #333 on: June 24, 2017, 03:22:19 pm »

TWO WEEKS LATER ON THE USS YELLOW JACKET

A crowd of soldiers are sitting around in a dark room somewhere in the aircraft carrier's guts. They're on rows of steel folding chairs, staring at a wall lit by the blank white square of a slide machine with no slide in it. As they sit, talking among themselves, Brigadier General Bone steps out of the shadows and into the light. Everyone quiets down.

Welcome back. Good to see so many familiar faces, even if we are short a limb or two and have a bit more scar tissue to share. I'm here because the powers that be have discovered something rather interesting. So, of course, they would like us in the 888th to stick our rat noses into it and see what crawls up a nostril.  That interesting thing is an order from one Alfred Rosenberg to Nazi forces in Poland. Some of you may remember this particular Kraut as a Nazi ambassador of sorts; he came to the UK sometime in '33 and tried to convince us all to join up in the goosestep. He made a stir back then, tomb of the unknown soldier incident and all, but he's gone up in the world considerably since he last darkened our collective doorstep.  He's now minister of all occupied territories in the east and even said to be the "racial theorist" of the party.

Now, Rozenberg's orders are quite simple; he wants German forces in Poland to start kidnapping children. Specifically children between the ages of 10 and 14. According to the orders, they will be transported to Germany to act as slave labor, but something about this rings hollow. What sort of hard labor can be extracted from prepubescent children, Hm? And who in their right mind would think it worth the effort? It is an atrocity without reason as it stands; and atrocities, senseless as they may be, always have a reason. Cruel, stupid or illogical, yes, but there is always a reason.  And we are the ones who are going to go find that reason; find the real explanation behind these orders for mass kidnapping.

Now, 'fore I go any further, do we have any good pilots around here? No wanna-bes or farmers who flew their daddy's crop duster. I need a real pilot, even if I gotta hire one.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 24, 2017, 08:22:38 pm »

First, do we level up?

Second, before we leave, can I have someone attach a scope to my Gewehr?  Preferably an NPC who won't screw up.  I'm willing to trade my other german guns, or maybe some of my other equipment.  Edit: Egan said he's willing to put a scope on my Gewehr in return for my mauser, but pointed out that I don't have a spare scope.  Is that something I can requisition, or obtain by trading in my MG 15?

((That offer goes for any PCs with a relevant skill too, though I'm not paying if you break my gun.))

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 24, 2017, 08:49:57 pm »

"I'm no pilot, but count me into the next mission. So are we gonna save the children, figure out the reason for the kidnappings, or kill Rosenberg? Or all the above?"

Bob signs up for the mission, and asks some folks on the Yellow Jacket if they can identify his medals and medallions, or at least read the German written on them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 24, 2017, 08:51:31 pm »

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 24, 2017, 10:19:55 pm »

Name: Alice Gwerhierhwaer
Description: Short blue dyed hair, shiny orange eyes. Tallish, and not thin. Hairy.
Physical: 0
Mental: 0
Life: +1

Stats:
Dexterity 2
Will 1
Knowledge 1
Senses 1

Skills:
Plane 3
Operator 2
Mechanic 2
Melee 1
Pistol 1
First Aid 1

Inventory:
Helmet (+1 Life bonus, Single Use)
First Aid Pouch (Allows First Aid)
Entrenching Tool (A folding shovel)
Ration (Restores up to -2 on physical dice)

Pilot Equipment
Mechanic’s tools
Flare Gun (For signalling planes for rescue. 1 shot, risk 2?)
Knife (Risk 2)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 24, 2017, 11:15:19 pm »

I guess I'm not keeping this awesome person's 'loot'? :<
Joan signs up for the next mission!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of course. :P We exceptionally lack a Pilot, and here comes our designated driver.

Please be so skilled that we can fire our weapons from your vehicle and we'll become an armored transport of weaponry.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 24, 2017, 11:18:56 pm »

Help syv babe with his scope attaching thing or whatever.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 25, 2017, 02:59:56 am »

((wait..so can i play becuse i made my sheet or does the GM have to approve it?))
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 25, 2017, 07:36:17 am »

Ask the quartermaster for additional shotgun shells.
If I can level up, get better at stealth and accept the mission.

((The operation requires some stealth, correct?))

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Health and ammo replenished, but I'll still annoy the quartermaster by asking him for more shells (but not too many).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:52:22 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 25, 2017, 08:24:09 am »

Ask for 15-20 shotgun shells from the quartermaster, and also ask for medical help, if I'm not healed yet.
If I can level up, get better at stealth and accept the mission.

I do deeply believe that either you missed the idea that we're all stocked up and healed, or that you're not allowed to bleed and be wounded on an aircraft carrier, in front of the Brigadier General. :P

So yep! We're all reloaded fully, and all we need is to confirm sign-in...as far as I assume anyway.

That, and Egan_BW made a very creative move; the Brigadier General hired on one of the Aircraft Carrier crew :3

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #343 on: June 25, 2017, 09:24:23 am »

((wait..so can i play becuse i made my sheet or does the GM have to approve it?))
You're good, you're in.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 25, 2017, 09:46:38 am »

Joe singns up for the mission

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 228