Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468328 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2017, 09:45:13 am »

Gonna start stocking up on these...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2017, 09:49:18 am »

Good idea but do we have a different one for people losing there minds?
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10:17 am »

Good idea but do we have a different one for people losing there minds?

We just shoot those and then give 'em one anyway. Efficiency! And we'll have to get rid of the bloody things somehow.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2017, 11:42:35 am »

Alan waved goodbye to the poor sods who would be riding on the third boat, and he flipped a middle finger to the purple heart giving extra dimensional travellers "If anyone is going to execute a man for mental issues, it is going to be me! And not anyone else except possibly for a higher ranking officer....".
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2017, 02:54:31 pm »

PTW for now, I may make a sheet later.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »

The trip from the troop transport ship to the beach was a vomit inducing one. A Higgins boat is many things but a smooth ride it is not. The skies are slate gray with clouds like masses of cotton hanging low and heavy. The smell of sweat and salt, rank seaweed and vomit is enough to make even the hardest iron stomach churn in protest as the boat smashes gracelessly through the waves.

"Landfall in 60 seconds!" the driver says, staying huddled behind the armor that surrounds his station. "As soon as we hit the sand I'm gonna open the front gate. Front of this boat is a murder hole; straight shot for those bastards. Clear it and spread out.  Remember the plan! Each of those bunkers has at least two heavy machine guns and if you can shoot them, they can shoot you. Remember, there are other teams to the left and right outside our combat zones. Push forward and if we're lucky they'll be able to reinforce us after we take the beach and the bunkers at least."

"30 seconds! 20! 10!" the boat bobbing motion settles as it gets into shallow water. "5!"  There's a sound, a wet scrape as the boat slides up onto the beach and wedges itself in place. The Gate opens, revealing the beach beyond. The sand is littered with Czech hedgehogs and barbed wire. The bunkers loom large in the distance, perched on the ridge that seperates the sand from the grassland beyond it. For a half second, everything is silent except for the sound of waves. Then the machine guns open up. "GO GO GO!"

Boat 1
Bullets hiss overhead and ping off the metal of the boat. A shot blows Gus' helmet straight off his head (-1 life) but leaves him otherwise uninjured. Alan catches a round to the shoulder (-3 life) and tumbles over back, losing his helment and partially blocking the way out of the boat.

Boat 2
Barak takes a round to the thigh and gets knocked to his knees, his helmet falls off and goes rolling out onto the beach. (-2 life)

Boat 3
As soon as boat 3's hatch is open, a single concentrated spray of bullets tears through it.  Ivan and Joe lose their helmets (-1 life); though if they lose them to bullets or just their teammates falling all over them is hard to determine. Robert catches a bullet straight to the forehead (-2 life); his helmet blocks most of the force but gets smashed down  and breaks his nose before it flips off his head and down into the sea. Yarrick gets clipped in the side (-2 life) and his helmet falls off and rolls out onto the beach.  Zack gets shot in the foot and swears, dropping down to hold it in pain (-2 life)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:01:37 pm by piecewise »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2017, 03:04:01 pm »

Get back up and make a dash for some form of cover.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2017, 03:06:37 pm »

"Agh!" Bob jumped out of the boat, trying to ignore the pain in his head.

Dash behind the nearest hedgehog, and try to stay there for a moment.

((does life go to -1, or to -2? I'm not quite sure how the helmet affected it))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:03:30 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2017, 03:08:24 pm »

"Get to cover, quickly!"
Joakim yanks Barak to his feet and helps him to some cover, whether it be a hedgehog, a trench or next to the ship.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2017, 03:34:08 pm »

(Squad 1)

"aaaaaaaaaaa"

Run forward and hack through the wire with my shovel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2017, 04:01:23 pm »

"Let's goooooo"

Get forward and get cover.  Cover first shooting later.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)

((Should we have bangalores in inventory?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2017, 04:40:44 pm »

Grab Barak's other arm and help Joakim drag him to cover.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2017, 04:42:10 pm »

Fire a WP round at Bunker 2, to obscure their vision, and keep running

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:45:54 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »

"Oh Fuck!"
Attempt to stand up and run to cover

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:36:16 pm by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2017, 11:44:02 pm »

That Medic skill is kinda useless without a medic's gear. Oh well.

I'm putting you on boat 2.
((16/15, thanks piecewise! :'( Also I noticed and knew that--thank you for your concern c:
...That brings to mind when it will be useful anyway--and as far as it seems, nobody picked it other than this our medics. Go healers!

Goodness we're being raked.))

[Squad 2]
Joan had a few things on her mind--get everyone as best as she could, alive; provide support for others, and scan the area as per protocol and doctrine. Alongside regretting her lack of formal command training, she wished the kit she had had more than a field medical kit. She was glad the initial landing went smoothly and she didn't have to wade through shallow, rough waters. She didn't also know how to swim was another thing.

Drop to cover nearby; get a sight (either binoculars or scope) on the machine gun nest. Try to steady for a future shot (Middle Bunker).
{If there's no such thing as steadying or preparedness, go take a shot instead; if that's not possible, priority is getting to a stable location}

((Goodness, we only have 1 radio operator and 1 commander. Egan_BW and Shadowclaw777))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:09:03 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 228