Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468266 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2017, 11:48:50 pm »

Try to get on the beach and find something to use for cover. Otherwise, use my downed team-mate as cover.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:54:04 pm by Gentlefish »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2017, 11:51:06 pm »

Try to get on the beach and find something to use for cover. Otherwise, use my downed team-mate as cover.
((Well this is horribly IC :o Oh hello Pufferfish!

Also it seems important to note who is in what squad unless we're mixed like now, in my opinion :P
But we only have one source of contact with anyone else.[/opinions]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2017, 11:54:17 pm »

Good point!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2017, 11:56:28 pm »

"THAT KRAUT WHO SHOOT ME IN MY FOOT WILL PAY FOR THIS. AAUURGH!" Said Zack while holding his foot. Zack tries to move faster via his own willpower, despite wounded leg.

TRY TO IGNORE THE PAIN VIA WILLPOWER AND RUN FOR THE COVER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!
AFTER FINDING THE COVER, CAREFULLY LOOK AROUND.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Forgot my sheet again.
DOUBLE EDIT: New action added.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:36:09 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2017, 12:07:54 am »

RUUUUN for cover.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 01:20:12 am »

Get behind a hedgehog, then began rolling it forward (while remaining behind it) so that I/we can advance.

How far away do I have to be from the bunkers before I have a reasonable chance of being able to chuck an improvised grenade in there?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:02:07 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2017, 01:59:41 am »

Boat 2

A lot of stuff

Oh, cool, Twin's shooting WP at a bunker.  If that worked out, take a long range shot at one of Bunker 1's machine gunners.  Otherwise, aim the shot at a Bunker 2 gunner.  In both cases, follow Twin and take cover behind his body if he goes down.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2017, 06:15:23 am »

Get behind a hedgehog, then began rolling it forward (while remaining behind it) so that I/we can advance.

How far away do I have to be from the bunkers before I have a reasonable chance of being able to chuck an improvised grenade in there?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((...I'm almost certain that it would be pretty much impossible to "roll" a hedgehog...it's about 400 lbs of solid steel that is not really close enough to round to be rolled.))
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2017, 06:53:55 am »

((Yeah, being a pain in the ass to move while not providing cover is basically their thing.))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:55:39 am by Devastator »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2017, 07:31:53 am »

Squad 3
Get running and find some cover failing that start aiming for the center nest (aiming isnt a thing shoot the nest) with a WP rocket

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2017, 09:07:49 am »

((Oh hey, I forgot that tank hunters get smoke rounds!  Firing those at the enemy bunkers is a really good idea.  Far better than trying to find cover on a mostly empty and flat beach, or trying to take a snapshot at a person in a fortified bunker...  Sadly, it seems that not a single person on your boat has heavy rifle skill, which M18s use for... some reason.  Ah well.

...Twinwolf?  You have the other M18.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2017, 09:17:38 am »

((Oh hey, I forgot that tank hunters get smoke rounds!  Firing those at the enemy bunkers is a really good idea.  Far better than trying to find cover on a mostly empty and flat beach, or trying to take a snapshot at a person in a fortified bunker...  Sadly, it seems that not a single person on your boat has heavy rifle skill, which M18s use for... some reason.  Ah well.

...Twinwolf?  You have the other M18.))
((Um this is not a smoke round this is a white phosphorous round aka BURN EVERYTHING while being impossible to extinguish))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2017, 09:35:05 am »

((Yeaaaah
Winston ain't gonna go Spec Ops: The Line on his allies))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2017, 10:28:36 am »

((* syvarris facepalms

Smoke rounds are the same thing as White Phosphorus rounds!  It's where the smoke comes from!  Yes, it also has an incendiary effect, because you're burning a very hot material to make a lot of very hot smoke.  That's how smoke works!

Why do you think the military in that game had so much WP ammunition?  If it were only meant for burning people alive it would be a war crime to even use it--it was meant to be used purely for rapidly generating smokescreens.  The protag of the game was using it in an illegal fashion to drive home the game's central theme and it was also a hilariously inaccurate depiction, seriously, it was depicted as utterly roasting people relatively far away from the actual explosion, and it was heavier than air.  If WP were anywhere near that effective, actual chemical weapons wouldn't get so much more attention than it.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2017, 10:46:04 am »

((Still, I'd rather Winston find cover first rather than take the time to aim and get turned into swiss cheese for his trouble :P )
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 228