Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467264 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1560 on: January 12, 2018, 05:44:17 pm »

Ready to go.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 12, 2018, 06:40:11 pm »

I bought a Fancy Hat. I will be ready to go only once said hat is properly described and fitted to Ed's head.

Hey look at that. Fancy hat. It looks warm and cozy. Ed's ready to go.

"It's like wearing a woman's legs on my head." Ed mutters in satisfaction, having placed the Fancy Hat in the appropriate location.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:15:21 am by Ozarck »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 12, 2018, 07:35:43 pm »

Purchase suppressor for pistol for 20 GLORY. 135-20=115. Otherwise, READY TO GO!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1563 on: January 12, 2018, 07:42:30 pm »

I don't remember if I described my fancy hat. I'm just going to say it's a cute beret, I guess.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 12, 2018, 11:52:14 pm »

Wooo!  Trading all my GLORY for a de lisle!
I want to stick with you so sniper team buddies T_T and we can share that carbine

Requisitioning a Silenced Pistol (-50) & 2 smoke grenades (-20)

How much are added ammunition containers?

Also I'd like Joan's Radio--unless we can get a briefing post so we can plan out how we'll do this, I'm of the impression that I'll be more for long-ranged support or spotting.

...Also get a Fancy Hat. Because having a cute beret is good.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:55:19 pm by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1566 on: January 15, 2018, 11:44:50 am »

Sure, we'll say they're finished with it. Though it only has 10 shots.

Could I buy more mags/batteries/whatever with GLORY? If yes, how much for how many shots?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

In this case, no. They aren't something we can make.  You'd have to get more while in the field.

If I mount my spare scope on a zap rifle, will it use sniper rifle skill, like the Gewehr?  If so, have the scope taken off my Gewehr and put on my zapgun.  Radio can have my Gewehr if he'd prefer a more lethal weapon.

...Ah, and I'm taking my MG15 back from Doc Daneeka, because I'm pretty sure MJ isn't playing.  If he shows up I'll be certain to have him take it off his sheet.

Zap rifle is too short range for that, I'm afraid.

Okie dokie.

I'll gladly take a conventional gun as a backup, thanks. Do you happen to know what the risk level of a zapgun is though?
Zap gun is risk 4

I want to stick with you so sniper team buddies T_T and we can share that carbine

Requisitioning a Silenced Pistol (-50) & 2 smoke grenades (-20)

How much are added ammunition containers?

Also I'd like Joan's Radio--unless we can get a briefing post so we can plan out how we'll do this, I'm of the impression that I'll be more for long-ranged support or spotting.

...Also get a Fancy Hat. Because having a cute beret is good.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Your weapon comes with a full magazine and extra magazines (which respawn just like the weapon at the end of every mission) are 10 GLORY each.

This is rapidly becoming TF2 with all these hats.

It takes a few days for the ship to be brought into port for repairs, though Bone and his Bodyguard are taken off to a hospital ship immediately. No sooner has the ship reached port than new commands are coming in for the team. All volunteers are taken by car to some place deep within London, exactly where is hard to say because they roll the blacked out windows up at the midpoint of the journey. Eventually, by way of an utterly banal car park, a trip down stately but ultimately unidentifiable halls, and a long elevator ride, you end up in  a concrete bunker. Its a single large room, save for the bathroom in back, with supplies piled in one corner and a large metal table in the center. On the table is a map of the city, with large sections colored in with various inks. There is a rather unassuming bespectacled man with slicked back hair sitting, looking at the map with a sombre expression. He looks up when you enter and stands.

"Ah. So you must be the men-" he sees Tala, "and women, who are here to help me. I am Admiral George Thompson, Chief Press Censor." He smiles a bit, "Though to be honest there's very little for me to do under normal circumstances. Our office is staffed by veterans with little experience in this sort of work -myself included- but the D-lists we've sent out have meant that the press effectively censor's itself of all dangerous information. No one wants to hurt the war effort, you see."

He sits back down at the table.

"This is something different though. The newspaper in question is called the "Blitz Report", an echo of those dark days, and it comes out about once a week. It is propaganda and dangerous information wrapped up in a layer of banal local stories. An article about the opening of a new market store will be sprinkled with figures about how many buildings were destroyed, how many lives lost, and voice a desire for the war to end 'by whatever means necessary'. Now, if this were the extent of their actions  I might have some compulsions about seeking them out and shutting them down. The crown has never forcibly censored the press so far, after all. But these are more than just defeatists and sympathizers, they're using numbers and language that come straight out of German intelligence reports. They are clearly at least connected to the Nazis, if not Nazi spies full stop."

He gestures to the map, circling an area called "Park Crescent Ward" with his finger.

"We've tracked the paper's distribution back to this area, but we're not sure where it originates from beyond that. I'm an old sailor; this urban skullduggery is not my strong suit. I need you lot to find these spies and shut them down without raising alarm in the area. A public gunfight or raid of some german sympathizing newsmen is bad, but admitting to the existence of German spies in the city is worse.

You'll be given police uniforms for this operation, and during it you are to make no mention of the paper. Instead, say you are hunting for counterfeiters. The needs of a counterfeiter and a printer are similar, large amounts of ink and paper, a printing press, custom etched plates, an so forth, so you should be able to investigate without drawing too much attention. And when you find the printers, try to take them with a limited amount of force. Cover story or not, a firefight in an apartment building is something we wish to avoid.

Any questions?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 15, 2018, 11:53:49 am »

Spencer raises his hand. Also, what sort of risk is the Luger and German SMG?

"What kind of support will we have for this operation?"

Spoiler: Spencer Ward (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:04:48 pm by Tavik Toth »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 15, 2018, 12:44:45 pm »

"Does it count as a firefight if only one side is shooting?"

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 15, 2018, 01:10:07 pm »

"Can you describe the evidence that you have? You say you tracked the distribution to this area. Any known vehicles? Any identifying information that we could use?" Charlie asks.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 15, 2018, 02:20:04 pm »

"Why're you sending a black ops suicide squad...?  We're, like, middle-of-the-action destroy-everything badasses, not stalk-the-streets coppers!  You should at least send local detectives or something to find them, not have a bunch of foreign soldiers go about it."

Simon will just complain ask the above, and otherwise show he dislikes the assignment, but he doesn't really have anything serious to ask.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 15, 2018, 03:59:24 pm »

"This sounds boring as hell, and I might get shot at anyway."

Question is OOC; how silent is that silenced pistol I have? That is, if I fire it in the city, are people likely to hear it? Or will this fight be more of a stabby sort of thing?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1572 on: January 15, 2018, 04:54:10 pm »

"This sounds boring as hell, and I might get shot at anyway."

Question is OOC; how silent is that silenced pistol I have? That is, if I fire it in the city, are people likely to hear it? Or will this fight be more of a stabby sort of thing?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
About half or 1/3rd as loud. So it will probably sound more like something being dropped or hitting something  than a gunshot.

Spencer raises his hand. Also, what sort of risk is the Luger and German SMG?

"What kind of support will we have for this operation?"

Spoiler: Spencer Ward (click to show/hide)
Luger 2, SMG is basically the same as our existing one.

"Combat, none. But information and other assistance will be provided if we can. We can't send in too many men, even your group is fairly large."

"Does it count as a firefight if only one side is shooting?"

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
"We would prefer you take them alive if possible, but if you have to shoot, make it decisive."

"Can you describe the evidence that you have? You say you tracked the distribution to this area. Any known vehicles? Any identifying information that we could use?" Charlie asks.

"They use vans to distribute the paper, placing it wherever someone might pick it up, including yards and front steps. We've tracked the vans back to the Park Crescent area but they make pickups from random places so we can't stake them out effectively. Its possible they are actually headquartered elsewhere, but this is our best lead at the moment."

"Why're you sending a black ops suicide squad...?  We're, like, middle-of-the-action destroy-everything badasses, not stalk-the-streets coppers!  You should at least send local detectives or something to find them, not have a bunch of foreign soldiers go about it."

Simon will just complain ask the above, and otherwise show he dislikes the assignment, but he doesn't really have anything serious to ask.

"Because we don't know the kind of fire power these men have at their disposal. "

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1573 on: January 15, 2018, 05:10:44 pm »

Denver raises his trench knife. "So we can stab them even if they don't fight back? Knives are quieter.
Asking for a friend."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 15, 2018, 05:26:03 pm »

Ed heads right past hte desk and into the toilet (or is it an actual bathroom, England style?). He makes full use of the facilities inside, while attempting to listen to the briefing and shouting his responses from inside.

"'Scuse me fellas, this is a national emergency. Carry on, don't mind me. Afternoon, Pops."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 228