Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467307 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1575 on: January 15, 2018, 06:32:55 pm »

"Well, I'm not a detective, I'm not trained in police work, I'm not very sneaky, and I didn't bring any heavy firepower, so, uh, have fun without me guys. Do you have any, like, getaway planes in case this ends up exploding the city or something?"

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1576 on: January 15, 2018, 06:59:40 pm »

From the "facilities:"

We could probably stake out the area and follow one of their random drop guys back to their printer. Or ask around about ink and shit. Hey, Boss, can we get a list pf places that sell that kind of thing? Is the paper locally made? or like, imported?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 15, 2018, 07:03:41 pm »

"Hey buddy! Good questions, but can you get out of there?

That said, I can scout the area. I have binoculars and a radio."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1578 on: January 15, 2018, 11:59:53 pm »

You'll be given police uniforms for this operation, and during it you are to make no mention of the paper. Instead, say you are hunting for counterfeiters. The needs of a counterfeiter and a printer are similar, large amounts of ink and paper, a printing press, custom etched plates, an so forth, so you should be able to investigate without drawing too much attention. And when you find the printers, try to take them with a limited amount of force. Cover story or not, a firefight in an apartment building is something we wish to avoid.

Any questions?"
"Perfect, a place for police snipers. Hey Simon (she said to syvarris), you think we have a spot on this mission? Admiral, may I ask if there are any vantage points overlooking the area? Not necessarily the area of the building, but exitways outside of the area? Me and Simon are both skilled sharpshooters, and we can be on the watch for incoming or outgoing traffic, especially escape vehicles and otherwise. We may also act as reconnaissance elements, if there was anything intelligence may have missed. I could also take the time to call up a contact I have who may help the 888th in the future, but that's a total aside.

"Also, is there any way we may communicate with each other outside of burdenous backpack radios? I believe the sort are not 'official police equipment', and we are a dynamic team with different skills each, especially in languages and methods of communication."

"Well, I'm not a detective, I'm not trained in police work, I'm not very sneaky, and I didn't bring any heavy firepower, so, uh, have fun without me guys. Do you have any, like, getaway planes in case this ends up exploding the city or something?"

"You need a self esteem boost, Alice. You also sound like one of my friends at times; every person here is a person we need. I noticed you have a hand with technical equipment and other devices, and you know how to handle a handgun better than most people present. While you are not the best cop, or an 'appropriate' one in your mind, I believe you will be of vital importance with the people who are going into the perimeter of operations. That, and I doubt that your knowledge in planes only apply to planes. Think of it like driving a plane, but on the ground--you still have skills for that, albeit diminished in a way."

((Piece! Are there any cross-over skills that apply to others in the same category at reduced amounts? That would help many players who have picked certain skills at +2 at least, due to their application in either reality or practicality in a sense. I'm saying +2 because that must at least mean some sort of expertise in it.))

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 16, 2018, 08:03:25 am »

"Hey, Admiral, do the other boys in blue know about us? Don't wanna get called out for impersonating an officer or something by one of them." Bob shrugged. It seemed like an unusual mission, but interesting. He'd always imagined joining the FBI back in the states when he was a kid, and this seemed like a chance to do something rather like that. Pretty fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 16, 2018, 08:42:17 am »

Quote from: Tiruin
"Hey Simon, you think we have a spot on this mission?"

"Yeah, yeah.  I just got a nice silenced sniper rifle, should be appropriate.  Not much one to just sit around though, I like to get in the thick of things.  I'm good with a knife, if  we want to stay real quiet I can go in and shank some Naughties!"  Simon smiles, and mimes slitting someone's throat with his knife.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 16, 2018, 09:14:45 am »

"I might be able to rig up some really quiet Heavy Explosives! I'll need six tons of charcoal, four dozen chickens, and eighty five pounds of coconuts. Better make it five dozen chickens."

-flush-

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 16, 2018, 09:19:52 am »

"I might be able to rig up some really quiet Heavy Explosives! I'll need six tons of charcoal, four dozen chickens, and eighty five pounds of coconuts. Better make it five dozen chickens."

-flush-

"That's the most elaborate euphemism for breaking wind I've ever heard, sir."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 17, 2018, 05:19:30 am »

Am I assumed to be here, or did I miss a sing up or something?

Yeah, I have a question. What is the area we're going to like? How dense is it? Is it residential, commercial, or industrial? Is it a rich or poor area? Any other distiguishing characteristics?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1584 on: January 17, 2018, 11:49:15 am »

Denver raises his trench knife. "So we can stab them even if they don't fight back? Knives are quieter.
Asking for a friend."

"Again, taking them alive is our preference. Better to have someone to interrogate."

Ed heads right past hte desk and into the toilet (or is it an actual bathroom, England style?). He makes full use of the facilities inside, while attempting to listen to the briefing and shouting his responses from inside.

"'Scuse me fellas, this is a national emergency. Carry on, don't mind me. Afternoon, Pops."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You go into the bathroom (Full faculties, toilet, sink, bath and shower).

"No?"

From the "facilities:"

We could probably stake out the area and follow one of their random drop guys back to their printer. Or ask around about ink and shit. Hey, Boss, can we get a list pf places that sell that kind of thing? Is the paper locally made? or like, imported?"
"We cannot determine the origin of the paper; it has no defining characteristics but we assume it is locally made because importing it would be needlessly complex and difficult. There are no shops which sell the kind of paper rolls which they would use to print on in that area though, so it could be coming from dozens of shops in the city."

You'll be given police uniforms for this operation, and during it you are to make no mention of the paper. Instead, say you are hunting for counterfeiters. The needs of a counterfeiter and a printer are similar, large amounts of ink and paper, a printing press, custom etched plates, an so forth, so you should be able to investigate without drawing too much attention. And when you find the printers, try to take them with a limited amount of force. Cover story or not, a firefight in an apartment building is something we wish to avoid.

Any questions?"
"Perfect, a place for police snipers. Hey Simon (she said to syvarris), you think we have a spot on this mission? Admiral, may I ask if there are any vantage points overlooking the area? Not necessarily the area of the building, but exitways outside of the area? Me and Simon are both skilled sharpshooters, and we can be on the watch for incoming or outgoing traffic, especially escape vehicles and otherwise. We may also act as reconnaissance elements, if there was anything intelligence may have missed. I could also take the time to call up a contact I have who may help the 888th in the future, but that's a total aside.

"Also, is there any way we may communicate with each other outside of burdenous backpack radios? I believe the sort are not 'official police equipment', and we are a dynamic team with different skills each, especially in languages and methods of communication."

"You need a self esteem boost, Alice. You also sound like one of my friends at times; every person here is a person we need. I noticed you have a hand with technical equipment and other devices, and you know how to handle a handgun better than most people present. While you are not the best cop, or an 'appropriate' one in your mind, I believe you will be of vital importance with the people who are going into the perimeter of operations. That, and I doubt that your knowledge in planes only apply to planes. Think of it like driving a plane, but on the ground--you still have skills for that, albeit diminished in a way."

((Piece! Are there any cross-over skills that apply to others in the same category at reduced amounts? That would help many players who have picked certain skills at +2 at least, due to their application in either reality or practicality in a sense. I'm saying +2 because that must at least mean some sort of expertise in it.))
"The entire area is packed with buildings, literally wall to wall. You could get on one roof and move between them easily.  We do have some SCR-536 "Handie Talkies" you can use. Their range and clarity aren't as good as your normal radios but it shouldn't matter here."

((such as?))

"Hey, Admiral, do the other boys in blue know about us? Don't wanna get called out for impersonating an officer or something by one of them." Bob shrugged. It seemed like an unusual mission, but interesting. He'd always imagined joining the FBI back in the states when he was a kid, and this seemed like a chance to do something rather like that. Pretty fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"We've let the local police know that a special team is in the area. You'll have the papers needed to back that up."

Am I assumed to be here, or did I miss a sing up or something?

Yeah, I have a question. What is the area we're going to like? How dense is it? Is it residential, commercial, or industrial? Is it a rich or poor area? Any other distiguishing characteristics?
You're assumed In. I just assumed everyone was in.

"The majority of buildings are homes or apartments, usually 3 or four stories high and tightly packed with no alleys. There are a few shops in covered buildings and an architect's institute, but the majority is housing. The Crescent itself is a pair of very large, buildings that form a half circle, hence the name. They are all, or almost all, apartments."

When you're ready to go, just let me know.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 17, 2018, 12:10:22 pm »

Ready to go, boss.

Spoiler: Spencer Ward (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 17, 2018, 01:22:38 pm »

((such as?))
((Maybe it's more my perspective >_< I'm thinking about vehicles and other utility skills. Alice's Planes could apply to Cars and other vehicles at +1 maybe, only if she has +3 in that skill? I'm inexperienced. What was going in my mind was the cross-overs for categories grouped in the spoiler; those grouped skills, at +3, give other skills in the same batch, a +1.))

"Communication is vital. We'll take those handie-talkies, thank you."
"The majority of buildings are homes or apartments, usually 3 or four stories high and tightly packed with no alleys. There are a few shops in covered buildings and an architect's institute, but the majority is housing. The Crescent itself is a pair of very large, buildings that form a half circle, hence the name. They are all, or almost all, apartments."
"Last question; there is only one general roadway going to this area, correct? This doesn't include backdoors or connections to other buildings going to the outlying areas? Are there any sensible notes for tunnels? Otherwise, no further questions from me."
Let's do this.
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 17, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »

Let's go.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 17, 2018, 04:54:37 pm »

"That's not how it works, Tala."
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 228