Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC  (Read 13706 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC
« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2017, 09:32:39 am »

That's cuz you don't update fast enough to contain all my votes, mang '<.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2017, 09:36:39 am »

That's cuz you don't update fast enough to contain all my votes, mang '<.

You disrespectin' mang? I cut wit updates mang, you won't even see them mang! I cut you!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2017, 09:41:47 am »

Haspen saw the future and voted in advance?

He is a prophet now?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2017, 09:48:47 am »

PTW.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2017, 11:46:41 am »

You order your people to start rounding up people back to the gate and getting the civilians clear. Your people need to retreat and get medical attention, and  the natives... You can figure out what to do with them later, for now you can pack up their food and send them to one of the nice worlds with the uninteresting grass cuttings.

The natives are greatly in awe of your ability to control the Stargate, and REALLY confused by their brief stint in the SGC before you funnel them to some grassy world where they can stay for a week or two while you finish killing a God with a boomerang.

Speaking of, there's the slight matter of how you're preparing to do that.

A- Appropriate some of the defensive missile launchers and auto-cannons due to be placed at the mining cite in order to reinforce the Aztec city. This space ship might have a few holes in it by the time you're done...
B- See about repairing some of the armor from the warriors and dressing up your own men, other groups can then dress as natives. A good insurgency team and a surprise ground assault gives you the shot to capture this vessel without blowing too many holes in it.
C- Ask for more volunteers from the natives in order to provide more meat shields.  Hell, they might even get another week of training with those guns!
D- We're fine reinforcing the city with machine guns, and our tactical teams can probably raid one space ship without too much trouble. No need to do anything crazy.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2017, 11:50:15 am »

A
We need every advantage we can get. A ship full of holes is still a net gain.

We can focus on capturing a fully intact ship once we're better prepared for that.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2017, 11:54:50 am »

B! Hopefully this way we can take away their orbital advantage and avoid getting glassed from 120 km up.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2017, 12:08:42 pm »

C, I doubt they'll pass up a chance for revenge. And we're going to need the bodies. Looks like our boys and girls are the next Z special unit.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2017, 12:31:51 pm »

B and/while C?

The only real advantage that we might have is if the god leave the ship we can deal with it being protected by less tech by surprise.

And meatshield is nice. They provide nice suppressing fire when our guys aim at the head.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:33:57 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2017, 01:20:23 pm »

B,&C
Get the natives to dress as the soldiers. They probably know the part a lot better.

(inb4 it's a wraith ship, come for the "offering")
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2017, 01:22:25 pm »

B,&C
Get the natives to dress as the soldiers. They probably know the part a lot better.

(inb4 it's a wraith ship, come for the "offering")

((Wrong galaxy for the Wraith, thankfully. Unless I twist lore more than I already have...))
---

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2017, 01:32:48 pm »

B, if they land we can suddenly turn on them and storm the ship before they have a chance to respond.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2017, 01:52:54 pm »

B

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2017, 10:21:27 pm »

The natives are greatly in awe of your ability to control the Stargate, and REALLY confused by their brief stint in the SGC before you funnel them to some grassy world where they can stay for a week or two while you finish killing a God with a boomerang.
Must be our glass doors and windows. These things seem pretty normal but goodness, they are very philosophical :P

. . .
Is this set in metaknowledge? Because I feel B will work unless we don't know context.
And some (not many?) of us don't [me! D:]

B

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 27, 2017, 12:22:51 am »

Must be our glass doors and windows. These things seem pretty normal but goodness, they are very philosophical :P

. . .
Is this set in metaknowledge? Because I feel B will work unless we don't know context.
And some (not many?) of us don't [me! D:]

B

Generally the gods are idiots who will land their space craft without even checking in on the locals.  Basically they are megalomaniacs who assume no one would rise up against them successfully.  But who knows if this is the one guy who take security seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18