Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: Embassy  (Read 31245 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Embassy
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2017, 04:37:57 am »

Nuremberg? HAH! You won't even make it past the french border, much less Nuremberg!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2017, 06:49:10 am »

I'd just like to point out that the NFPP does not represent all Forenians. As a spokesperson for the Moderate Party, let me just say that we will never condone the use of chemical weapons*, and that we condemn the assassination of even our most hated of foes, although not too loudly.
You have our moderate condolences for your loss.

PS: Piracy is a capital offence, and had El Presidente been arrested by Forenian police and put on trial, he would've almost certainly received the death penalty for his part in encouraging international crime. Glory to Forenia.

*Unless lots of people really really want to
Long Live United Forenia!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2017, 12:09:20 pm »

I am unfamiliar with the history of the use of nerve gas in the previous conflict, and I dare not open a history book, lest I loose focus on rockets... no secret police here... who invented that deadly gas.

Anyway, as Nuke9.13 said, he should have ben tried, executed and convicted in a proper Forenian court.  Maybe in that order?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2017, 12:21:30 pm »

Prediction time: The introduction of marijuana would remove the riots that damage the economy from Forenia, but cause hippies to show up, and getting the "against the grain" president will improve Canalla's image to the Allies so they help solve the Red Rot problem while introducing racial tensions that will kick off internal rebellions and civil rights movements.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2017, 12:25:22 pm »

Riots don't damage the economy!  They keep builders employed.  Do you want the 40% of our workforce that keeps rebuilding things every week to be out of work?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2017, 12:35:21 pm »

Marijuana decreasing riots would make me want to vote against it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2017, 12:39:13 pm »

The NFPP wholly supports the marijuana ban: Pacifism is unforenian and who knows what those hippies would suggest next, like reducing the amount of guns forenians can have or stopping the war for such silly things like 'peace'. Not to mention that marijuana is cannalan, and we can't have those filthy pirates degenerating the youth of the nation like that!

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2017, 12:10:22 pm »

The FSP supports a ban on marijuana as well. In the first place, anything Cannalan should be treated with some degree of suspicion, and the fact that it is the Peace (with Cannala!) Party proposing to legalise this drug can only mean it is a Cannalan plot to sap our precious bodily fluids national will to fight! Say No To Weed!

United Forenia Forever!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2017, 12:50:07 pm »

Forenian Radio Network: Proudly bringing you the news since yesterday last week
Nadim Mazin: "Hello, and welcome to the midday show broadcast. I'm your host, Nadim Mazin. Today the big story in the news is once again the 'devil' plant, Cannabis, also known as Marijuana or weed. Noted for it's port of origin being Cannalan, the drug has developed a virulent cult using a political party as a front for these evil machinations, known as the Peace party."

"Now, the peace party 'claims' it only advocates peace yet to all of us Forenians, from Arstotzkans and Moskurgan to the Juraki refugees settling in and the various other ethnic groups that have immigrated to our fine nation, full well know that this is a whole load of lies and with the aid of cannabis they intend to completely destroy the national traditions that all Forenians follow, in the name of this horrific philosophy known as Pacifism."

"We are all familiar with this philosophy of pacifism. It advocates non violence and disarmament and generally avoiding war, all things Forenians everywhere can, should and will refute as being utterly unforenian. We did not shy away from conflict with each other, the british empire, the communists and now the Republic of Cannala. We have never backed down from a fight, no matter the reasons for it. However, the Cannalans are an insidious enemy, using the peace party and their platform for pacifism to bring the war to end in their favour. "

"To this, I say no. As Forenians, we fight on. Our brave troops are soundly repulsing and pushing the enemy back onto their lands, looking sleek and modern all the while, a feat accomplished by standing together and working together, holding the line from the factories to the front and standing up to the vile Cannalans and their despicable barbarity. To keep this going we must resist influences of the likes of the peace party and the cannabis they are pushing. Write to your local MP and tell them how they can keep the nation together and working that little bit more by asking them to ban cannabis."

"Now, to Baki Halim with the weather..."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:56:42 pm by Taricus »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2017, 04:17:43 pm »

Some anarchists agree that it is wrong to ban anything, and thus side with the government's freedom to ban whatever they want.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2017, 08:22:46 pm »

Riots don't damage the economy!

Actually, I think Sensei has said that the Riots on Forenia were a way to damage the economy in order to balance the Forenian economy with the damage caused by the Red Rot upon the Canallan economy.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:32 pm »

That doesn't make any sense, though, because riots weren't Sensei's creation, they were ours. Perhaps you were thinking of the nationalist violence?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2017, 09:20:58 pm »

That doesn't make any sense, though, because riots weren't Sensei's creation, they were ours. Perhaps you were thinking of the nationalist violence?

I think he integrated the nationalist violence and the riots together, as I believe we extrapolated the latter from the former.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2017, 09:35:07 pm »

The rioting came before the nationalist violence in the reports because the rioting culture came before the first report of the game; he wrote that the riots got more violent but never actually used the riots as a means of damaging the economy.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:37 am »

Nationalist-related violence is still a problem, but the riots have mostly led to a booming industry in safety glass, as well as standardized window sizes so you can pick up a new window at the store and fit it in yourself without hiring a glazier.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22