Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592792 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Fall 1943 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #5895 on: April 18, 2018, 02:15:26 pm »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: April 18, 2018, 02:23:58 pm »

Quote from: Revision
TPD 'Leviathan' 43 (1) 10ebbor10
UF-HMG-43 "War Horse": (2) NAV, Kashyyk
UF-RJ-43 'Fair Fight Module' Pattern B: (2) eS, PM
UF-SPMRL-42 "Macross" Pattern A: (1) Zanzetkuken
UF-MRL-43 'SARUKH 2: SARUKH SMARTER': (0)
UF-FT-43 "Conflagrator": (0)
Steal Cannalan missile: (3) Andrea, helmacon, QuakeIV

Really need the SARUKH upgrade to a truck rather than on a cart, in my opinion.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: April 18, 2018, 02:31:58 pm »

I would rather take the 150mm cannon from our cruiser, slap it on either the bjorn or T33 hull. Make a new self propelled artillery. That would be a much bigger improvement than transferring the Sarukh from a trailer to a truck.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:34:29 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: April 18, 2018, 02:37:04 pm »

I would rather take the 150mm cannon from our cruiser, slap it on either the bjorn or T33 hull. Make a new self propelled gun. That would be a much bigger improvement than transferring the Sarukh from a trailer to a truck.

Standalone, it would double the size of bombardment, and if you attach the old SARUKH, it would be triple, while requiring less setup time after getting it into position.  Further, while it would admitedly be less accurate, it would allow for mobile SARUKH bombardment.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: April 18, 2018, 02:43:07 pm »

It's not going to double or triple the size of the bombardement.

Designs that share the same niche don't double available forces. Otherwise we could paint all our tanks red to double our armored contingents. Sarukh is cheap, which means we have as many Sarukhs as we need.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: April 18, 2018, 02:47:36 pm »

It's not going to double or triple the size of the bombardement.

Designs that share the same niche don't double available forces. Otherwise we could paint all our tanks red to double our armored contingents. Sarukh is cheap, which means we have as many Sarukhs as we need.

The Macross has a 8x2 rail system.  Our existing SARUKH only has a 4x2.  How is that not doubling to size of a bombardment, with the SARUKH being able to be added on a hitch to create a triple (since total of 12x2 worth of rails)?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: April 18, 2018, 02:53:27 pm »

The Macross has a 8x2 rail system.  Our existing SARUKH only has a 4x2.  How is that not doubling to size of a bombardment, with the SARUKH being able to be added on a hitch to create a triple (since total of 12x2 worth of rails)?

Because we already use missiles as much as needed. So, rather than 20 Sarukh's in an artillery formation, there'll be only 10.

No increase in bombardment capacity.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: April 18, 2018, 02:56:39 pm »

Because we already use missiles as much as needed. So, rather than 20 Sarukh's in an artillery formation, there'll be only 10.

No increase in bombardment capacity.

If you could have fit 20 before and 10 can now do the job, you can now fit 10 more into a position.  Double capacity.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: April 18, 2018, 02:57:45 pm »

That is not how the Expense system works.

Anyway, if you have any evidence from any of the battle reports that we're running out of places to park our trucks, then you may have a point. I doubt you'll find anything.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: April 18, 2018, 03:05:23 pm »

UF-RJ-43 'Fair Fight Module' Pattern B: (2) eS, PM
UF-SPMRL-43 "Macross" Pattern A: (1) Zanzetkuken
Steal Cannalan Hellfire missile, UF-GAM-43 'Piracy Warning': (4) Andrea, helmacon, QuakeIV, Madman

Here's my reasoning:
We've tried it before, maybe, MAYBE, it'll be a bit easier. If it works, next turn we ought to be able to REVISE it into an antitank missile. Cannalan tanks run really hot, they use literal jet aircraft engines. We should be able to fire into the thoroughly-burned and rained-on remains of the jungle to kill their tanks.

Yes, I know, I retroactively named the missile in the vote. Sue me, or vote for a different name, because it needs one, according to last turn anyway.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: April 18, 2018, 03:06:11 pm »

That is not how the Expense system works.

Anyway, if you have any evidence from any of the battle reports that we're running out of places to park our trucks, then you may have a point. I doubt you'll find anything.

It's not how the Expense side of the system works, but if we only dealt with expense, then there would be no difference between a 100mm cannon with a rate of fire of 10 shells per minute and cannon with a rate of fire of 20 shells per minute.

It's the Jungle.  While we are burning a lot, it's not like there isn't vegetation everywhere blocking stuff.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: April 18, 2018, 03:24:22 pm »

To me the macross doesn't sound like an improvement in rate of fire. It still reloads at the same pace... The advantage would be in concentrated fire. Presumably the one launcher is launching over a smaller area than multiple launchers, given the effects of fine differences in angle over long distances. But still, more concentration of fire would be gained from better flight characteristics, and even more still from guidance. This seems like something to do after getting the missile rather than before...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: April 18, 2018, 03:28:22 pm »

Also cheap isn't as many of something as we need, its as many as we have troops to crew. If the same size crew can use 3X the rockets, then that's 3x the rockets.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: April 18, 2018, 03:30:30 pm »

Also cheap isn't as many of something as we need, its as many as we have troops to crew. If the same size crew can use 3X the rockets, then that's 3x the rockets.
Which is more concentration of fire, but the same crew can only-
I wonder if we can make an autoloader. To reload all the missiles at once. Like they do with revolvers...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: April 18, 2018, 03:35:21 pm »

UF-RJ-43 'Fair Fight Module' Pattern B: (3) eS, PM, Jilladilla
UF-SPMRL-43 "Macross" Pattern A: (1) Zanzetkuken
Steal Cannalan Hellfire missile, UF-GAM-43 'Piracy Warning': (4) Andrea, helmacon, QuakeIV, Madman

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 500