Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591150 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1940 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #2595 on: May 24, 2017, 09:17:55 pm »

Quote from: Strategy and Local Events Vote
Attack the Jungle (7): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler
Attack the Plains (7): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler
~~~
Leave Weed Legal (8): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel
DELEGALIZE DEVIL WEED (7): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV
1 Ban intoxicating beverages other than Arak and combinations of Arak and vodka: RAM
Updated for the declarations of support that another two people had yet didn't actually vote for :V
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: May 24, 2017, 10:12:00 pm »

Attack the Jungle (7): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler
Attack the Plains (7): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler
~~~
Formally legalise marijuana (8 ): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel
Formaly criminalise marijuana (7): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV
1 Ban intoxicating beverages other than Arak and combinations of Arak and vodka: RAM
Updated for the declarations of support that another two people had yet didn't actually vote for :V
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: May 24, 2017, 10:18:21 pm »

I feel like the 8) was actualy quite appropriate for the legalize weed counter in the vote box.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: May 24, 2017, 10:22:33 pm »

I feel like we should keep the sunglasses emoji in votes because sunglasses are a symbol of forenia and 8 is a pretty high number for a vote to reach which means it is deserving of that symbol of forenia.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: May 25, 2017, 12:08:21 am »

Attack the Jungle (6): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro
Attack the Plains (6): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro
~~~
Leave Weed Legal (5): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner
Outlaw Weed (1): Azzuro

Going against the grain here. DEATH PENALTY FOR WEED SMUGGLING >.< No mercy for Cannalan sympathisers!

P.S. Equivalent to the engine thrust of the Haast is pretty insane. Since we have two engines, that's twice the thrust, and since the Thunderbird is undoubtedly lighter than the Haast, that may be 3-4 times faster acceleration. That would also put its top speed well into the transonic range, assuming it is relatively low-drag.
If you're thinking about estimating its speed compared to historical aircraft, you should keep in mind that the Haast still runs on 87 octane fuel and hasn't got the benefit of technologies like variable-pitch propellers, so it's not as powerful or fast as a late-war V12 pistol engine.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: May 25, 2017, 01:18:34 am »

keep in mind that the Haast still runs on 87 octane fuel
Vote Fatbird today for the octane revolution of tomorrow!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: May 25, 2017, 01:21:06 am »

Attack the Jungle (8): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13
Attack the Plains (8): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13
~~~
Formally legalise marijuana (8): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel
Formaly criminalise marijuana (8): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV, NUKE9.13

Being half Dutch, I feel like I probably should be voting to legalise weed... but in game, it does seem to cause brain damage. People smoking weed started a PEACE PARTY. In FORENIA. They are clearly insane.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: May 25, 2017, 01:34:36 am »

Considering it encourages creativity, I'd say let it be legal.  We've always had our own special brand of nut-jobs, and the fact that they're smokin' the reefer doesn't mean it caused them to be that way.  People coming up with new ideas (like smaller rockets) is a good thing, even if they are impractical.  Smaller rockets would certainly have their own brand of usefulness.  Besides, the last thing we want is an illegal drug trade - if it's legal, we can at least tax it and regulate it.  Who knows, we might get an expense credit out of it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: May 25, 2017, 02:30:54 am »

I'm pretty sure the PwC party came before the weed.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: May 25, 2017, 02:35:24 am »

I'm pretty sure the PwC party came before the weed.
Which came first, the weed or the weeds?
Read the First Post!

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: May 25, 2017, 03:19:27 am »

It will be interesting to see the consequences of this. I would have to imagine that they are in the same ballpark as the Cannalan's event, and they have to pick a new president!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: May 25, 2017, 03:32:36 am »

~~~
Formally legalise marijuana (8 ): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel
Formaly criminalise marijuana (8): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV, VoidSlayer

No devil weed!  Until we do some more studies of course.  Like where it comes from!

Got to be moderate in our forced moderation.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: May 25, 2017, 03:40:39 am »

Attack the Jungle (8): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13
Attack the Plains (8): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13
~~~
Formally legalise marijuana (8): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel
Formaly criminalise marijuana (9): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV, NUKE9.13, VoidSlayer
You ate my votes :/
Long Live United Forenia!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: May 25, 2017, 06:08:19 am »

Attack the Jungle (9): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13, Khan Boyzitbig
Attack the Plains (9): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13, Khan Boyzitbig
~~~
Formally legalise marijuana (9): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel, Khan Boyzitbig
Formaly criminalise marijuana (9): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV, NUKE9.13, VoidSlayer
If its legal it can be controlled. Do I need to remind people about the Prohibition about 20 years ago?

(If its illegal only criminals will benefit and it will cost us in the long run more to stop the criminals than to control its use)
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: May 25, 2017, 06:15:48 am »

People coming up with new ideas (like smaller rockets) is a good thing, even if they are impractical.

SMALLER ROCKETS?!?! What's next, smaller guns, smaller ships, smaller planes? Next thing you know, the Peace Weed Cannala Party will be signing the surrender agreement to make a smaller Forenia! Don't let this happen, ban weed today!

United Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 500