Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592513 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1939 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #1785 on: May 15, 2017, 03:07:17 pm »

So, the question is, do we use our revision to turn this into something actualy useful?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 15, 2017, 03:08:18 pm »

Runways on land should be fine, but it will need a little help to take off from the Wasp, or for you to switch to a slightly larger carrier.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 15, 2017, 03:08:26 pm »

Von Braun, you're useless! Useless I say!
Forenia like "here's our big fuckoff fighter, designed excellently by incredible Forenian air skills" and we get a 6 and Von Braun storms in like "how the fuck do I plane lol" and gets a 1.

This is useful. Talk to Kot about it helmacon lol.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 15, 2017, 03:09:20 pm »

That should fill the requisite niche of 'big powerful fighter to augment smaller more plentiful fighters'

Anyway, revision time. We know both our attack targets this turn (same as last), so we need some land tech (and not a lander right now).

We could try to fix the ERA. If it works it would increase the survivability of our tanks considerably. Though other (land based) suggestions are welcome.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 15, 2017, 03:10:41 pm »

It is useful.  It's a stinger that's more survivable.

When we build a new carrier with a longer deck and a catapult, it will fit in nicely.  Double torpedos, high storage capacity, AA survivability, it's fine.  Hell, the folding wings alone means it will improve our naval capacity this turn.  It may benefit from an improved engine at some point, but at least we have superchargers now.  We got everything our over-ambitious design asked for.

Revise ERA to not be crap.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:12:25 pm by evictedSaint »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 15, 2017, 03:13:21 pm »

6 on a very hard *evil laugh*

Instead of developing ERA for all tanks we better upgrade our heavy tank and try to include optional ERA designed just for this tank. After all reactive armor can't be used on light armor anyway
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 15, 2017, 03:15:18 pm »

The new fighter can function perfectly well as a fighter without the bombs, we just need two different load outs for two different purposes.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 15, 2017, 03:18:37 pm »

I CALLLED IT! I CALLED IT YOU BASTARDS! YOU FOOLS! WE SHOULD HAVE SAVED THE RESEARCH CREDIT!!!! Okay but in all Lack ofseriousness, PROJECT BLOOD EAGLE 2 EXPLOSIVE BOOGALO
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 15, 2017, 03:19:50 pm »

Revision:
AS-RPG39-B - A heavier rocket propelled grenade based off the AS-RPG28-A with more fuel and streamlined aerodynamics to allow much further flight and accuracy.  The goal is to at least double the effective range.

Let's take down their tanks with our infantry.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1794 on: May 15, 2017, 03:22:44 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Finish Project Blood Eagle (Fix ERA): (1) GUNINANRUNIN

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 15, 2017, 03:24:37 pm »

Finish Project Blood Eagle (Fix ERA): (2) GUNINANRUNIN,Khan Boyzitbig

Unless something else takes my fancy I would say negate enemy AT at all (reasonable) costs.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 15, 2017, 03:25:20 pm »

Deep wading- Project Tauchpanzer They have vehicles that float and can therefore cross rivers. Nice, perhaps simple... but why mix a vehicle and a boat? vehicles are made to have wheels on the ground.
Some rubber in the openings, a bit of waterproofing. Add a long, flexible rubber hose with a floating buoy on the end supplied the engine and crew with air and then no river will be an obstacle anymore.  The rubber hose should be able to be camouflaged as river weeds and should be fairly long, perhaps even up to 15 meters

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 15, 2017, 03:26:08 pm »

In all seriousness, this could possibly be one of the best planes in the world.  High survivability, carrier deployable, high bomb load, self-sealing fuel tanks, O2 regulators, folding wings, supercharged V12 (we will need to sit down and just flat-out build a better engine at some point), retracting landing gear,...this thing is almost perfect.

It needs some tlc to make it a better fighter, though.  We should invest in higher octane fuels, a better engine...those two should be enough to put it on the bleeding edge of aircraft tech for the next few years.  But for the moment it will do fine.  ERA is definitely worth investing in this turn.

Finish Project Blood Eagle (Fix ERA): (3) GUNINANRUNIN,Khan Boyzitbig, evictedSaint
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:29:10 pm by evictedSaint »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 15, 2017, 03:28:33 pm »

Let's take down their tanks with our infantry.
Their tanks aren't the problem, their Raiders are.

...I'm not 100% sure about the ERA. I mean;
Quote from: Discord
NUKE9.13 - Today at 9:26 PM
Hey, Sensei, would the ERA be easier if we try it again?
Sensei - Today at 9:26 PM
Maybe!
NUKE9.13 - Today at 9:26 PM
Dang it. That's the answer I was expecting.
That being said, I'm not sure what else could really give us a leg up over the Cannalans on land.
Long Live United Forenia!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 15, 2017, 03:29:32 pm »

Deep wading- Project Tauchpanzer They have vehicles that float and can therefore cross rivers. Nice, perhaps simple... but why mix a vehicle and a boat? vehicles are made to have wheels on the ground.
Some rubber in the openings, a bit of waterproofing. Add a long, flexible rubber hose with a floating buoy on the end supplied the engine and crew with air and then no river will be an obstacle anymore.  The rubber hose should be able to be camouflaged as river weeds and should be fairly long, perhaps even up to 15 meters
Definitely this! More mobile tanks will help us more now than better armoured tanks.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 500