Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592056 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1938 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #630 on: May 05, 2017, 03:08:19 pm »

I struggled for a while deciding the ore cost, but I decided that being unarmored and without turrets should allow it to be larger for the same cost as, say, the Cannalan Kalmar. Possibly I should tweak it up to 3 oil but that doesn't make a practical dideference at this time.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 05, 2017, 03:16:57 pm »

Yeah, it's going to be cheap in two turns regardless of what the cannalans do. They best batten down the hatdched because that fleet of their's is getting bombed and Cortez is gonna be pushed into retirement for that embarrassment.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 05, 2017, 03:24:09 pm »

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (6) evictedSaint, Andrea, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237
HF-32b 'Stinger': (0)
UF-AT-38 'Pelican': (0)
PA-38 "Tiger 2" Personnel Armor: (0)

YES CARRIER.
Now then, we REALLY badly need the ability to kill ships, then we move on from here. Next turn, we design a transport AND accompanying landing craft (That extra roll increases our success chance, and I think we should use it to get away with being ambitious) and revamp our best fighter. At least, that's what I recommend.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 05, 2017, 03:26:04 pm »

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (6) evictedSaint, Andrea, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237
HF-32b 'Stinger': (1), Taricus
Right, we've got the carrier. Now we need to ensure the key to victory, the air, is not lost to the cannalans!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 05, 2017, 03:29:57 pm »

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (5) evictedSaint, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237
HF-32b 'Stinger': (2), Taricus, Andrea

AFter a bit of thinking, I changed my vote.
The only battleground where we are fighting , the jungle, is not influenced at all by their current level of naval dominance. Our resource capacity due to being rounded up is not affected either.
However, the jungle battleground is decided by air and air is where they will likely focus due to the great losses we inflicted last turn. Therefore, it is imperative to keep our edge.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 05, 2017, 03:34:09 pm »

That price does seem ridiculous.  It's what, fifteen times bigger than the destroyer, and costs all of one more ore?

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 05, 2017, 03:34:48 pm »

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (6) evictedSaint, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237, Lightforger
HF-32b 'Stinger': (2), Taricus, Andrea

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 05, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »

Just remember, without a torpedo revamp, that carrier has done almost nothing for us. We need more killing power. It's about to become cheap, let's make it kill more, faster, NOW.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 05, 2017, 03:47:24 pm »

AFter a bit of thinking, I changed my vote.
The only battleground where we are fighting , the jungle, is not influenced at all by their current level of naval dominance. Our resource capacity due to being rounded up is not affected either.
However, the jungle battleground is decided by air and air is where they will likely focus due to the great losses we inflicted last turn. Therefore, it is imperative to keep our edge.
Hmm. You actually have a point there. We will be fighting on the same two fronts this turn, so yeah, we won't really need the naval advantage (or lack of disadvantage). Fair enough, I'll vote for fixing the plane.

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (5) evictedSaint, Azzuro, Stabby, Madman198237, Lightforger
HF-32b 'Stinger': (3), Taricus, Andrea, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 05, 2017, 03:48:30 pm »

Our bombers are effective enough without the torpedoes, and more to the point our HFs are presumably capable of lifting those torpedoes too. If they're more effective they'll definitely help out on the carriers.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 05, 2017, 03:51:08 pm »

No, the HF can only lift 200 kg payload, not enough for torpedoes. It is primarily a fighter and torpedoes are heavy. Can definitely carry other bombs however.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 05, 2017, 03:54:23 pm »

Well, they'll suffice for suppressing the AA with firecrackers. That alone makes our bombers that much more effective since they don't have to worry about being shot.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 05, 2017, 03:58:38 pm »

But the torpedoes themselves cannot damage the largest hostile vessels, because they use decent torpedo belts. A revision to allow magnetic detonation will get torpedoes blowing underneath their ships, cracking keels and utterly destroying them.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 05, 2017, 04:02:24 pm »

Sure, but this turn we don't gain absolutely anything from killing their navy. massive advantage to them or massive to us, in the current battlegrounds it makes no difference. May change next turn, but next turn is next turn.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 05, 2017, 04:06:02 pm »

We would benefit more from a dedicated new fighter design than we would from a revised one.  And since the HF 32 is already doing its job it strikes me as redundant to spend this revision on it.  We should instead be using the revision to fix something that is NOT doing its job, like the Dolphin.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 500