Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592496 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1938 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #435 on: May 03, 2017, 10:14:37 pm »

I'm liking the bomb idea but I don't think it will help much with the naval thing. They won't sink ships, but they might disable a smaller ship if they got lucky.

You know, assuming they could fly between islands, a heavy transport plane could be really good. Planes are really inefficient for moving freight compared to ships, but at the same time they're REALLY fast in comparison and can't be harassed by surface ships. They probably wouldn't influence TC, but it would be great for strategically airlifting troops and equipment to help keep the front strong even if all our supply ships don't survive.

Just wanted to throw that idea out there for the future.

The problem is that they go in REALLY CLOSE to the guys they want to kill. There's no DZ a ways away from the objective, you gotta drop ON the objective. Also, islands are notorious for having more trees then clear space, or similar issues. Not to mention higher winds in oceanic areas.
Judging by how the climate changes drastically without leaving Forenia, I think these islands are WAY bigger than you think they are. Like probably roughly the size of Great Britain. I guess the other islands might be quite small but it's hard to say since the map is not to scale.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:16:56 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 03, 2017, 11:19:29 pm »

I'm liking the bomb idea but I don't think it will help much with the naval thing. They won't sink ships, but they might disable a smaller ship if they got lucky.

They may not sink ships, but they do clear the decks to eliminate AA, allowing for planes with bombs and torpedoes that can sink the ships to get in close in greater numbers.  Plus, we might get the occasional lucky shot from a HEAT cluster or a fire started by an Incendiary could cook off some of their ship's ammunition, allowing us to cripple or sink a few ships.

Still, their job is not to sink ships.  Theirs is to disable ships so the ones that can sink ships have an easier time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 03, 2017, 11:31:55 pm »

UFS-BL-38-A 'Firecracker'
A small HEAT 2.5kg four finned bomblet roughly 60mm in diameter designed to be dropped in large clusters, defeating heavy armor and infantry. Most of the design time was spent creating a number of muti-bomb pods designed to be used on fighter bomb mounts. The bomblets have modest accuracy letting our fighters keep a decent distance above their targets and still have a respectable hit-ratio. Not only can they ravage a column of tanks with ease the massive number of small HEAT impacts can easily light fires or set off ammo when used against ships. An incendiary version is also available and able to be used to great effect against any ships with mostly wooden decks or enemies hiding out in the jungle.

Easy: 6
UFS-BL-38-A 'Firecracker':
This bunch of letters followed by a word denotes a 2.5kg finned bomblet, with a either a HEAT+Fragment warhead, or an incendiary warhead. These come in pods of 100 which fit on standard bomb mounts, and release their bomblets at an experimentally-determined altitude which causes them to cover a 50 meter square with roughly one bomb every 5 meters- enough to hit a group of armor, or more forgiving of error than a single 250kg bomb when trying to hit a single target.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1938 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #438 on: May 03, 2017, 11:40:14 pm »

Sweet, works just how we want it to.

Quote from: Strategy
1 - Push North and South Lines: evictedSaint

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 03, 2017, 11:57:52 pm »

Love the smell of a 6 in the morning.

2 - Push North and South Lines: evictedSaint, Hibou

Seems reasonable, we're gaining on their navy but not to the point that we could challenge those islands.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 04, 2017, 12:08:41 am »

Perhaps I'm over valuing our new navy but, I really hoping we can take back a chuck of the archipelago and stop them form get anymore resources. Also we did well in the desert and we just made something for the jungle so high hopes there as well.

2 - Push North and South Lines: evictedSaint, Hibou
1 - Attack Middle and Top: Lightforger
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:10:31 am by Light forger »

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 04, 2017, 12:09:56 am »

Woops double post.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 04, 2017, 12:11:46 am »

Push Contested Northern Jungle/Desert Island and the British Tundra Island

This is no lunacy by which this is suggested.  You see that island?  Capturing it will make the B2 Destroyer, the MAT26, the HF-23, and the HF-32 all Cheap rather than Expensive, the HAFB and the AS-T33 merely Expensive rather than Very Expensive, and the Death Ball will reduce in cost from National Effort to Very Expensive.

Imagine how terrifying our army will become with all of that...and it only a mere guaranteed three turns away, with two turns of guaranteed victory and a mere single turn of waiting...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:13:22 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 04, 2017, 12:20:28 am »

Man, I really don't wanna piss off the Allies, but... those resources man, those RESOURCES. All those things becoming much less expensive, I can't resist. We'll just have to appease the shit out of them later.
Push the Northern Desert/Jungle Island and the British Tundra Island.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 04, 2017, 12:21:34 am »

Perhaps I'm over valuing our new navy but, I really hoping we can take back a chuck of the archipelago

ahahahahaaahahhhaaaaaaaaahahaaha

1 - Push North and South Lines: Hibou
3 - Attack British Tundra Island: evictedSaint, Zanzetkuken, Powder

Actually, this is a better idea

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 04, 2017, 12:35:34 am »

Man, I really don't wanna piss off the Allies, but... those resources man, those RESOURCES. All those things becoming much less expensive, I can't resist. We'll just have to appease the shit out of them later.

At worst, we can ally with the Soviets, causing us to backdoor our way into the Allies when Hitler invades the Soviet Union.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 04, 2017, 01:09:16 am »

At worst, we can ally with the Soviets, causing us to backdoor our way into the Allies when Hitler invades the Soviet Union.
this^

3 - Attack British Tundra Island: evictedSaint, Zanzetkuken, Powder, helmacon
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 04, 2017, 01:22:15 am »

4 - Attack British Tundra Island: evictedSaint, Zanzetkuken, Powder, helmacon,andrea

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 04, 2017, 02:02:34 am »

6 - Attack Northern Jungle & British Tundra Island: evictedSaint, Zanzetkuken, Powder, helmacon, andrea, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 04, 2017, 05:27:33 am »

7 - Attack Northern Jungle & British Tundra Island: evictedSaint, Zanzetkuken, Powder, helmacon, andrea, NUKE9.13, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 500