Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591011 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1944 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #6555 on: July 06, 2018, 01:08:48 am »

misunderstood how it worked with radar.
It would be exceedingly helpful if you were to elaborate upon precisely what the deviations consist of.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: July 06, 2018, 03:43:53 am »

That was done in the Discord. That said, since we didn't really build shit for the jungle I was gonna suggest we not go for it anyway. Vlanlados and Titan seems like a smart option to me.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: July 06, 2018, 03:34:45 pm »

Some of you may want to actually make some strategy votes...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: July 06, 2018, 04:00:53 pm »

You said you were going to take a second look at the design, and we need to know what's up with that before making a decision.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: July 06, 2018, 04:19:46 pm »

Right, fair enough.

Quote from: Revision
UF-SPAAS-44 "Sewing Machine"

The Sewing Machine is essentially another revision of the Velociraptor autocannon, based on the VVF version, this time lengthening the barrels significantly, making them water-cooled and quad-linking them together for higher fire rate of at least 3000 rounds per minute.
The weapon is mounted in a special powered (to make very fast turns possible) mount that's either available as a separate trailer, mounted on Artemis trucks or instead of a Salamander turret, with any armour on the gun being a secondary concern. It should also be mounted on ships (and other anti-aircraft places that need it) were applicable, most notably on destroyers where they would also be useful against enemy torpedo boats.
The mounting itself should contain a system that somewhat resembles the Long Shot guidance, except adapted for anti-air use, where the gun can be linked to an external radar , either static, carried by another truck or ship-based one, which will make acquiring, tracking and destroying enemy targets much easier, but the gun is also possible to aim by hand.
The ammuniton itself should also be revised to maximize penetration on AP and also include proximity fuzes on fragmentation rounds.

Very hard: 1
UF-SPAAS-44 "Sewing Machine":
The Sewing Machine is a quad-mount turret for Velociraptor guns, mounted on an Artemis truck. A second truck carries a radar array which can control the gun (through hydraulic motors) based on a system similar to the Longshot. Like the Longshot, the control over the motors isn't terribly precise, and it's especially not precise enough to aim at aircraft. For this reason it's controlled manually by a gunner, the automatic-aim system moves the entire gunner seat and the gunner aims relative to where the radar is pointing the run, trying to estimate for lead and drop as well as general inaccuracy. Unfortunately this is quite hard to do. At least gunners get Horsekiller-style optical sights to help them out. [Complex] [4 Ore, 2 Oil]

Alright, the main complaint people had was I didn't make good consideration for wording "The mounting itself should contain a system that somewhat resembles the Long Shot guidance, except adapted for anti-air use, where the gun can be linked to an external radar" and also the choice of 30mm VVF style guns.

I'll change it so that A) it includes the larger guns, but costs 1 more Ore and B) the radar is optional, but still requires a specialized second radar truck. It cannot be used with just any radar. Considering the 1 roll, I'm afraid you're still going to have to miss out on the Salamander version. The new description follows:

UF-SPAAS-44 "Sewing Machine": [Expensive] if using radar, [Cheap] otherwise. The Sewing Machine is a quad-mount turret for 30mm Velociraptor guns, mounted on an Artemis truck. An optional second truck carries a radar array which can control the gun (through hydraulic motors) based on a system similar to the Longshot. Like the Longshot, the control over the motors isn't terribly precise, and it's especially not precise enough to aim at aircraft. For this reason it's controlled manually by a gunner, the automatic-aim system moves the entire gunner seat and the gunner aims relative to where the radar is pointing the run, trying to estimate for lead and drop as well as general inaccuracy. Unfortunately this is quite hard to do. At least gunners get Horsekiller-style optical sights to help them out. When the radar is not in use, the gun can simply be aimed manually. [Complex] if using radar. [5 Ore, 2 Oil]
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: July 06, 2018, 05:40:57 pm »

Quote from: Strategy
(1) Vlanlados: eS
(0) Top Lane:
(0) Mid Lane:
(1) Bottom Lane: eS

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: July 06, 2018, 08:47:36 pm »

(2) Vlanlados: eS, NAV
(1) Top Lane: NAV
(0) Mid Lane:
Bottom lane honestly doesn't matter. Titanium is useless. We have a chance of advancing in the jungle, we advanced last turn. If Cannala rolled poorly or made something that's not great in the jungle we will advance there again.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: July 06, 2018, 09:14:12 pm »

(2) Top Lane: NAV, Taricus
(1) Mid Lane: Taricus

Vlanlados doesn't matter. If we keep wasting attacks there to prevent them doing wunderwaffen they WILL win. Not from nukes but by marching troops into our capital.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: July 06, 2018, 09:23:18 pm »

Bottom lane honestly doesn't matter. Titanium is useless. We have a chance of advancing in the jungle, we advanced last turn. If Cannala rolled poorly or made something that's not great in the jungle we will advance there again.
As was pointed out to me in Discord, we advanced because combat was in the *desert*, strange though that may sound. We probably don't have a jungle advantage, though schlepping around trucks loaded with autocannon capable of ripping right through that jungle might change the balance.

(3) Top Lane: NAV, Taricus, Madman
(2) Mid Lane: Taricus, Madman

Vlanlados matters right now because we need to make it a gigantic pain for them to put a nuke into production. If they manage to actually produce a nuke, we probably lose almost instantly. I guess we can take back some of our own territory right now. Might as well get them away from our guts while we can.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: July 06, 2018, 09:24:21 pm »

They need to get the nuke into forenia though. And that will take a bomber that has the range to fly from cannala to Forenia with a full bomb load.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: July 06, 2018, 09:32:49 pm »

Their Vengeful Charlotte bomber might be capable of that. However, it would need to get past our fighters and AA first.
It doesn't have to fly from Cannala to Forenia, just from their closest airfield to Forenia. It's not like Enola Gay flew all the way from United States to bomb Japan.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: July 06, 2018, 09:51:29 pm »

(3) Top Lane: NAV, Taricus, Madman
(3) Mid Lane: Taricus, Madman, eS
(0) Bottom Lane:

Fair point. 

We can't leave Vlanlados alone; we simply can't afford it.  Pushing them off Forenia buys us breathing room, in case they're building better equipment instead of building nukes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: July 06, 2018, 09:54:07 pm »

True Nav, but again, they still have to get past our air force. So if we don't want to get nuked, we need to de-complex our radar and fix the VVF's cheaper version.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: July 06, 2018, 10:00:52 pm »

(3) Vlanlados: eS, NAV, Madman
(2) Top Lane: NAV, Taricus
(3) Mid Lane: Taricus, Madman, eS
(0) Bottom Lane:
Aaaaaaaaaagh the sleep deprivation is getting to me, I meant to pull my vote from the top lane, not from Vlanlados.

Where's Nemonole, I'm making another bid for his title, apparently.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: July 06, 2018, 10:11:49 pm »

It's jungle whether we push top or middle. The question is whether we want to give our desert oil a buffer and come one step closer to gaining the jungle ore, or give our capital a buffer. Considering that losing the oil will lose us the game almost as much as losing our capital, and we are twice as close to losing that oil, I want our buffer on the top lane.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 500