Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591055 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1944 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #6570 on: July 06, 2018, 10:18:54 pm »

We need buffers on both. No way around it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: July 06, 2018, 10:26:31 pm »

Correct. We also need to deny Cannala the ability to harvest uranium and make nukes. I rate it Uranium > Top lane oil > Middle lane capital in terms of urgency.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: July 06, 2018, 10:40:00 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaagh the sleep deprivation is getting to me, I meant to pull my vote from the top lane, not from Vlanlados.

Where's Nemonole, I'm making another bid for his title, apparently.

You what now.
No. The title of 'Most Sleep Deprived' is mine. You can't have it.

Also people, do remember both events for us this turn. Both the contest and the 'How do we react to the Holocaust?' one that's specific to us.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: July 06, 2018, 10:46:56 pm »

Contest Entry:

Interview in Bleeding Gums Pub, August 29th, 1944.
Lance Corporal Nikita Kuznetsov.

- so we're sittings in back of Reckless Effect, buckled in and being rattled like rock in tin can - you know pilot has button that pops all harnesses on plane at once? Well, we fucking did not.  I don't know what happened, maybe pilot slipped, or AAA hits us or whatever, but back door drops out and we all go tumbling out all at once.  I fucking flips over Jibreel - you meet Jibreel, right?  Only paratrooper who drops with Horsekiller.  Horsekiller Mk II, now, since Al-Fahad Home and Safety Firearms got deal with higher-ups.  It is two meter long spear with weight of bear.  Fucking Moskurger.

I go flippings over Jibreel and we tumble out back hooked together, ass-to-ass.  We sink like stone.  I flips over and sees Reckless going up in flames.  Fancy missiles perhaps, or flak charge or something, I don't know, wasn't really concerned with plane at moment because I flips over again and fucking trees are rushings up to meet me. 

You know, priorities.

So I pull chute and Jibreel pulls chute and both our chutes go up and I rack my fucking balls on harness because that dumbass got his leg stuck through one of straps and shifted it.  I'm wheezing and trying not to puke and we're corkscrewing down since chutes are tangled, I thinks.  Didn't get chance to look at it.  I was looking at my crotch and at Raider poking nose through trees.

Now, I knew we were dead.  They don't give us weapons to go up against armor.  I've got couple grenades and SMG, but that not doing diddlysquat when floating down with Can Opener pointed at face.  Game over, man.  Game over.  We spin far enough that it disappears out of view and I go, "great, don't have to watch it killings me".  It's little things in life, no?  Little blessings like that.

Then BLAM!  We get fucking rocked.  First I thinks it was thirty millimeter, blasting through chest without even feelings it.  That's good thing - not how I wants to go, but there are worse.  Whatever hits us sends us spinnings even faster, so I get a glimpse of the Raider for second before spinnings away and BLAM - spinnings even faster. 

That's when I realize Jibreel fucking shouldered his Horsekiller.  BLAM BLAM BLAM - three shots like that, and we're spinnings so fast I can't see.  I puke, yes, whatever.  My balls hurt and we'd been rattled around for past three hours and now we're spinnings.  Big deal.

Anyways, we land hard and get buried under parachutes.  I'm still thinkings we're dead, because there's no way Jibreel hit it and there's no way Raider is goings to sit there and let us slapstick out from under sheets, but nothing comes.  So what, they're goings to take us prisoner?  Fine, Il dig my way out like I did last time.  Cannalan POW camps are joke.

But no, we crawl out and sure enough, three perfect little holes in Raider.  Driver, gunner, and shotgun.  I look at Jibreel and he says - fucking Moskurger - Jibreel just shrugs at me and goes,

"Is good gun."

You wants to know why Forenian paratroopers are best of best?  Because of bullshit like that.  Because anyone else would be dead.  Because any other jackass in uniform wouldn't be driving away from LZ in stolen Raider.  Because no one else on God Damn planet can that botch a drop and comes out on top.

Now get the fucks out of here, I promised to buy bar a round if we lived and I'm not buyings one for a fucking reporter.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:09:38 am by evictedSaint »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: July 07, 2018, 11:54:18 am »

I tried to write something for the contest, but I was utterly uninspired, so take a long word salad instead.

Forenian Tereshokova squadron

The Forenian air force is known as one of the most skilled in the world, for a period reliably pushing victories against superior components. Among the skilled pilots however there is a special squadron, trained by General Tereshkova and bearing her name. Handpicked by the general herself without regard for anything besides skill, aptitude for flight and sheer determination.

Their devotion to the art of flight is without bounds, spending all their waking time either in the airfields tending to their war machines or in the air fighting and training. They know every nut and bolt of the planes they fight, they know their quirks, their needs. Flight comes as natural to them as walking to most other humans, to the point of being referred to as “Wingless Birds” rather than mere humans. But it is not just the extreme and constant training that makes the unit. Inspired by their commander and teacher, who disguised as a man and sacrificed her entire life for Forenian air force, they have an unusual determination when it comes to fights. If you are seeking for a pilot to attempt a suicidal mission (and survive), you are looking for one of the Tereshkova pupils. Looking for some daring feat that only the best would risk? That is them.  Looking for a dutiful pilot that only performs orders as written? Well, look elsewhere.

Being a squadron composed entirely of the best aces, cooperation in the battlefield is sometimes sparse, with each of them trying to show the most complex stunts; In fact, Tereshkova herself rarely flies with them, claiming that there is no way they could keep up when she gives her best (and nobody has taken up the challenge successfully yet). This is compensated by the fact that they are that good. That story about a VVF pilot followed by a missile dropping flares on a Cannalan plane and scoring a kill with the enemy own ammunition? Real. The Haast pilot who flew so low on the surface of the sea to avoid radars that the torpedo on the belly was actually in the water for a good part of the flight? Real. And of course, they were all part of the wingless birds of Tereshkova.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: July 09, 2018, 03:37:28 am »

Quote from: Strategy
(3) Vlanlados: eS, NAV, Madman
(2) Top Lane: NAV, Taricus
(3) Mid Lane: Taricus, Madman, eS
(0) Bottom Lane:

(0) Denounce Nazi's:
(0) Denounce Allegations:
(0) No Comment:
(0) Join Russians:

I hate all these options.  Wish we'd gone Allies.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6576 on: July 09, 2018, 04:25:35 am »

(3) Vlanlados: eS, NAV, Madman
(3) Mid Lane: Taricus, Madman, eS
(0) Bottom Lane:

(0) Denounce Nazi's:
(0) No Comment:
(0) Join Russians:
(1) ARSTOTZKAN REVOLUTION!: Kot
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: July 09, 2018, 04:32:25 am »

(4) Vlanlados: eS, NAV, Madman, Piratejoe
(4) Mid Lane: Taricus, Madman, eS, Piratejoe
(0) Bottom Lane:

(0) Denounce Nazi's:
(1) No Comment (ALLIANCE OF CONVENIENCE): Piratejoe
(0) Join Russians:
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: July 09, 2018, 04:43:22 am »

(0) Bottom Lane:

(0) Denounce Nazi's:
(2) No Comment (ALLIANCE OF CONVENIENCE): Piratejoe, Taricus
(0) Join Russians:
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: July 09, 2018, 08:50:44 am »

(0) Bottom Lane:

(0) Denounce Nazi's:
(2) No Comment (ALLIANCE OF CONVENIENCE): Piratejoe, Taricus
(1) Join Russians: NAV
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6580 on: July 09, 2018, 09:18:08 am »

(0) Bottom Lane:

(1) Denounce Nazi's: Kot
(2) No Comment (ALLIANCE OF CONVENIENCE NAZI SCUM): Piratejoe, Taricus
(2) Join Russians: NAV, Kot
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: July 09, 2018, 10:35:04 am »

(5) Vlanlados: eS, NAV, Madman, Piratejoe, Cnidaros
(3) Top Lane: NAV, Taricus, Cnidaros
(0) Bottom Lane:

(3) Join Russians: NAV, Kot, Cnidaros

Why did you all vote to join the Nazis anyway? I mean, unless Sensei went completely off-the-rails and allowed us to invent ICBMs there's pretty much no amount of tech that we could give them to make them win.

If we join the Russians, at least some of the world won't cheer if/when Cannala nukes us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: July 09, 2018, 12:29:17 pm »

For the latter, I say we do this:

Response Plan Alpha
Announce a desire to send an official team of multiple of the least bribeable investigators to Germany, if the ships they travel upon can be guaranteed not to be attacked by the Allies (Mainly through reining in Canalla.  Remember, we aren't at war with the Allied nations, only Canalla), in order to directly investigate every single site of the camps and report back what they find with inclusion of photographic evidence.  If a guarantee cannot be made, then send out the statement along the lines of 'we denounce this if it is true, but we currently do not have enough information to say if it is or not despite our suspicions.'  Exception to this latter bit: Request the Allies give us copies of all the information they found, and use that in the same way as directly found evidence (ie. break the alliance.)  Ask for it anyway if the investigators can get through.

Unannounced response info: On arrival, if the Germans do not let the investigators go to the locations in the order of the investigators' choosing, the alliance will be immediately broken.  If not heard back once they reach Germany, the alliance is broken.  If it reaches the point past all those where evidence is able to be sent back revealing the Holocaust with word from the investigators as to the truth, the alliance is broken.  If the evidence makes it back, the alliance is broken.

In all cases where the Alliance is broken, join up with the Russians with the gift of the plans for our most modern jets and the Piracy Warning to increase odds of an alliance, and to get ore through them as fast as possible.

-------------

Yeah, it's pretty much 'join the Russians', but we can pick up proof that can be later used to stop Holocaust deniers.

(0) Bottom Lane:

(3) Join Russians: NAV, Kot, Cnidaros
(1) Response Plan Alpha: Zanzetkuken
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:41:08 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: July 09, 2018, 12:48:43 pm »

I am locking in the votes for which lanes to attack, but you will have a little more time to decide how to address the other issues.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: July 09, 2018, 01:36:31 pm »

(0) Bottom Lane:

(2) Denounce Nazi's: Kot, eS
(4) Join Russians: NAV, Kot, Cnidaros, eS
(1) Response Plan Alpha: Zanzetkuken