Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 590691 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1941 (Design Phase)
« Reply #4530 on: July 02, 2017, 06:25:10 am »

Basically, we are choosing between 2 memes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: July 02, 2017, 06:29:01 am »

The Turbohaast isn't going to really help in the jungle though, especially as Ebbor has pointed out that the incendiary firecracker isn't going to be as useful this turn. Might be the turn to crack out (N)ERA or a new tank.

Of course, I'd prefer to take our espionage action first: The 'Victoria Class' is much to good a prize to leave that action until last.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: July 02, 2017, 06:30:29 am »

ATGM! ATGM! ATGM!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: July 02, 2017, 06:32:07 am »

* Taricus whacks Sheb with a rolled-up newspaper

No :V

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: July 02, 2017, 06:35:01 am »

But it would greatly, greatly help. Give use plenty of experience that will help everything.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: July 02, 2017, 06:43:40 am »

It'll give us experience, but it won't help. It WILL be an impossible tech; none of the majors developed it until after WW2. A more practical design will get us experience & actually deliver something useful.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: July 02, 2017, 07:23:25 am »

I say we use the espionage credit to steal their radar and targeting systems this turn then make a full battleship next turn.  The smaller system will allow us to make submarines and better rockets as well.  We clearly do not know how to make radar without outside help...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: July 02, 2017, 07:26:28 am »

Their radar isn't so much better that it's worth an espionage credit. If they had cavity magnetrons, maybe.

Is using the espionage credit immediately even an option? Don't we have to wait until the strategy phase to use it?
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: July 02, 2017, 07:34:49 am »

Stealing their battleship should in theory give us better ship design, radar targeting, smaller radar and a ship on par with theirs rather than a number of years behind.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: July 02, 2017, 07:37:35 am »

Yeah, It'd massively help us in the one field we're lagging behind in.

Besides, it'd be funny to run around with Victoria's that are merely expensive compared to their VE version. The salt /that/ will generate :3

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: July 02, 2017, 07:39:47 am »

I imagine Sensei will slap us with a "foreign measurements" complex tag, but still it would be easier for us to remove that than for them to cheapen theirs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: July 02, 2017, 07:52:43 am »

Yeah, It'll be VE without removing that tag with the german ore. So yeah, merely expensive battleships; and a pretty damn good one to boot.

Also, it does highlight the need to retake the jungle; we get that ore as well, and we can retire the breaker for the T33 given the T33 will be cheap at that point. Forenian armour formations will be the envy of everyone the world over!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: July 02, 2017, 08:27:26 am »

No, it should not get a "foreign measurements" complexity tag. Honestly.

Anyway, here's my proposition: Use revision to steal the Victoria. The worst that can happen is that we fail, in which case we espionage it. But if we SUCCEED on the revision, even in a SMALL chance, then we can use the espionage credit sabotage their production of naval armor. We can cripple them for the entirety of the turn, and the Cataphract goes cheap, the Z (I believe) goes Expensive, and our  JET FIGHTER goes Cheap.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: July 02, 2017, 08:29:59 am »

I'm really disappointed that the velociraptor did absolutely nothing. "No significant air advantage" even after we give all our main combat planes significantly better guns.  :(

I'm down for ERA this turn to counter their armour advantage.

The Victoria will almost certainly get a complex tag from foreign measurements. Let's use the revision for something else and use the espionage to steal the vicky. No point wasting our revision.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: July 02, 2017, 08:32:36 am »

@Madman: It will. Trust me that's how it worked in the first game and I think Sensei has outright said it. And we need the revision for something more useful than a chance at stealing a ship; being able to steal theirs without a roll means we'll have a nice navy to smack theirs down. Revise it to lose the foreign measurements tag and suddenly we've got more battleships than they do. Combine that with cheap cruisers, cheaper aircraft carriers and cheap jet fighters the cannalans are gonna rage :D

And the velociraptor isn't that good for aircraft; the main thing it'll be good on is the salamander, and those need to be cheaper for that effect to be noticed.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 500