Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25175 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2017, 04:54:56 pm »

I really like how some of you like the idea of a new random spell for 3 mana more than a new dryad with access to three non-random spells which can be used simultaneously with other player's spells for 4 mana. Almost as much as I like how a certain someone wants to get a new spell despite not even having used all the spells he currently has yet.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2017, 05:17:06 pm »

I mean I was thinking of your work effort, more dryads means you have to focus on more character's, passive upgrades like Tier Upgrades will probably cause less headache, and it's also testing the waters with the options were given to us. Even so, having one of our dryads getting a tier upgrade is probably more powerful than a new dryads, because it amplifies the power into one character instead of spreading out. Which make sense with Beirus's dryad avatar because he's basically the primary defender for our tree.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »

You really have no idea how this works... Hikary can tame animals. Tamed animals! You could get an entire army out of that. Throwing a few bombs around is not going to get much better, and if it does then you just blow up your own tree... You don't look at what is good now when deciding what will be good when upgraded. If it is already good, then it doesn't need upgrading!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »

Im gonna try to post an action tomorrow. Too tired from work right now to post.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:13:40 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2017, 09:59:50 pm »

Man, there's so much passive aggression here, I love it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2017, 11:08:27 pm »

Says the shameless munchkin.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2017, 11:45:38 pm »

Says the shameless munchkin.
Hey, I changed my action after everybody complained.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2017, 01:10:16 am »

Oh, so now its our fault! Way to shift the blame...
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2017, 01:06:43 pm »

Speaking of blame, get your actions in everyone! I'm going to blame you inactive players for me not doing an update today!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2017, 05:21:21 pm »

I posted.

Anyway, my thought process for mana right now is that if we save it now, we can spend it in a burst to deal with whatever threat Supernerd sends if he thinks we are growing complacent. However, I also understand that people want to see mana used for stuff. If we wait one more turn, we would have 11 mana. Even doing a Tier increase immediately after that would leave us with 3 mana, 5 by the end of the turn, which I feel would be a suitable buffer in case of unforeseen circumstances that could require a Dryad Revival or Empowered Spells to defend the tree.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:54:53 pm by Beirus »

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2017, 10:06:09 pm »

I posted.

Anyway, my thought process for mana right now is that if we save it now, we can spend it in a burst to deal with whatever threat Supernerd sends if he thinks we are growing complacent. However, I also understand that people want to see mana used for stuff. If we wait one more turn, we would have 11 mana. Even doing a Tier increase immediately after that would leave us with 3 mana, 5 by the end of the turn, which I feel would be a suitable buffer in case of unforeseen circumstances that could require a Dryad Revival or Empowered Spells to defend the tree.

This is an understandable reason for not letting more players in.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2017, 10:34:22 pm »

Personally, I think it'd be better to spend Maja on tier upgrades ahead of time, rather than frantically using it for spells, just because the upgrades will be more useful in the long run, rather than just being a single use.

On the other hand, single use doesn't use a lot of mana.

On the gripping hand, random spells are exciting. You never know what you're going to get.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2017, 11:11:27 pm »

On the gripping hand, random spells are exciting. You never know what you're going to get.
I must confess that if I had the opportunity I would be drowning in random spells...

But I feel that if the one that exceeds excessive technicality were to be overwhelmed by character additions, that the mechanic to bring forth such things would not have been published. I presume that Supernerd thinks that they can cope with two or three more dryads, at which point the mana costs for more will become prohibitive.
Read the First Post!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 28, 2017, 05:39:08 am »

((BTW Beirus, I left the tree debris for you to bury as fertiliser.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2017, 07:10:21 pm »

If someone else wants to deal with the small mite by the tree, I can go east and try to start making an irrigation ditch to the tree. If not, I'll deal with the mite.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27