Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25157 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2017, 11:51:13 pm »

I'll admit, the main reason I'm summoning a new player is so maybe I don't have to wait a day or two after every I post.

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2017, 02:01:11 pm »

I'll probably heal Geos first since Antler has regeneration.

I'll probably function as the team medic and support class, I've got healing and fast movement so I can get to and heal people all around the map as well as an area of effect attack that puts the enemy at a disadvantage or give us a movement advantage if used properly.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:03:00 pm by quantumMastermind »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »

I'll admit, the main reason I'm summoning a new player is so maybe I don't have to wait a day or two after every I post.
Does not more players mean a greater chance of one of them beign useless?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2017, 03:45:26 pm »

If a player is useless, there is a spell that you can use to replace them.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2017, 06:01:08 pm »

Let us sing the song of our people!(more or less It's a Small World After All)
"I am not posting on this day
Will not be posting in any way
When posting is done
it is not by anyone
The posts they will not come!"
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2017, 06:45:36 pm »

If I were a little less lazy, I would update every day whether people post an action or not. If they miss two days then I will most likely move on without them.

Seriously though, feel free to cast the spell on an inactive player. There are plenty of people willing to replace them.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2017, 05:29:52 pm »

New Dryad: 13 mana - Spawns a new Dryad from the waitlist. Cost increases with each purchase.
New Dryad Champion: 161 mana - Spawns a new Dryad from the waitlist. The summoned dryad will be one tier higher than usual. The +1 tier will be considered a "free upgrade" which does not influence the cost of future upgrades. This ability ignores waitlist priorities and picks a truly random player from the waitlist.
4 -> 13
Ummm, that is a +9... I am not getting any immediate vibes of where 9 could relate to 4. I think it will take more data to figure out the progression, which could always turn out to be G.M. fiat...

161 is quite a lot. There are acouple of bonuses though. we don't know how long it takes for tiers to cost more than 161, but from that point on champions will be better than mooks. Saving up for champs is a really really long-term investment though, at least at the current rate of progress.
It also bears noting that, unless I am missing something, S.N. only added this after summoning the player with a reserved spot, thus making it impossible for them to be a champion while pretending to be doing them a favour. Let us all marvel at this extremely subtle genius of malice.
The final bonus is that it is truly random, instead of being at the G.M.'s whim. I suspect that this alone is enough to make the seemingly high cost a bargain.
Finally, it does't say anything about cost increases. It may be that it is just omitted, and in fact it could be that the cost of summoning a champion increases if a non-champion is summoned! But by all appearances, it would seem that we can summon all our champons for 161 a pop while summoning flimsy baby dryads will get to that price quite swiftly with a couple more summons...
Read the First Post!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2017, 11:11:36 pm »

With the amount of enemies around, I think it might be a good idea for somebody with an AOE attack to get a tier increase.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2017, 01:05:25 am »

Name: Maple Sylphseed
Appearance:
Skillsets:
Song - Affect the emotional state of listeners.
Illusion Magic - Manipulate the perceptions of the weak-willed.
Nature Magic - Imbues the oak tree's lifeforce directly into plants, increasing their vitality.
{HIDDEN}

Abilities:
Lesser Songwriting - {Song} Composes a mundane song on a theme of choice. Each theme can have a different emotional effect on the listener(s). Casting Requirement: Three hours to compose; three + n hours to memorize where 'n' is the number of mundane songs learned.
Charm - {Illusion Magic} Causes the target to fantasize about the caster's physical appearance. Radically raises charisma versus unsuspecting targets. Casting Requirement: {hidden}
Bless Flora - {Nature Magic} Imbues the surrounding plantlife with the lifeforce of the oak tree, enhancing growth rate and vitality. Seeds sprout faster; flowers bloom sooner and longer. Can revive a withered plant. Casting Requirement: Lowers the oak tree's vitality proportionally.

Action:
Waiting to be summoned into existence.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2017, 02:13:04 pm »

I forgot to mention this but with my Life Drain ability, is it more stronger than a range version of a "Life Drain" in any way. I made the ability only work in melee, to make it seem more potent than if it were ranged, or some other kind of benefit. Secondly, that Dryad Champion seems rather costly, when compared to the 13+8=21 cost for a tier increase and new dryad. Unless their a benefit I'm missing here, (it takes the highest-tier dryad, summons a new dryad, and gets a free tier upgrade?) than I'm not seeing much benefit

@Beirus If you want a tier increase in this turn or future turns, than we should probably do it in the immediate time-vicinity, before things become too hasty.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2017, 02:25:35 pm »

Yeah, huge pile of mites means battle coming up.

I can kill a mite in one hit, but I can only attack one at a time.

We have 11 mana to use. That can either give a tier increase, both Geos and Hikari have area abilities, so they are good candidates, or give somebody else a new area attack. Both are reasonable options.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2017, 02:40:45 pm »

I'll probably see about getting the tier upgrade after this turn when I go back to the tree if the rest of you are fine with it. Should give me a stronger Geode Bomb, and I can use Shift Earth to build some rudimentary fortifications and obstacles around the tree.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2017, 02:41:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to hold most of them back with my gust ability, so it shouldn't be that bad if everyone is fighting them together.

Also, the summon champion dryad seems like it'l be more useful at a later time, that free tier increase means that the champion will always be a teir ahead of the rest of us which could prove useful later down the line when teirs become far more expensive.

I think giving Geos the tier increase is a good idea, his geode bomb seems to be the only thing that can damage multiple enemies at this time. Make sure you're on the tree tile when you increase your tier, I think that's a requirement.

You know the cor mites at NN might not even attack the tree at all, they might just stay where they are until we decide to deal with them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:08:51 pm by quantumMastermind »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2017, 01:04:15 pm »

To answer a curiosity that a player has, you can use more than one ability in a single turn, but you need to split your characters power multiplier among the two abilities. For example, if you want to use Regeneration and Morningstar you can allocation 0.5 power multiplier to both. This will give you a lousy regeneration effect and a lousy attack effect. I specifically mentioned previously that even very weak enemies can resist an attack with a multiplier less than 1.0

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2017, 01:35:21 pm »

I believe woodpeckers eat bugs. This can be an asset, but I have no way to take advantage of it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27