Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 239418 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #600 on: November 29, 2017, 11:21:02 am »

I'm laughing too hard now. He is a great guy  :D

And Ases should totally follow this advice
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 29, 2017, 12:28:36 pm »

I would second that if he weren't a soldier. I somehow think having two parents who wind up dying in battle might drive the kids a little batshit insane.

Also, if said general doesn't kick the bucket before we end this campaign, I am totally suggesting your next adventurer hunt down the son of a bitch and end him manually. For irony points, kill a necromancer, take their slab, and beat him to death with it.

Or if we want to really fuck with the country, get a slab, and give it to him . . .

ETA: If she goes for anyone, it should be one of three people: A farmer, a scholar, or Duslud. Little guy is a testament to the horrors we're facing, and he still goes on living and doing his best. Plus his father is the local doctor. If anyone's going to bring up good little peacemakers, it'd be him.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:31:10 pm by Urist McVoyager »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #602 on: November 29, 2017, 12:51:10 pm »

We could do that. I thought very hard about doing this before starting this fort, but I thought putting a full stop to elven attacks was a better way to end the conflict. Plus he's getting pretty old, like the queen, he's at the age where people begin to drop dead for no reason.

And again, there is absolutely no obligation for Ases to get married at any point, it's just an option and you can always change your mind. Plus drawing murdergirl being randomly hit on by various guys is something I very well intend to draw

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 29, 2017, 01:01:16 pm »

Short diary entry.

Diary of Zefer Scribefondled

It has come to my attention that my sister approves of me finding a family for myself, that if she were to fall in battle...her possessions come into my posession...but I have to stress that she should find herself a family as well. Although...i am proud of her...i didn't know she could actually write to be honest with myself.
Another topic is that of someone that has yanked at my heart-strings for some time now, Donu...daughter of the Chief Doctor in Watershield, a scary thought all the same, has caught my eye for some time now. I suppose that I should talk to her, get to know her better than just training and have her instructor beat the snot out of her. I could take him in a sparring match, an instructor should have a firm hand and calm tone when teaching a new recruit or advanced student with the blade.

*There is a picture of a young man with red hair, he is sitting there meditating over a sword, a price of parchment in his hand*

As a side note can I get Zefer's mood and recent kills if there was any.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 29, 2017, 01:08:02 pm »

dear father
 today i aid the Riverguard  with the war against the elves, i plan on using the gift i  received  form you and craft a fort to protect my new friends. Pathril is  quite the man to look up to, i often find myself chatting with him about the land mostly of the lack of snow and the freshly scent of spring........

I'm not going to lie... when I first started reading I was like, "Who is this random person I've never heard of before?" then I got to the end, and felt terrible for forgetting Valken's sacrifice. Awesome story, thanks for contributing.

ooc: hello this is  valken/sirris dorf i finally  join the forum  and all these dairy and journal writing  really made me want to write something for valken even though he  has a short history and  boring life  in the fort now. and donu is cutest in fort i want her to be best friends with sirris     ◔ ᗜ ◔

I got you  ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:25:11 pm by Megaman_zx »
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 29, 2017, 01:10:02 pm »

Imic sat in the corner of his room, face to the floor.
After several minutes, he leaned back. He picked up a letter from his table, and threw it in the fire.
He got up, and went back to drilling the soldiers.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 29, 2017, 01:34:44 pm »

Ases is never going to be in love with that sword but it is totally the closest thing to a drinking buddy she has right now. I mean, it already drinks the blood of her enemies like she drinks blackberry wine, assuming we have that. It's what she prefers.

Ases stared at Slada over top of her sword. She looked down at the sword. "What do you think of that impression of you, sword?" Ases looked back up at a now slightly freaked out Slada.

"I think it's too low pitched." Slada started backing up. That reply came out in a falsetto, and Ases lips hadn't moved. Slada was too distracted to see her throat moving, and he started fearing the crazy lady with the talking sword.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again!" Slada started to turn around to run and fell over himself. Ases just burst out laughing.

"Man, that was too easy." Ases looked back down at her sword. "But seriously, I really should name you. I can't keep tagging the corpses of my kills with property of sword all the time."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:37:34 pm by Urist McVoyager »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 29, 2017, 03:23:35 pm »

ooc: hello this is  valken/sirris dorf i finally  join the forum  and all these dairy and journal writing  really made me want to write something for valken even though he  has a short history and  boring life  in the fort now. and donu is cutest in fort i want her to be best friends with sirris     ◔ ᗜ ◔

I got you  ;)

So, I got Sirris and Valken mixed up, so when you said you wanted Donu to be friends with Sirris, I thought you were asking for Donu to be friends with Valken. By the time I realized my mistake, it was too late, and I already had the idea for a story. I'll try to include something about Sirris in Donu's next diary entry, in the meantime, here's a short side story about Donu and Valken.

Donu wandered across the drawbridge into the forest surrounding Watershields. “Mom! Mom! I’m supposed to tell you –“ She stopped and held her stomach as it growled loudly. “Why couldn’t they make Duslud do this? He’s supposed to be training his walking isn’t he?”

Donu wandered around the fort, kicking over small rocks and bushes in an attempt to find something tasty to munch on. Her wandering was cut short by a raspy voice, “Please, if you can hear me, give me some water.”

“um, Ok.” Donu walked around the small wooden box/house looking for a door. “Hey, there’s not a door here, what’s up with that?”

“It’s for the best, it’s not safe for me to be around others.”

“I’ll have you know I’m basically a soldier, I can handle a lone goblin…. Probably”

“I’m not one of those, I am a human, like you, but cursed to prowl the night as a wereskink.”

“If you came to attack Watershields, you belong in a cage, my mom almost got eaten by a filthy wereskink.”

“I didn’t come to attack Watershields,” rasped the voice, “I’m one of the founders!”

“If you’re a founder, how come I’ve never heard of you?”

“You’ve never heard of Valken, the carpenter? I raised the first walls of Watershield!”

“Valken?” Donu paused, lost in thought, “Didn’t you die when I was like….five?”

A raspy sigh emanated from the wooden wall, “I guess it’s best the people believe that, it is an easy lie to swallow.”

“So, I guess you need someone to update you on what’s been happening in Watershields, I’m pretty important, the Prince Ryukan made an appearance at my 12 year old birthday.” Donu folded her legs and sat down against the wooden wall of Valken’s Prison. “Although, he wasn’t there for my thirteenth birthday. I should submit a petition to make my birthday a fortress holiday. No working on Donu Day! Everyone must prepare delicious food and drinks for Donu!”

“That sounds like a wonderful idea child.”

“We could play games like pin the hand on the lobster, and surgery…. We could dress up Captain Thrathnu and make him into a Pinata.”

“Do you dislike Thrathnu?”

“Yeah, he’s the worst, I like to call him Captain Thratpin!”

Valken’s laugh sounded more like a cackle through his parched throat, but Donu chuckled along, “That’s good. I trained Thrathnu back in the day. But it sounds like he’s grown to become a pain.”

“If you were still around, I bet you would let me eat as much as I want.”

“Right now, I feel like I would.”

“Donu, I heard you calling my name earlier, what’s wrong this time?” Hustra marched towards Donu out of the brush.

Donu stood up, and collected herself, “Oh, I was supposed to tell you we have enough wood, or something like that.”

“Something like that?” Hustra sighed and put her hands on her hips, “I’ll ask the manager what to do. Next time, try to remember the message you are supposed to deliver.”

“Yes mom,” Donu rolled her eyes as her mother turned and began walking away. After she left, Donu turned back to the wooden wall, “I’ll try to come back again, next time I want to hear some dirt on Thrathnu.”

For the first time in a while, Valken smiled in the darkness, “Ok Donu, I’ll do that.”
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 29, 2017, 03:40:44 pm »

Thratnu was walking past Imic's room when he ran into someone.
"Hoi, who are you?"
"I'm giving Imic his letters."
"Letters? From whom?"
"Idunno, his Brother, I think. Anyway, gotta go."
He dropped the letter in, and ran off again.
Thratnu began to walk back to the training grounds. He had never thought much about the middle aged soldier who spent most of his time Drilling the Riverguard, but this news piqued his interest.
"Imic has a brother?..."
"More importantly, Imic has a family?"
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Malfinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 29, 2017, 06:19:13 pm »

I got you  ;)

So, I got Sirris and Valken mixed up, so when you said you wanted Donu to be friends with Sirris, I thought you were asking for Donu to be friends with Valken. By the time I realized my mistake, it was too late, and I already had the idea for a story. I'll try to include something about Sirris in Donu's next diary entry, in the meantime, here's a short side story about Donu and Valken.

For the first time in a while, Valken smiled in the darkness, “Ok Donu, I’ll do that.”
[/size]
daw donu is just the sweetest  talking to an old man, she earn  some yummy snacks

Malfinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 29, 2017, 08:46:15 pm »

some silly moments after training  with sirris, donu and Ebkusa they seem to be  good pals  to me -w-

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 29, 2017, 10:01:34 pm »

By the way are the hair colours a staple of the Riverguard? I've noticed that Blonde, red and a hazel brown are quite common in Watershield
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 30, 2017, 01:02:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

some silly moments after training  with sirris, donu and Ebkusa they seem to be  good pals  to me -w-
I really like this silly style of yours  :o

I also find it funny that Donu looks like a halfling despite being around same height as other two. Sirris keeps on par with tall Ebkusa thanks to standing hair, but Donu does not have such advantage!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 30, 2017, 01:10:12 am »

I love this thread but at present have fairly little to ad, keep up the good work especially with donu and her brother.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #614 on: December 01, 2017, 01:05:37 am »

So, for now we're still in the chill autumn 139 for the time to get the stories straight.

So about Ases and Donu :

Also...there's a special someone in Imic's past relations that very well might be trading letters with him. Whether or not this is the person I'm thinking about, I want to make a page about Imic past, then we'll move on if it's okay !

For Zefer, I'll give a complete breakdown of his mood after the winter update not to drag things for too long if it's okay. For the haircolors of pearlites, the most common colors are brown and shades of red and orange. Some people have, much more rarely, blueish or even more uncommonly, pitch black hairs but this is probably due to outside kingdom ancestry. They skin is however always pale taupe, their eyes always ecru. Their hairstyle is usually extremely long, but some of the youngsters like to have them cut a bit shorter, tho it remains a somewhat rare practice.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:22:51 am by Cathar »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 111