Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 241920 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #585 on: November 28, 2017, 11:26:59 am »

One day Ases found her brother Zefer outside of his training regimen. She walked up to him and leaned against the wall beside him. He looked up and smiled.

"What's up, sis?"

"You thinking of finding a wife and making a family?"

"Yeah. I'm thinking about it. Why?"

Ases took a good, hard look at her brother and pulled a piece of folded up paper from her pocket. She tossed it to him. He caught it and looked up as she walked away, waving and saying, "see you around, bro."

Zefer unfolded the paper and read it. In neat block lettering it said, "in the event that I fall in battle, I leave all my possessions to my big brother Zefer and his family.

P.S. Bro, if my sword gets stuck in an enemy when I die, kill the monster and take it back, will ya?"

Zefer held back tears and watched his sister's retreating back. "I didn't even know you could write."

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 28, 2017, 11:32:45 am »

I'm thinking it may be a 3 part arc for Donu and Zefer to potentially get together. So it may take a year in-game for Zothoabo to come to a decision.
Sounds good, whenever you want to start I'll write "response" diary entry.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 28, 2017, 03:21:50 pm »

Donu’s Diary,
21st Sandstone 139

Dear Diary……

Operation Donu Is The Best was a COMPLETE failure.  :( :( :( Captain Thratpin has been running me ragged with training so much I haven’t had time to eat. The only bright spot of the season is that apparently I’m an “advanced student” now. Not like they feed “advanced students” more than regular students.  :'( :'( :'(

I never thought I would be happy to become a priestess. But if this training keeps up, I’ll end up like Ases… if anyone needs to get married it’s her. Then I could make fun of her babies…. Although, her babies will probably be ripped. They’ll probably pop out ready to shank a bunch of goblins to death…. Maybe it’s better if she doesn’t get married.  ???

Last time I saw dad, he said Duslud will be joining the squad soon, I can’t wait to show him all the new moves I’ve learned. There’s no way I’m going to let him take it easy after all the bullshit Thratpin put me through.  >:( ;D

I want to write more diary, but I’m so tired…. and hungry… and sober. I’ll be sure to write more next season.

Bye Bye,  :-* :-* :-*

Donu.

When last we saw Duslud

The Next Day –

“HEYYYY DUSLUD!!!” Donu shouted, running to her brother and snatching him up into a bear hug as he limped through the doorway.

“Owwwww, stop it Donu!”

“Aren’t you happy to see your big sister?” She said after dropping him unceremoniously on the ground next to his crutch.

“No, you’re a nuisance.” Duslud replied as he crawled back onto his feet.

“Little lobster’s in a bad mood today? Don’t worry, I’ll whip you into shape.” (Author note: Dulsud translates to Lobster) Donu grabbed a training sword from the nearby weapon rack, “ready to become a hero Duslud?”

“I just want to get this over w-“

*SMACK* Duslud’s response was cut short when Donu lunged forward, striking his crutch out from under him.

“Ow, stop it Donu!”

“I’m your teacher, you have to call me Sir now…… er…. Well…. Ma’am, yeah call me ma’am.”

“Ok, sir.” Duslud chuckled on the floor for a bit, then shrunk back as Donu raised her sword in anger.

“DONU, stand at attention, NOW!”

“uuuggghhh captain Thratpin is back” Donu sneered and rolled her eyes down at Duslud

“WHAT did you just call me?!”

“Sir, I called you Sir, Sir!” She shouted, turning and snapping to attention.

“You better, put that sword away and start your warmup, you may be an advanced student, but you are far from combat ready.”

“Yes sir” Donu sighed and began her warmup exercises in the other room.

After Donu left, Thrathnu helped Duslud to his feet and appraised his new student.

“So you’re missing a hand, and have nerve damage in your legs? I don’t think you’ll ever be combat ready, but I can do my best to make sure you are physically fit for fortress life. Take a lap around the barracks and report back to me, first thing we need to do is improve your crutch walking.”

“Yes sir,” Duslud intoned and began limping towards the door.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 28, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »

I laughed at the "you can write part in Ases' s recent post
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Malfinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 28, 2017, 07:22:14 pm »

dear father
 today i aid the Riverguard  with the war against the elves, i plan on using the gift i  received  form you and craft a fort to protect my new friends. Pathril is  quite the man to look up to, i often find myself chatting with him about the land mostly of the lack of snow and the freshly scent of spring.

once  i found a good spot i setup a temporary workshop as request  by our party leader  Thakom , though it been some time since i seen her it worries me,  the others have been on guard even those who bring me lumber so i may begin and because of you i able to  quick molding the wood as you  showed me in my dreams, crafting a   place for us to rest  in as quickly as i can,  but there is much work to be done  before i can take a break , one project was the hanging garden though i know nothing of farming i put my trust in Xetan and Idla. speaking of  Idla he seems to being watching Pathril with  longing, though  it may be odd it is amusing and hope the best for him.

Father
we have some new arrives today  and some with families, i soon hope to become a father maybe once the  fort is complete i will marry.  i will need to begin making homes for these families sharing a room with everyone will and eating as we come and go will not suit well  in the long term  as  Pathril ask to begin plans on there homes.

father
it been over a year since we started this fort it now has three floor, time almost seems at a stand still  here all the days look alike but we move on, we still have work to day , i was visted by Idla  he seem distress since  he hasn't been  spending time with Pathril, i assure him that all will be fine and wish Idla the best. others in the fort have been  commenting on my work as  legendry  all thanks to you father

we have more  arrives and i gain an apprentice Thrathnu , i look forward to teaching them everything i can, though  they might not be able to mold the wood as  you and i can.

dear father
 a few nights go  the fort was attack not be elves or goblins but by a wereskink the fort guard were able to kill the beast but not  before it infrected me and a other a child name  Ilpi,  with my injury and Thrathnu help we built a doorless house traping me and the child, i didn't not loose any limb but the  child lost his hand, he seems to  sleep most of the time and cry himself to sleep. i promise the lad that once this over we can go on a adventure  outside  the fort  to fight the evles , he seem to like that idea.

father
 the child has died i killed him, on the night we transform it seems  he took long to turn then me and  once he fully  turn  i killed him as  there is a dead wereskink and it not me so must be the child  i am unsure what to do as i reported to Pathril.

it been three months since i reported to pathril and each time i turn i feel as if i age more i sound as if i'm over 200 now and i haven't eaten in the longest time i really need a drink.

Pathril has told me they had a meeting about me and a vampire they captured  for now it  undecided, but since i trun every  month i been helpful keeping track of time in this timeless forest, i am very unsure  about my role any more the  corpse  has started to  rot as well.

it been nine years  since then.  i must thank you father  for this fort  that i  help build is protecting my friends and  other families, and  praying to you has kept my mind sharp for these years i will not break down, for one day i might be needed once more.   

dear father
 today i aid the Riverguard  with the war against the elves.....

ooc: hello this is  valken/sirris dorf i finally  join the forum  and all these dairy and journal writing  really made me want to write something for valken even though he  has a short history and  boring life  in the fort now. and donu is cutest in fort i want her to be best friends with sirris     ◔ ᗜ ◔
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:11:41 am by Malfinal »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 28, 2017, 10:32:41 pm »

Good work on the first post. The writing even works for someone whose focus was on carpentry and being a wereskink.

And I was wondering what you'd take from that, Zefer. :P

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #591 on: November 28, 2017, 10:36:30 pm »

Wow, a lot of things to cover :D

Is he far enough removed to not be in her clan, or should he be in there?

Also, if there's any unmarried women or widows of his age, Lemann would probably like to get married. As the main trader of the fortress, he should have at least some wealth. He won't be someone to work for the sake of making himself rich, no, he'd rather pass on whatever wealth he accumulates to a child he's fathered.

No, you're absolutely right, Lemann should be in there. It's just a big fat WIP for now, and it takes a lot of work to cover everyone. For practical purposes, what I did was work from dorfed individuals and make family trees out of their direct parents (up and down). Since Lemann is the brother of Uquur's mother, he got lost in translation, but alongside others, he'll be there in the next version.

As for marriage, I don't think there's a woman his age, but I'll scan more carefully. Worst case scenario, your closest legator would be the last child alive of Uquur, namely Birod. He wouldn't be a direct descendant, but very close enough. Being the elder of that little clan, you can pretty much decide on it in my books.

Even if we'd kept discussing it, I wouldn't have been immature about it. I'm not that kind of guy.

It's my fault for not following my own stance of always assuming the best motivations behind people and I'm sorry for that. If it's any excuse, I've seen project fail for (far) less than that and it makes me very nervous. I once got kicked out of an association because I couln't respond fast enough, being on a trip for another, good times :D

Thanks a lot to Zotho, Zefer, Satheth and Ases and Sirris for their posts, gives me a lot of material I'll be now working on. Also want to give Dengusa and Lemann some airtime. I'll see if I can merge some of those. Autumn 139 will be eventful !

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 28, 2017, 11:43:58 pm »

(What did I miss?)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 29, 2017, 12:02:56 am »

Seeing Valken memories was both heartwarming and sad. We always lose the best of us to the eternal engine of war and malice.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #594 on: November 29, 2017, 12:24:39 am »

(What did I miss?)

So...Your last post was on page 17, three years ago, right before the insane fight with Osme Stobûb cavalry... And a lot of things happened. Here's what immediately concerns Asin :

Lot of fights against goblins, which is our new normal now. We encountered Wulemaapasi elves for the first time. Prince Ryukan got married and had three children. Your own children are growing up, your elder daughter, Idem, is now considered a hero after saving Zothoabo's second son.
Your third son, Dengusa, has been dorfed and is now training in the bootcamp.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:38:44 am by Cathar »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 29, 2017, 09:54:21 am »

I am pretty sure Ases isn't having a family. I just wrote out this paragraph talking about the possibility, then I went back and let Ases decide the matter. She is put off by romance and family. So I doubt very much she would want to get married, and I'm sure she'd hate the thought of having kids. If she dies, her stuff and my attention will follow Zefer's family.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 29, 2017, 10:07:38 am »

Considering how most families fare in the end (take Mim, for example) - it might be a wise decision. This way, Ases can have all the time in the world to become one-woman army and force her siblings out of conflinct and into side-rows.

In Satheth case, family seems like a distant possibility. He is still too much of a child, even if he views female peers with growing interest (Sirris is coming on top, btw  :P). At least two or three years or a life-changing experience should happen before he gives it more thought
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 29, 2017, 10:45:21 am »

She dreams of bringing peace to the world. That's going to take some doing, but it's probably beyond one person, or one generation. She might not care about family, but she might woman up and do the deed if it seems necessary to her goal.

If one of her nieces or nephews shares that goal, however, she might just take that one under her wing instead.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 29, 2017, 10:54:13 am »

I noticed that around 60~80% of fortress has this goal. Something to do with cultural values, I think.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #599 on: November 29, 2017, 11:11:00 am »

Oh yes. That's a big cultural goal. We want to bring peace to the world... and we totally cannot, because our warleader, General Tis Tangletrampled, is a warmonger obsessed with his own mortality. When he finally kick the bucket, we can make some progress and secure our borders more durably. I imagine people don't like him very much, but he's still the second most important figure of the kingdom.

Also, are you kidding, I like Ases a lot, she's one of my favourite character. Not a snowball in hell chance I'm letting her die like that. Tho it's okay if she doesn't get married, she'll be a pastry nanny, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:32:17 am by Cathar »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111