Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 359680 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2850 on: August 22, 2020, 11:15:12 pm »

"Oh, there's no need for that, my own wings will fade away soon enough. I'm just really good at climbing." She flexes her 20 fingers.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 11:26:06 pm by Egan_BW »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: August 23, 2020, 10:40:02 am »

So, I’ll need extra limbs to climb with you?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: August 23, 2020, 01:14:29 pm »

She frowns. "You don't have to follow me, and while I don't mind the company, I'd really prefer if you didn't wind up hurting yourself in trying. If you insist, then the easiest way would be for me to just carry you."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: August 23, 2020, 01:31:45 pm »

Ok, are you sure you’d be able to do so without hindering movement/climbing?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: August 23, 2020, 01:33:48 pm »

"Taking the stairs is preferable to letting you slip and break your neck."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: August 23, 2020, 01:40:04 pm »

Understood. Thank you
Go with Zavirius, if she wants to carry me so I can keep up with her, let her do so. If not, walk/run to keep up with her. Look around behind us as Zavirius and I move forward so that I can mention any possible threats from behind
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 01:38:45 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: August 23, 2020, 11:09:08 pm »

Back to Kaolin and check if there's anything else I need to do here. Ask around and check the papers I got about the incidents here just in case there's something unrelated to the angel.
If not, head back down to Regulus. Bring Eve. Just carry her on my back with the rest of my ridiculously heavy equipment.

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 04:32:46 pm by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: August 24, 2020, 01:37:18 pm »

I think I'll stay out and available then, and I'll just let people know who I am, why I'm here, and so on. No reason not to get started right off. And I can always set myself up in an inn so that I can be more centrally positioned
and so that whatever the trick back in the manor was about won't kick in
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: August 24, 2020, 04:29:48 pm »

Shout at the others to attack the creature. Try to bash it with the handle of my dagger(sorry for the hiatus)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2859 on: August 25, 2020, 11:33:15 am »

Your attention is diverted when you feel something approaching. The giant bipedal lizard which slept at the gate to the temple is now very much awake and it is approaching, mouth open, with what you can tell is clear intent to eat you.
Try to will it to back down through my connection to this jungle. If that doesn't cut it, try to use the upgraded sunbro staff (sunbro-er staff) to make it stand down.

Should these not work or if there's not time for it, get ready for combat! Fend it off with the springy metal halberd (or with the biometal sword should it be better), work together with Ecalir to slay the beast.   

Give Darwin a chance to subdue the beast with his powers. Should that fail, attack it by either:

- If my arms were reattached when we picked up our stuff, channel 3 mana into my longsword and slash at the beast when I see an opening
- If my arms were not reattached, then find a weakspot and give it a TerrorBirb Kick

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
[5+2v2](arms were reattached)

Darwin walks towards the beast and locks eyes with it, planting his feet and not giving an inch even as it closes in and looms over him.  The creature lowers its head to stare at darwin, growling and chomping the air. Darwin doesn't move. And after a moment more, the creature lowers itself on its haunches and lies down in front of Darwin, pacified.

Stay here three more days, allowing the starling to engage in a life of gluttony.  Try to estimate the time until it's about the same mass as myself.

Each day look for the statue, trying to see if it's accessable.  If I can locate it exactly and it'll just take some digging, do so.  If I get through three days, stop there, I'll use some magic to assist.

Since this is a wealthy area, do one more thing to raise money/mana.  See if I can find a few people for cosmetic-related spell stuff, such as baldness cures.  Take no more than one person a night, to get less attention.  Use the biomodder and collect money and a hug, say 25 gold minimum.

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)
The starling gains muscle every day, after the third day its quite buff and after the 5th its so buff it literally cannot fly anymore.  It shows no real signs of stopping either. You begin to wonder what the lifespan of the disease is...

[3+2v5] On the 2nd day you find what you believe are the ruins near the statue. They're just barely poking out of the sands. [7+2v3] After some more searching you discover the statue, also basically entirely buried.

Accounting for mana spent, you make 17 mana and 75 gold.

Understood. Thank you
Go with Zavirius, if she wants to carry me so I can keep up with her, let her do so. If not, walk/run to keep up with her. Look around behind us as Zavirius and I move forward so that I can mention any possible threats from behind
Back to Kaolin and check if there's anything else I need to do here. Ask around and check the papers I got about the incidents here just in case there's something unrelated to the angel.
If not, head back down to Regulus. Bring Eve. Just carry her on my back with the rest of my ridiculously heavy equipment.

Zavi checks the papers, going down the list of complaints and ignoring the incredibly vague ones. She checks them off one by one as probably being from the angel. After reviewing it for a few minutes, she's pretty sure she dealt with the cause of all this.  She lets the local leaders know and then heads toward Regulus with Eve on her back. She makes it there by the next day.

I think I'll stay out and available then, and I'll just let people know who I am, why I'm here, and so on. No reason not to get started right off. And I can always set myself up in an inn so that I can be more centrally positioned
and so that whatever the trick back in the manor was about won't kick in
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
[3+1v2]
You set yourself up in a plaza outside an inn and start seeing patients. You soon have a fair number waiting and deal with them one by one. Most are minor mundane illnesses and injuries, though one guy has a magical burn injury that wasn't healing well till you dealt with it. Not sure where he could have gotten such a thing.

Shout at the others to attack the creature. Try to bash it with the handle of my dagger(sorry for the hiatus)
[6,1,3,1v3][2v2, 6v4]
You and the rest attack the mechanical creature. Two of the men get thrown back by a shoulder charge but you and one other get through. You stab at the metal hide and the knife glances off but the other man, armed with a long sword,  manages to shove the point of the weapon in through a gap in the creature's armor and you hear it tear through fine mechanical components with a chorus of metal snaps and pings.  The creature leaps back and away, but one of its arms seems limp and useless.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: August 25, 2020, 01:56:19 pm »

Get off of Zavirius
Thank you for letting me come with you, I’m sorry if I inconvenienced you. What are you doing in Regulus?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: August 25, 2020, 02:15:45 pm »

((bit suggestive))

"Not sure, they wanted my help when I was passing through but I needed to handle that angel first. We'll find out what it is."

Ask around.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: August 25, 2020, 02:18:17 pm »

((Suggestive? I’d imagine a person being difficult to carry, carrying heavy things tend to make it harder to move))
Ok, so we’d look for the mayor, then?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: August 25, 2020, 02:25:02 pm »

((That's all true, but have you ever heard of subtext or double entendre?))

"Not much point, may as well just ask around until we find someone who knows something."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: August 25, 2020, 02:46:06 pm »

((Yes, I’ve heard of those, just wasn’t thinking about it when I was typing
Ask around, ask people Zavirius hasn’t already asked, so people don’t have to answer things twice
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 203