Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 360033 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #630 on: November 20, 2017, 02:59:03 pm »

Any edit coming?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #631 on: November 20, 2017, 03:16:25 pm »

Any edit coming?
Yes. In fact I'll just do it here.

Crocus is a shit little town in the middle of nowhere on the edge of the desert, notable only for the fact that its at the intersection of two major roads. It used to be a wood cutting camp and adjoining town but there's no trees left to cut. Much of the town is in disrepair and abandoned with only the buildings near the road having any life to them. Gambling, prostitution and other vices are on full display and advertised along the road with brightly painted signs . Half and wholly naked women stand on second story balconies and call down to travelers from their brothels and ale houses. It, like many places with nothing else to offer but a place to rest, offers every kind of relaxation imaginable.

The Caravan is going to stay here a few days.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:14:08 pm by piecewise »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 20, 2017, 03:29:27 pm »

Get up and start poking the beast with my spear in whatever soft spots I can find.
If I can't find any, try and find myself a large rock to smash it with, but do it from behind it and don't get too close.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 20, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »

Draw my first sculpture, and show it to the man. Slide it across the ground to him. Say nothing. When he bends down to examine it, shoot him with the crossbow.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 20, 2017, 08:05:52 pm »

"I'LL CRUSH YOU INTO PEBBLES!"

Hit beastie with hammer!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 21, 2017, 06:17:08 pm »

Take a look around the wilderness around the town some.  See if I can fix up a building enough to hang out my proverbial shingle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #636 on: November 26, 2017, 11:48:56 am »

"Sure, I accept the job. Do you want her alive or dead? Be specific.
And if she turns out to not be a wizard, I will request extra payment. Not in gold, just something that is alive and has magic."

Accept the job. Ask them if they know where is she now or anything I should know before fighting her. Once I'm ready to go, make sure I'm wearing my Sealer Suit and I have my shield and wooden club prepared for combat.
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
"Alive would be best, but if that is not possible, we will not complain."

They smile widely at that second request "Oh yes, of course."

"Currently she is awaiting being ferried into the depths. For the moment, she is in her lodgings" The give you an address "Do not attack her unless she breaks from her agreement or attempts to flee. Understand?"

I'll begin helping the man immediately, but I'll also be noting what the men who drop him off look like, and would prefer to question them a little before they go. If they choose to just walk away though I'm not going to try to stop them.
"Wow. Sirs, what happened to this man?" I ask while grabbing my supplies and getting to work on making sure the man ends up okay.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
The men look...you're noticing a pattern here. You're pretty sure they're church thugs; they've got the same fishy brute appearance as the others and they refuse to say a word to you or even slow down as they leave.

You shrug and patch the man up. He's black and blue and bleeding but not seriously injured as far as you can tell; just going to be extremely sore. You put him in your bed and he wakes up an hour or so later with a startled scream.

Draw my first sculpture, and show it to the man. Slide it across the ground to him. Say nothing. When he bends down to examine it, shoot him with the crossbow.

You Pull your sculpture from a pocket. The man draws a black powder pistol at the same time and fires before you can continue with your plan.
[10v9]
You duck to the side  the instant before he pulls the trigger and hear the bullet hiss over your head. Before he can draw another pistol, you fire your crossbow.
[11v7]
The bolt catches the man square in the chest and he takes off, running across the sand for maybe 15 seconds before he slows, drops to his knees and the falls to one side.

Take a look around the wilderness around the town some.  See if I can fix up a building enough to hang out my proverbial shingle.

You leave the group and wander around the outskirts of town a while, poking about in the ruined buildings. Its an odd experience, walking in the semi-dark through abandoned rows of homes as the noise of the main street drifts in. Its almost like hearing the ghosts of this place, of laughter and talking muffled by time but still echoing. You find a single story home that looks mostly intact, save for some broken windows and a porch that has been effectively disassembled for wood.

You look inside and find it completely empty of furniture or belongings aside from some useless and valueless debris.

Holy shit that actually worked. Well then, grab the other net and throw that one over the monster as well. Only throw it if I have a more or less unobstructed shot however, don't wanna risk entangling allies.

((Zombrodino rolls: 8, 8, 2, 1, 8. PW, did you break out the old Xan dice again?))

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
[5v7] The other net is far larger and heavier, making it much more unwieldy. You give it your best shot but your throw only just hits the creature's tail and the net slide off the stony flesh without catching.

Get up and start poking the beast with my spear in whatever soft spots I can find.
If I can't find any, try and find myself a large rock to smash it with, but do it from behind it and don't get too close.

You find it, unironically, quite hard to find a soft spot on a creature made of rock. So you instead go the caveman route and grab a good, semipointed stone from the cave floor.
[9v5]
You charge over and, with a flying leap and an appropriately mad scream, bring the stone straight down on the creature's neck. The blow shatters the fossilized vertebrae and the head and a piece of the neck tumble to the ground. The body instantly stops moving and seems to harden into place.

"I'LL CRUSH YOU INTO PEBBLES!"

Hit beastie with hammer!

[2v1]
You switch your target to the still writhing head and bring your pick straight down onto the top of the thing's skull. It doesn't shatter but the pick's point sinks a good 4-5 inches into the top and the creature freezes. You're not sure how, but you can instantly tell that whatever life this thing had, it doesn't have it now.

THE FOSSIL VAMPIRE IS DEAD! (again).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 26, 2017, 12:14:31 pm »

"I killed it!"

Grab that Eclair and hug him.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 26, 2017, 12:30:17 pm »

"I understand. So, I just have to go and investigate if she has done anything bad?
You are telling me there is a big chance I am not going to fight a wizard since you don't know if she is actually using magic for evil stuff or if she has magic at all.

Not that I care. Just saying that it will cost extra. I'm doing these jobs to fight wizards after all."

Follow the address.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 26, 2017, 12:41:01 pm »

THE FOSSIL VAMPIRE IS DEAD!

"Good job my friends, the creature has been defeated. Its spirit can now finally move on. Now, give me some room to work.
Rufus, would you care to assist? It seems those two are a bit busy, ah, celebrating."

Darwin kneels next to the zombro head and mutters a small prayer before getting his tools and starting on the grisly part of the job: extracting whatever's valuable from this monster's remains.

Start taking this corpse apart. First, try to see if there's any magic words hidden inside this thing. Then, try to get out the various valuables.

Should that all go well, maybe see if there's any parts left that would make for a good hunting trophy.

((By the way, I asked pw about this some time ago, and this is what he had to say:
By the way, if we somehow manage to take this thing down and avoid TPK, would it be possible for Darwin to search a body like this for magic words, given the tools we have? And if yes, would this jeopardize the possible loot/gems we could get from the body? In other words, will we have to choose between magic or money?
He could search it yes. Good chance to find it as well. And no, it shouldn't destroy anything unless he REALLY fucks up.
So uhh, fingers crossed for not fucking up REALLY bad!

By the way, shouldn't Pancaek be getting mana from that battle?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 26, 2017, 01:01:11 pm »

"Whoah whoah whoah. Easy sir. You don't want to re-open your injuries. Don't worry, you're safe here."
attempt to comfort and calm the man, answer the inevitable "where am I? What happened?" questions as best I can, and when he's calmed down ask him what happened to him.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 28, 2017, 12:05:41 pm »

Lets work on scrounging up furnishings.  I should be able to make a temporary bed for myself from the travel gear.  Do that, and then try to scrounge up some furnishings.  I'd like a few chairs and at least one bed.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 28, 2017, 12:18:22 pm »

Shaking from the adrenaline, Moghorn reloads. As usual, he overestimated his ability to manage people.

Then he walks carefully over to the man, aiming at him, stopping to pick up the flamesprayer. The first line of action is to disarm him, if he's still conscious, and tie him up. If he's dead, however, such action is unnecessary. Once Moghorn has the pistol and the tough is immobile, he will immediately try to stop the bleeding, by cauterization if tourniquets and improvised bandages are not immediately effective. Then, once no to little blood is escaping from the body, drag it towards the nearest pillar of lead.

One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #643 on: December 03, 2017, 02:55:22 pm »

"I killed it!"

Grab that Eclair and hug him.

You hug Eclair who seems genuinely too stunned either by the victory or the hug to do...anything.

He gets 20 Mana though.

"I understand. So, I just have to go and investigate if she has done anything bad?
You are telling me there is a big chance I am not going to fight a wizard since you don't know if she is actually using magic for evil stuff or if she has magic at all.

Not that I care. Just saying that it will cost extra. I'm doing these jobs to fight wizards after all."

Follow the address.
In response they hand you 30 gold pieces and tell you that they're more than willing to compensate you if the mission does not end in violence.

You head over to the address they gave you and find that it is a small inn of sorts. You ask the old woman at the front about the target and she, after being assured you're on church business, tells you the room the girl is in.

"Whoah whoah whoah. Easy sir. You don't want to re-open your injuries. Don't worry, you're safe here."
attempt to comfort and calm the man, answer the inevitable "where am I? What happened?" questions as best I can, and when he's calmed down ask him what happened to him.
A long conversation ensues in which you explain what happened while he was knocked out and attempt to discover what happened to him. From what he remembers -his memory is sort of foggy for the last day or so- is trying to arrange a ride for several pilgrims who decided they no longer wanted to visit the deep. He says the last thing he remembers is going to a meeting where they were supposed to talk about the price of a carriage.

Lets work on scrounging up furnishings.  I should be able to make a temporary bed for myself from the travel gear.  Do that, and then try to scrounge up some furnishings.  I'd like a few chairs and at least one bed.

You, and the body guards who refuse to leave your side, scavenge for furniture. Between the three of you you come up with a bed frame made with wood and a network of rope and 3 chairs. Its not a great haul but its a start.

Shaking from the adrenaline, Moghorn reloads. As usual, he overestimated his ability to manage people.

Then he walks carefully over to the man, aiming at him, stopping to pick up the flamesprayer. The first line of action is to disarm him, if he's still conscious, and tie him up. If he's dead, however, such action is unnecessary. Once Moghorn has the pistol and the tough is immobile, he will immediately try to stop the bleeding, by cauterization if tourniquets and improvised bandages are not immediately effective. Then, once no to little blood is escaping from the body, drag it towards the nearest pillar of lead.

You grab the flamesprayer off the ground before You walk over to the man. He's on his side with blood oozing from his nose and mouth. The wound has some blood around it too but not much. Straight to the heart. You leave the bolt in and grab the corpse by the ankles. You drag him a bit through the sand but realize quickly that dragging a corpse miles through the desert is going to be extremely difficult if you do it like this.

You might need to reconsider things because those pillars are miles wide.

THE FOSSIL VAMPIRE IS DEAD!

"Good job my friends, the creature has been defeated. Its spirit can now finally move on. Now, give me some room to work.
Rufus, would you care to assist? It seems those two are a bit busy, ah, celebrating."

Darwin kneels next to the zombro head and mutters a small prayer before getting his tools and starting on the grisly part of the job: extracting whatever's valuable from this monster's remains.

Start taking this corpse apart. First, try to see if there's any magic words hidden inside this thing. Then, try to get out the various valuables.

Should that all go well, maybe see if there's any parts left that would make for a good hunting trophy.

((By the way, I asked pw about this some time ago, and this is what he had to say:
By the way, if we somehow manage to take this thing down and avoid TPK, would it be possible for Darwin to search a body like this for magic words, given the tools we have? And if yes, would this jeopardize the possible loot/gems we could get from the body? In other words, will we have to choose between magic or money?
He could search it yes. Good chance to find it as well. And no, it shouldn't destroy anything unless he REALLY fucks up.
So uhh, fingers crossed for not fucking up REALLY bad!

By the way, shouldn't Pancaek be getting mana from that battle?))

You get the following words
Reanimate
Sharpen
Viscera
Diamond

You also get several hundred if not 1000 gold worth of precious gems from the thing's guts.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 03, 2017, 05:35:56 pm »

"Is anyone there? Open the door, this is important."
Knock on the door. If she doesn't open it, break it down and prepare to use my special mana draining wrestling move.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 203