Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75282 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #585 on: October 06, 2017, 01:26:28 pm »

According to the Gamespot review. Legendary orcs are only available in paid loot boxes. Random lootboxes ingame will only give up to epic

According to Total Biscuit.

Also Polygon is saying the final act is an incredible grind if you don't pay.

I've played for maybe 5 hours total and I just managed to create a Legendary Orc by accident. I'm not even far enough in the game to actually dominate the bugger.

Did you get a review copy or something? Not supposed to be out for another few days.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 06, 2017, 01:29:49 pm »

According to the Gamespot review. Legendary orcs are only available in paid loot boxes. Random lootboxes ingame will only give up to epic

According to Total Biscuit.

Also Polygon is saying the final act is an incredible grind if you don't pay.

I've played for maybe 5 hours total and I just managed to create a Legendary Orc by accident. I'm not even far enough in the game to actually dominate the bugger.

Did you get a review copy or something? Not supposed to be out for another few days.

Close enough. It's a super-secret trick that I can't really pass on to anyone else ;)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 06, 2017, 01:37:04 pm »

IIRC Sartain is a well connected Frenchman.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 06, 2017, 01:42:41 pm »

Well then. Regale us with your frenchified tales of Orc enslavement!
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 06, 2017, 01:50:29 pm »

This review that I found via that TB tweet chain seemed to have little issue ignoring the lootboxes.

Yeah, he straight up says he spent dozens of hours hunting down legendary orcs to staff his fortresses with. So if you weren't planning on using loot crates, nothing has changed here.

I mean that's the game, so it doesn't really bother me. 

I stopped caring about whatever ridiculous greedy thing companies are doing this week.  It won't go away until people refuse to participate in it, and that's never going to happen either.  It's inevitable.  If it gets so bad video games are unplayable, I'll find something else to do.
Shoes...

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 06, 2017, 02:21:46 pm »

Eh, just imagine what practices might be in place if people didn't make this much of a stink every time.  Still, they do seem to be making forward progress.

Really, I wouldn't even care, if this nonsense could be confined to a seperate place.  Go to one place to get actual games that are done for an agreed upon price, go to another place for early access, maybe someday features, and piecemeal feature pricing.

If the place that has the kind of games I want charges $100 for every game, well then I'll probably rethink how I feel about the monetization schemes.  But since plenty of games keep getting released that don't cost that much, and don't have loot crates or what have you, I'm going to say that's not going to happen.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 06, 2017, 02:28:55 pm »

Well then. Regale us with your frenchified tales of Orc enslavement!
Or Orc endeadment, if you haven't branded all that many of them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 06, 2017, 04:10:08 pm »

The game mostly does what Shadow of Mordor did, just bigger and better. The combat feels more fluid and dynamic I think. Even though you start with an empty skilltree to fill you definitely feel more badass than at the start of SOM. I like the encounter balance so far, I've mostly been chopping down lower level captains as I've run across them but I've got a few that are starting to develop as I've run into them at inopportune moments and have had to retreat, and a couple who managed to down me.
I like the item system so far. It basic but functional and it's nice to see Talion in different gear that looks fitting and in fact the whole gear/level to challenge ratio seems very nicely balanced so far, without accessing any online content at all.
So far I'm pretty happy about it, I'm definitely going to be spending a lot of time playing this.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 06, 2017, 04:12:48 pm »

What purpose does the champion/nemesis imported orcs serve, beyond being just a familiar face? If any? How much of them are imported?

I hope I'm not too inquisitive ;)
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 06, 2017, 04:36:25 pm »

Just the one Orc you've marked as your Nemesis will be imported. I assume they'll appear out of the blue in SoW to ambush and be like "REMEMBER ME?!?!"

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 06, 2017, 06:19:27 pm »

People complain that theyre going to have to spend hours hunting down legendary orcs.

But I've basically been doing that with Shadow of Mordor Nemesis Forge currently and im enjoying it so...

Also, any info on how your Nemesis from Shadow of Mordor connects in yet?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 06, 2017, 08:04:15 pm »

The game mostly does what Shadow of Mordor did, just bigger and better. The combat feels more fluid and dynamic I think. Even though you start with an empty skilltree to fill you definitely feel more badass than at the start of SOM. I like the encounter balance so far, I've mostly been chopping down lower level captains as I've run across them but I've got a few that are starting to develop as I've run into them at inopportune moments and have had to retreat, and a couple who managed to down me.
I like the item system so far. It basic but functional and it's nice to see Talion in different gear that looks fitting and in fact the whole gear/level to challenge ratio seems very nicely balanced so far, without accessing any online content at all.
So far I'm pretty happy about it, I'm definitely going to be spending a lot of time playing this.

My biggest concern was that the nemesis system would collapse under its own weight and be more heavily scripted, so I'm glad to hear that looks good.  Also better combat is a big plus, I generally don't like the batman ballerina rhythm game combat that's taken over character action types of games.
Shoes...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 07, 2017, 01:38:54 am »

What purpose does the champion/nemesis imported orcs serve, beyond being just a familiar face? If any? How much of them are imported?

I hope I'm not too inquisitive ;)

I didn't import any since I never had time to fiddle with the Nemesis Forge on SOM, so unfortunately I'm not able to answer any questions about importing orcs.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 07, 2017, 11:29:59 am »

I pulled up the Nemesis forge to see and lucky me the guy I wanted was already my Nemesis. 
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 07, 2017, 02:15:09 pm »

Does it grab your nemesis forge data from steam cloud or something?

Because if its actually 70gb like on the store page I sure as fuck can't fit both games at once on here without making a mess of my other installed games.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53