Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75434 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2017, 07:46:05 pm »

Its a new Ring of Power. One thats even from Mount Doom. That Sauron missed the crafting of.

Its amusingly noncanon to a big degree.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2017, 08:34:03 pm »

Its a new Ring of Power. One thats even from Mount Doom. That Sauron missed the crafting of.

Its amusingly noncanon to a big degree.

1st is surprisingly canon. A few people could forge rings of power or were close to it (Saurumon would have made one had he survived the events of Lord of the Ring)

2nd is surprisingly canon... Lord of the Rings is kind of based on Sauron not noticing important details :P

Actually I find it somewhat cheap that in the series that Celebrimbor turned out not to be all that special. He was duped but the books make it fairly obvious that it was more that he was chosen because he was particularly easy to fool rather than him being the only one who could do it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2017, 09:07:33 pm »

Missing two hobbits dressed as Orcs and carrying a ring of power through your domain to throw it in Mount Doom, ostensibly because you're running a war, is one thing.

Missing a human cutting through your army like a hot knife through butter, walking up to Mount Doom and pounding out a new ring on your doorstep with what we can only assume is the highest of magic, is quite another. Apparently Sauron has the All Seeing Eye, but his ears don't hear shit.

"Oh don't mind Sauron, I'll only be a day or two more than I'll come kill you. I SAID....ONLY A DAY OR TWO MORE....THEN I'LL COME....KILL YOU."

A few people could forge rings of power or were close to it (Saurumon would have made one had he survived the events of Lord of the Ring)

Nice headcanon.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:13:00 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2017, 09:08:43 pm »

He don't even have ears. He's all eye.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2017, 09:40:56 pm »

Nice headcanon

No it was said that Saurumon was close to being able to forge his own ring of power. That much was quite explicit.

As well the ones who could have made it are no longer around (either dead or in the Elven Realm). Mostly this is said with how they explain why Sauron chose Celebrimbor. No one else would ever create the Rings of Power.

There is nothing physically stopping people from making rings of power other than know how and somewhat skill.

Nor is, oddly enough, the Rings of power the ultimate ancient artifact in the setting (What even happened to the Ice Brand?)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2017, 09:41:49 pm »

He don't even have ears. He's all eye.

Post of the Year

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2017, 05:15:27 am »

The bigger question is how do you call forth a Elf Ghost?

Or am I confusing things and it is that Elves could only become ghosts? >_< I swear they don't die right and the whole ritual to bring him back shouldn't have worked for a few reasons.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2017, 09:10:49 am »

Wasn't that explained in SoM already?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2017, 11:17:22 am »

Nice headcanon

No it was said that Saurumon was close to being able to forge his own ring of power. That much was quite explicit.
Saruman definitely wanted a Ring of Power, and was studying the making of rings, but I don't recall anything mentioning him being actually close to making one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2017, 02:55:58 pm »

Nice headcanon

Saruman definitely wanted a Ring of Power, and was studying the making of rings, but I don't recall anything mentioning him being actually close to making one.

It was listed in the Tolkien notes if I remember right.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2017, 02:58:33 pm »

Yeah I had to look it up too. Mentioned in the Simarillion notes or something.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2017, 01:05:09 pm »

NERD POWER ACTIVATE.

So when we say "a ring of power" do we mean one on par with the 20, or the One? Because the craft and knowledge needed to make those was absolutely lost with Eregion. The rings weren't all forged at Mount Doom. There's not even an actual mention of a physical forge in the creation of the One, even. Most of them were made in Eregion.

I'm still totally down for it. It doesn't have to be canon to be a fun idea. Also, all of this is based on memory, so feel free to provide passages to disprove me! I like LOTR :3
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:39:35 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2017, 02:35:16 pm »

If it's a Ring capable of challenging Sauron, then I think it's safe to assume it's on the power level of the One Ring. If you've played through SoM and The Bright Lord DLC it's pretty clear what Celebrimbro thinks is needed to beat Sauron is a Ring that can compete with the One Ring.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2017, 02:44:23 pm »

If it's a Ring capable of challenging Sauron, then I think it's safe to assume it's on the power level of the One Ring. If you've played through SoM and The Bright Lord DLC it's pretty clear what Celebrimbro thinks is needed to beat Sauron is a Ring that can compete with the One Ring.

Given that it didn't take any rings to challenge Sauron.

Though yes the Ring Celebrimbor creates is of very similar concept to the One Ring.

It emphasizes your own attributes and abilities. Though it seems that Celebrimbor's version has sizable differences and weaknesses, for one his needs to grow on the user. As well it is no where close to as powerful even at the height of its power.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:17:15 pm by Neonivek »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2017, 03:25:57 pm »

Considering Sauron didn't have the ring in the trilogy, yes, it would stand to reason you didn't need a ring to beat him then either.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53