Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SPAM Colony  (Read 927 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM Colony
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 02:52:14 am »

Life support guarantees we will be able to wake up the others. Though we do also need those engineers to ensure we don't overshoot our target. The other two things, less of a concern. We can't undo what has happened, knowing what hit us is a secondary concern. And the rebels probably don't want to actually destroy the entire ship, least not before they get off of it.
So, we should do the engineers after we have done

C
Long Live United Forenia!

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 04:00:24 pm »

The life support systems would be a powerful bargaining chip.

C.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 02:50:20 pm »

Also our name could be Duncan McShale but don't mind me.
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 04:04:58 pm »

You begin waking up the repair and life support crews.

The backup micro fission generators aboard the pods are activated, easing the strain on the main reactor.  The pods are checked and systems are brought online, even in the occupied pod where the workers are allowed to enter to fix things.

When the central fusion chamber is brought offline for repairs an ill advised attempt is made to subdue the unauthorized crew.  Against the command of the captain, the security chief sneaks his people into the maintenance areas where the armed militants are hiding and a firefight breaks out.  Half of the unauthorized group, along with their leader, are taken into custody while the other half escapes into the depowered areas of the central ship.

Unfortunate, over 300 cryo pods are destroyed in the conflict.  Your family are not among the dead, but it appears they were woken up and were taken with the escaped people.

There was every possibility of the ship coming together and avoiding disaster.  But you, and the other leaders, failed.

How did you contribute to the fracturing of the crew?
A.  Failure; by incompetence or bad, luck you could not complete a vital task.
B.  Betrayer; For your personal reasons, you went against the group at a critical time, dooming the cooperative effort.
C.  Murderer; Out of vengeance or mercy, a person was killed by your hands, destroying trust in the crew.
D.  Compromised; You thought helping someone was a good idea for everyone, but it was a terrible mistake.
E.  Unforgiving;  When the time came to put the past behind, you could not, and they were not able to help you.
F.  Victim;  You did everything right and were left vulnerable and hurt as the others destroyed every opportunity and took advantage of you.

Crew Profile: Doctor Mami Nkechi Noguerra
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also finished the update before the +1 so I am keeping Doctor Nkechi unless there is a particular issue with that.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 04:16:45 pm »

D.  We let our oaths as a physician  blind us to the gravity of the situation, and only realized the truth as it crumbled before us. We had sworn to help those in need,  but lived to regret it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:06:52 pm by Mardent23 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 04:32:41 pm »

I'd rather not be an entirely unwitting victim in this.

I think trusting people too much is the nicest of a bad bunch.

D
Long Live United Forenia!

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 05:07:14 pm »

Fair point. I changed my vote.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 11:20:35 pm »

D
Max avatar size is 80x80

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 11:35:39 pm »

D
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 01:00:13 am »

D.  We let our oaths as a physician  blind us to the gravity of the situation, and only realized the truth as it crumbled before us. We had sworn to help those in need,  but lived to regret it.
+1. We saved the life of a grave enemy, refusing to discard the hippocratic oath.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.
Pages: 1 [2]