Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SPAM Colony  (Read 926 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SPAM Colony
« on: April 18, 2017, 01:06:50 am »

Out of the window you see the rolling clouds of darkness engulfing New York.  The flooded coasts are covered first, then the tall glittering pillars of impotent wealth, the rioters and police and homeless in the streets last.  You turn to look into your office as the clock strikes noon to see your two assistants walk in.

They hold more sheets of paper for you to look over regarding the Harmony Project.  Even a hasty colonization needs paperwork.

They open their mouths to speak and inside you see fanged teeth and an endless vista of stars against the night sky.  Each horrific and identical and so utterly alien and opposed to each other.  By the time the clock strikes noon again the mouths take up half the room.

Noon?  Twelve?  You tap the back of your hand 3 times and the images fade, your mental space coming under your control.  But still the strange vision haunts you.  Where are you suppose to be?

In cryogenic storage.  In a sub zero state where the mind can not think or dream.  You awake to-

Mission Year 176

Darkness, pain, disorientation.  This is real, feeling as terrible as you do does not get carried over into dreams, normally.  You clutch at the release just in time to make it over the side of your tube as you vomit out into the darkness.  Where are the lights and drugs and doctors to help you?

Light flashes on, yellow, with red flashes as the familiar voice of the captain comes out of the nearby wall.

All awake crew, this is Conaill, there has been an emergency, get to the bridge, there is no time to waste.

What is your name?

What lead role do you have in the crew?

A. Chief Medical Officer
B. Lead Physicist
C. Environmental Engineer
D. Security Chief
E. Moral Officer
F. Financier
G. Stowaway

What is this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: SPAM Colony
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 01:29:56 am »

A

BlackJack in spaceeee
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:30:56 am »

A
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 01:38:28 am »

Definitely A.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 02:15:28 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 09:33:59 am »

Posting To Watch :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 09:35:12 am »

A indeed

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 02:05:46 pm »

D
Security chief gets guns.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 02:52:42 pm »

As you move down the main corridor to the bridge you pass your aides Keith and Madhu checking the health of the other awakened crew.  Most are looking over reports or arguing over technical details.

The bridge is no better with the command staff surrounding a clearly frustrated Captain O'Conaill.

We still do not know what hit us, we need to examine the impact site.

The life support systems are critical, setting the landing ships to internal power has to be done now to protect the sleepers.

The fusion reactor is completely unstable and needs to be not only fixed, but also the feed to the main thruster altered if we plan on actually orbiting our target.

I have reports of a group of unauthorized colonists being woken up and taking over systems in one of the pods.

Enough, shouts the captain, now that our doctor has arrived we can begin planning on who to wake up.

Everyone goes back into the shouting match, each saying that their subordinates need to be woken first to deal with the crisis.  The captain wants a mixed crew to be woken up to deal with the situations at the same time.  You then see a message on your personal communications device.

We have your family, begin waking up the following people or we can not guarantee their safety.

You decide to wake up first:
A. A mixed crew, like the captain wants.
B. Space workers to examine the outside of the ship, as the moral officer asked for.
C. The environmental engineer's scientists, to get life support stabilized and turned over to backup power.
D. The engineers to begin fixing the core power and thrust systems.
E. The security staff to restore order.
F. The people on the list you were given, to save your family.

Also need a name, last chance before I make one up.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 03:04:21 pm »

You look over the reports. 

It seems something unknown impacted the ship and prompted the crew to be awakened by the on board computer.

Strangely, contact with the two first wave ships has not happened yet, despite already being inside the target system.

With the reactor damaged, the ship may not slow down in time to rendezvous with the habitable planet.

The six large scale landing drop-ships are undamaged with the thousands of colonists aboard each still in cryogenic stasis.

The people being woken up by the hostile group are across the spectrum of the crew.  They seem to have infiltrated every department.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 03:24:57 pm »

C. Life-support should be our priority; it's literally a necessity for us to survive.

As for a name, I don't care what name we have. :P
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 03:28:38 pm »

C because being able to breathe sounds like a good idea.

Also our name could be Duncan McShale but don't mind me.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 03:29:56 pm »

C

Control the lifesupport, you control everyone. Hard to rebel when you're breathing nitrogen.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »

C

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 04:35:48 pm »