Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 72146 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: 0 Replacements needs, carry on
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2017, 10:30:47 am »

I guess I'll go in reverse order then.

TBF

TheBiggerFish
Which players would you estimate as having a better than 90% chance of being town, as of right now?
Myself, but I'm practically obligated to say that whether or not it's true.
Maybe Gentlefish.
Mathematically, none of us at all.  That's only a 75% chance not including myself.
Maybe Wuba.

Tremendous non-answer. Why are you relying on maths instead of post-analysis? What are your thoughts regarding the content generated so far?

Also, one would expect you to be disinclined to call webadict town after he's been on your rear all day. Please explain the reasoning behind this.

If I had to pick one, Johiah.

Activelurking, actual lurking, refusing to play, bandwagoning, refusing to share reads...

All these are things you have indulged in, even moreso than Johiah. Considering things from my perspective, give me a few reasons why I should not vote for you.

You've been throwing an amount of shade at roo for a great deal of the day. Could you tell me how roo's play in their previous games correlates with their alignment in this one?

Why are you still throwing shade in roo's direction while voting for someone else?
"Tremendous non-answer"...No, it's not?
I'm not relying on math, what gave you that impression?  I brought it up because doll asked me about probabilities.

"Thoughts regarding the content generated so far": Be more specific.
That said, it seems rather empty.

"expect you to be disinclined to call webadict town":And they would be wrong.  I'm not OMGUSing someone who makes sense just because they had been pointed at me at the time.

I can't consider things from your perspective because I'm not in your perspective, but I believe I've actually, you know, done things, and productive thing, unlike johiah.

I'm throwing shade on roo because his play sucks, or at least sucked, regardless of his alignment.  He does seem to be getting better though (notice how I haven't done this recently.)

Votecount please

Extend
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2017, 10:36:18 am »

doll:Why bring up your suspicions of Wuba being a power role in public like this?  Do you know something we don't?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2017, 10:39:11 am »

...Do you actually believe that doll is Mafia?
Honestly at this point I want to get lynched, even though I'm not mafia, because this kind of thing just isn't fun for me. When we play mafia around the campfire it is more laid back, not constant analysis and the demand that you must speak every 2 seconds or you are mafia.
It seemed to me that hanging back would actually make me more likely to survive and win because the Mafia would see me as less of a threat. Oh well.
Can I suicide so they don't waste their votes?
....Well there's your problem, because campfire Mafia this is not.

Lurking making Mafia not notice you?  Maybe, but how are you going to notice them with no content?

Suiciding?  No.  I would suggest requesting a replacement if you're not having fun though.

Are you going to answer my questions, or just interact with players you think are weaker than you?
hector13:That's an interesting choice of words.  Why "weaker"?
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion Begins.
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2017, 11:19:28 am »

Some people rant about their tastes in fish again. Oh, and the day is almost over.

Hapah:
doll(1): johiah
johiah(4): TheBiggerFish, Hapah, Gentlefish, webadict
Gentlefish(3): hector13, doll, roo
Doubloon-Seven hector13():
TheBiggerFish(1): 4maskwolf
roo:
4maskwolf:
webadict:

Not voting:

Extend(2/4): doll, TBF

Day 1 ends Thursday, May 4th at roughly 2pm forum time (about 5 hours from now)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2017, 12:12:57 pm »

Extend. Busy today.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2017, 01:03:11 pm »

Extend, things are distasteful as they stand.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2017, 01:12:04 pm »

Extend, things are distasteful as they stand.
Again, word choice, explain?
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2017, 01:35:25 pm »

TheDarkStar
Don't forget that I'm voting to extend the day.

Fun fact:
4maskwolf hasn't done anything since his first post during RVS other than answer questions and harp on TBF (his lynch) for being anti-town.
Yeah shove it up your ass, I'm never useful on D1 and you goddamn well know it.  You've played two other games with me and in both while I was moderately active on D1 there was a large difference between "active" and "useful".  So why are you bothering to push me over something you've seen me do as both town and scum?

Extend, I'm a busy person with a busy life and need more time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2017, 01:44:18 pm »

His play thus far I guess has been fairly typical of the 4mask I've played with - all of three times I think. Optimum answers to RVS questions, being a bit smarmy if someone throws them shade 'cause he knows they don't have anything to go on yet, pushing a bit on weaker players for some easy towncred.
If you read through my posts you should know that I didn't really push on anyone.  I got pissy with TBF for being anti-town and voted him over it because if all else fails lynching an anti-town player is better than lynching some random joe if there isn't a good scumpick.  He's being less anti-town now, so unvote.  Also, is smarmy actually the word you were looking for there or were you looking for a different unflattering adjective?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2017, 02:05:43 pm »

TheDarkStar
Don't forget that I'm voting to extend the day.

Fun fact:
4maskwolf hasn't done anything since his first post during RVS other than answer questions and harp on TBF (his lynch) for being anti-town.
Yeah shove it up your ass, I'm never useful on D1 and you goddamn well know it.  You've played two other games with me and in both while I was moderately active on D1 there was a large difference between "active" and "useful".  So why are you bothering to push me over something you've seen me do as both town and scum?

Could it be this easy?
Or not it's cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2017, 02:08:38 pm »

Could it be this easy?
What?

Normally I'd think you're accusing me of being scum but you italicized my extend request.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2017, 02:10:23 pm »

Ohh.

I see what you're saying.

Sorry son, but that logic ain't gonna fly in this building.  See, I'm not very effective on D1, but that does not mean that I don't think D1 is important.  The longer a day goes on the more information there is for me to analyze later, when I actually come online in the later days.  And yes, I need more time to do my very shitty best at acquiring more information to analyze.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2017, 02:12:06 pm »

TBF

I used the words that best describe the feeling I have for the situation as it stands..?

What's interesting about my word choice here? What would you derive from knowing why I chose the word "distasteful" as opposed to "bad" or "not good" or "problematic"?

The choice of the word "weaker" in my earlier post was your choice:

Doubloon-Seven: You're not new to the concept of Mafia.
Why are you doing even worse than me at it?

I'm not antagonizing folk for the sake of it, but I will admit I wasn't exactly going anywhere with that, except maybe trying to point out to the TBF bandwagon that it's not just me, and I'm not exactly the worst case.  Though, really, that's johiah, not me.

Please do not start a semantic argument and say that "worse/worst" =/= "weaker".

Why have you chosen to be proactive and only push against players that you think are weaker than you?

Spoiler: other post (click to show/hide)

4mask

His play thus far I guess has been fairly typical of the 4mask I've played with - all of three times I think. Optimum answers to RVS questions, being a bit smarmy if someone throws them shade 'cause he knows they don't have anything to go on yet, pushing a bit on weaker players for some easy towncred.
If you read through my posts you should know that I didn't really push on anyone.  I got pissy with TBF for being anti-town and voted him over it because if all else fails lynching an anti-town player is better than lynching some random joe if there isn't a good scumpick.  He's being less anti-town now, so unvote.  Also, is smarmy actually the word you were looking for there or were you looking for a different unflattering adjective?

What unflattering adjective would you choose to describe it? :P

I thought it was more of a compliment, tbh. You can be smarmy 'cause you can talk your way out of things.

Now I'll be lazy and not read doll's stuff again.

Interesting (and bleedin' obvious, but bugger it) that he has said that 4mask is his top scumpick but has yet to really press a case on him.

Also interesting how doll thinks TBF isn't anti-town, given his case against Johiah is "he's doing it worse than me"... /lazy manipulation to get someone else to press doll for me
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion Begins.
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2017, 02:21:29 pm »

By popular vote, the day will continue for an additional two days. What a long day.

Hapah:
doll(1): johiah
johiah(4): TheBiggerFish, Hapah, Gentlefish, webadict
Gentlefish(3): hector13, doll, roo
Doubloon-Seven hector13:
TheBiggerFish:
roo:
4maskwolf:
webadict:

Not voting: 4maskwolf

Extend(0/4):

Day 1 ends Monday, May 8th at roughly 2pm forum time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2017, 02:31:19 pm »

doll: Explain why you're voting gentlefish, because your vote was just a one-word post following doll's wall of text, and this despite having been fighting with wuba for most of the day.

What unflattering adjective would you choose to describe it? :P

I thought it was more of a compliment, tbh. You can be smarmy 'cause you can talk your way out of things.
I don't think smarmy means what you think it means.

Now I'll be lazy and not read doll's stuff again.

Interesting (and bleedin' obvious, but bugger it) that he has said that 4mask is his top scumpick but has yet to really press a case on him.

Also interesting how doll thinks TBF isn't anti-town, given his case against Johiah is "he's doing it worse than me"... /lazy manipulation to get someone else to press doll for me
This is indeed curious, and I have my theories on why, but I'm going to stop talking to you now and talk directly to doll.

doll:  You want me to be aggressive?  You want me to fight back?  Then fine, you can have it.  Stop being so standoffish and actually vote for me.  You've said I'm your biggest scum suspect, yet you repeatedly vote for people who aren't me.  All you're doing is standing back and casting shade for future days, and it doesn't reflect well on you.  Setting up lynches ahead of time like that is a pretty basic scum trick: they lynch one town today, cast major shade on another one to make them an easier lynch tomorrow.  I doubt you're actually stupid enough to do it so blatantly, which begs the question: what are you trying to do?  Are you trying to bait me into being more active and taking a more aggressive stance? Then congratulations, you've succeeded.  And now that you have, fucking do something about it.  If you think I'm scum, stop dancing around the issue and hit me with your vote.  Push me for information, try and force me to crack under pressure.  Rally the town and your scumbuddy to try and get me lynched.  Because that... that's the way to get me to fight back.  You haven't seen it because I've never been under serious pressure in any game we've played together, but when backed into a corner that's when I fight back the hardest and most candidly. So if you want me to do things, that's how you should go about it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36