Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 72136 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion begins.
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2017, 03:45:44 pm »

Oh wait, nevermind, I only read half the post.

But it's still... Better?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2017, 03:46:40 pm »

TBF: Cut it out.  Seriously.  There's nothing to be gained from antagonizing roo and given your actions last game I'm not feeling particularly charitable with your bullshit this game.  I will not hesitate to push your lynch Day One if I believe it will benefit the town to have you gone, regardless of your alignment.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2017, 03:47:56 pm »

So my first question is, why don't we simply deconstruct everyone's nuclear weapons while the investigation happens?
Does anyone else see the flaws in our current plan?

Also, for the questions:
TBF, I am a new guy. reading Archcrystal drew me to the forums and DF in general. Also, I may just be the new guy, but you do seem rather antagonistic.
4maskwolf, I have barely any experience, just some games of mafia played irl with groups of friends around campfires. Oh, and I read one of the mafias in the hall of fame.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:52:59 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2017, 03:53:39 pm »

@4mask: Have you ever played with roo?

@johiah: Because this is Mafia, not "behave like sane people".
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2017, 03:54:28 pm »

Johiah: No editing.  Not even for typos.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »

johiah: Rule number one of mafia: no editing your posts.

TBF: Yes, I have, and my daykill question was a subtle callback to GBU 2 where he got daykilled D1 by an aggravated one-shot vig.  Notice that I'm not antagonizing him about his previous play.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2017, 03:56:14 pm »

Johiah: No editing.  Not even for typos.
Oops. Sorry.
It was mainly because I was adding the question answering bit, I somehow missed those pages when first posting my question.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2017, 03:59:23 pm »

Oh wait, nevermind, I only read half the post.

But it's still... Better?

Which part is not coherent?

For someone who claims that they generally have no idea what reads they have I am surprised that you have a lot to say. Is it all just fluff TBF? Maybe actually try and develop some reads this game.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2017, 04:03:20 pm »

johiah: Rule number one of mafia: no editing your posts.

TBF: Yes, I have, and my daykill question was a subtle callback to GBU 2 where he got daykilled D1 by an aggravated one-shot vig.  Notice that I'm not antagonizing him about his previous play.

Oh I think I would have won that game if not for the vig. I completely forgot about it.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2017, 04:06:17 pm »

@4mask:That seems like a double standard to me, considering that you're antagonizing me for FBYOR2.

@roo: The first half.  What even makes Hapah's entrance 'contrived'?

@roo, again:Allow me to clarify - I have reads, they are mostly null tell.  Or "aggravating".

@roo, third time: Tell me, do you remember basically flinging a vote at someone and steadfastly refusing to provide evidence of their scumminess, and then we lynched you?  Do you think this is a possibility in the future?

(@everyone else who is probably wondering: I'll go look up the game, now.)
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - sending out roles!
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2017, 04:10:14 pm »

webadict: Not really RVS related, but what's the most important tip you have for the new players here?
Oh god, I have to do that, don't I... Ah crap.

Ugh, fine.

Howdy newbies! Pay attention, as this advice may save your life or win you the game! So, you might be thinking, 'Huh, how is this fair? 2 against 7 is easy.' In which case, yes, you are right, and you're Town, thank you for not being Mafia.

So, what are we doing right now? We have just started the game, so we are now doing the RVS portion of the game. You will be asked questions, and it's typically in your best interest to answer them with an answer that is truly heartfelt. I will even start off with one that was asked of me:

Webadict: nice to see you again! I've read a few of your games. Are you planning on being as deadpan as you were before?
Well, that's kind of a bad question, honestly. I could answer this deadpan, but I don't believe it tells much about what alignment I am. I think there's a lot of good questions to ask out there, though you may develop your own way to play.

I'll let you in on some secrets here:
If you believe something to be true, that is to your advantage.
If you get others to believe something to be true, then your advantage is that much bigger.

This is true for both town and scum. Town wants other town players to believe they are town and want scum players to be lynched. Town players should be careful while lying, as every lie destroys a bit of trust from other players. And in this game, there is very little to lie about. Scum players, on the other hand, also have very little to lie about, other than their alignment.

What's a good question to help out with? Role questions, actually! "Who would you inspect as a Cop and why?" tells you a lot about how players view other players.

So, as your very fashionable and presentable IC, let's here some answer to that question:

@Everyone: Who would you inspect as a Cop and why?

Feel free to follow this up with a question to me. If you have questions about what you want to do or how to do it, simply say so. There are very few dumb questions. Scum players, you can also ask questions here. Your Scum IC is a great player to ask about your status in the game, however, so use them too.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2017, 04:15:27 pm »

@ TBF
His post felt fake, trying to fit in. And deliberately talked to only me and you. Trying to be our budddies and ignored the actual game. His question doesn't lead anywhere and neither does his answer toward your first question.

Like I said feel free to tell town your reads it can only help. And lastly sure I play differently all the time.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2017, 04:18:18 pm »

What.

What do you mean it doesn't lead anywhere?

Also, how on earth are you even getting a buddying vibe off of that?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2017, 04:19:41 pm »

@Wuba:
If I was a cop, who would I inspect?

Probably the person who asked me who I'd inspect if I was a cop.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2017, 04:23:49 pm »

What.

What do you mean it doesn't lead anywhere?

Also, how on earth are you even getting a buddying vibe off of that?

I mean it goes nowhere. How did the games go, what did I learn, what will I do to make them go better?

If he was actually curious he would look them up himself is what I feel. The questions just create fluff massive fluff or a giant wall of text imo it floods the thread and doesn't lead anywhere. And a buddying vibe that's just how it felt to me.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36