Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 71934 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - starting soon!
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2017, 01:46:05 pm »

Fyi, I am always mafia, except when I'm not.

I think we have our D1 lynch, fellow humans.

Nah, that's usually me. Luckily I'm the mod this time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion Begins.
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2017, 02:02:13 pm »

Representatives of each nation convene. Well, not really, since they use long-distance communications, but they are in effect al gathered together.

Who among you is a rogue nation? You start discussing this. In addition, you also keep track of who is most suspected by the other nations.

Day 1 begins

Hapah:
doll:
johiah:
Gentlefish:
Doubloon-Seven:
TheBiggerFish:
roo:
4maskwolf:
webadict:

Not voting: Everyone!

Day 1 ends 72 non-weekend hours from now on Wednesday, May 3rd at roughly 2pm forum time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:18:41 pm by TheDarkStar »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - sending out roles!
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2017, 02:05:51 pm »

roo: Are you going to continue being incomprehensible?

Hapah: I've seen you around but never been in a game of Mafia with you.  What are some examples of your town and scum play?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2017, 02:08:12 pm »

Doubloon-Seven: You're new here.  How new are you to Mafia?

johiah: Who are you?

Everyone: What question would you least like to be asked in this RVS, and what would you answer to it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion begins.
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2017, 02:11:09 pm »

PFW

TDS: I think you've gotta bump the day end back a bit, looks like you counted weekend time.

BigFish: It's been a long time, I honestly have a hard time remembering last time I was scum (there was LNCP's Mein Kampf game but it was a little unusual, to put it mildly). Other folks with longer memories might be able to give you some leads on that, I'll dig through my post history after work and see if I can find something interesting.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2017, 02:19:11 pm »

TDS: I think you've gotta bump the day end back a bit, looks like you counted weekend time.

Right, thanks.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2017, 02:39:01 pm »

roo: Are you going to continue being incomprehensible?

Hapah: I've seen you around but never been in a game of Mafia with you.  What are some examples of your town and scum play?

Hah??? The game just started. What on earth are you talking about, Pray tell.
Or not it's cool.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

PFW

roo: I gather that you've played before from BigFish and Tir, and I gather that it didn't go well or you dropped out or something. What happened in those games? What did you learn, and what can you do to make this go-around better?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2017, 02:58:58 pm »

PFW

roo: I gather that you've played before from BigFish and Tir, and I gather that it didn't go well or you dropped out or something. What happened in those games? What did you learn, and what can you do to make this go-around better?

I don't remember the games in question that Tiruin was talking about, but I am grateful that someome took an interest in my gameplay for whatever reason. And I am sure Tiruin was telling the truth. All I can imagine is that the game simply wasn't progressing so I stopped posting. As for the latter questions like I said I hardly remember, but I do not care enough to go back and read.

Hapah super duper serious vote btw.
Or not it's cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2017, 03:10:49 pm »

Everyone: What question would you least like to be asked in this RVS, and what would you answer to it?
Any question, and my answer is "fuck you, here's your answer" followed by the answer to whatever question it is.  I fucking hate RVS, but it's a necessary evil.

Now: fuck you, here's your answer.  I hate being asked about my plans for how to play the game and my answer would be "because I don't know how I'm going to play before I actually get there, and you have to analyze my play through your own experience with me and not based on what I say about how I'm going to play".

webadict: Not really RVS related, but what's the most important tip you have for the new players here?
doll: Given your seeming high level of experience from outside of Bay12, I'm surprised you chose to sign up as a regular player in a BM.  Do you not feel you have enough experience with the Bay12 meta?
Hapah: What's your favorite RVS question and what is your answer to it?
Gentlefish: If you're the cop and sub out to get replaced by a newbie who gets lynched the day they sub in again, I'll never forgive you :P (three year call-back to my first ever BM).
roo: Oh heya.  If you had a daykill, who would you use it on and why?
johiah and Doubloon-Seven: Welcome new players!  Do you have any previous mafia experience?  How did you find our subforum?  What inspired you to play a game here?
TheBiggerFish: I'm lazy, so answer the question you asked me.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2017, 03:27:50 pm »

4mask: Don't plan on it :P I'm dead on deadweek so we should be okay. What brings you back into beginner's mafia? I'm too lazy to see if you're an IC right now.

Fish Bigger Than Me: Pray tell, what do you mean by roo being incomprehensible? Can you point me to something?

As for your question, any inane question really bothers me during the RVS. Shit like "what's your favorite color, what kind of food do you like" questions. To that end, red and sushi.

Webadict: nice to see you again! I've read a few of your games. Are you planning on being as deadpan as you were before?

Others: What's your previous mafia experience been like? What do you look for in other people's actions? Failing that, what made you want to give it a shot?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2017, 03:30:06 pm »

4mask: Don't plan on it :P I'm dead on deadweek so we should be okay. What brings you back into beginner's mafia? I'm too lazy to see if you're an IC right now.
I'm an IC, I'm just giving the more experienced IC the floor first to provide advice and I'll follow up with anything I feel needs mentioning.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2017, 03:37:43 pm »

4maskwolf

I tend to lean toward the information gathering side of the game. I would use my day kill on anyone who I did not deem town as it would essentially be a coin flip and kills narrow down the suspect pool. If you were asking if I would use it immediately. I would say yes and use it on hapah for his contrived entrance instead of tbf for his robust entrance.

I am gonna pick up the question you asked webadict.

Vote! Do it! Don't be afraid. Voting creates discussion. Just say what you're thinking and lay it out there; more discussion helps town and less discussion hurts town. Even if you don't think you have enough for a vote lay out what you do have. It can only benefit town. Claiming don't do it. Except in lylo. Claiming only helps scum. It gives them more information than they already have and distracts town. And don't be afraid to die. We're town so if one of us wins we all win.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2017, 03:43:59 pm »

@Gentlefish:
Look for past games with roo in them.

He basically just flings his vote at somebody and expects us to read his mind, from what I recall of his play.

@4mask: In general, I hate being asked for reads, because so often the answer is 'I don't have a good enough idea to give any right now'.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2017, 03:45:03 pm »

roo: Wait, you sound coherent.  What happened?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36