Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups  (Read 15942 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups
« on: April 14, 2017, 07:05:42 pm »

For generations your species has survived, hidden deep within a comet hurtling through space. Your icy spaceship held within its core a micro-ecosystem that endured the long journey through space. In those cold waters several species evolved and survived for an untold amount of time. Yet now, that age has come to an end. Your species has arrived at its destiny, a planet. As your home enters the atmosphere it breaks apart and crashes into an alien ocean, spilling its contents into the strange unknown waters. What the future holds for your species, its impossible to say. But one thing is certain, only the strong will survive.

Evolution: This is a turn based evolution game. At the beginning of each turn each player will be given one evolution point (EP). These can be spent to manually evolve your creature. Small evolution may only take one point, but the more complex the evolution, the more it will cost. There will be a good deal of price checking at first, but as the game goes on we'll figure out about how much everything costs. At the end of each turn there is a chance that your species may randomly mutate without cost. This mutation can be beneficial or harmful, but will almost always be a small. After any mutation, your species as a whole advances, and those who do not advance will die off.

Events: This world is unknown and changing all the time, occasionally large events may effect your species and the area in which you live. All species will have to adapt to survive. These can occur any turn, and even multiple turns in a row if the dice hate you.

Food: Each species will have a food source at the start of the game (the one you've been eating in your meteor) but may find other sources of food if your particular food source does not survive. Each food source will provide your species a certain amount of Food Points, depending on the size of your creature, after reaching a certain number of Food Points per turn, your population will grow. Furthermore, each species will have an Nivore number, which a scale of -10 to 10 with -10 being 100% carnivore, 10 being 100% herbivore, and 0 being a perfectly balanced omnivore. These numbers will effect the amount of food points you get from different sources.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

This is basically going to be a carbon copy of the evolution game I ran forever ago. The areas will be a little different, but beyond that, largely the same. There will be no cap on players, and players can join after the game begins as invasive "native" species.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 11:42:55 pm by Roboson »

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 OOC
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:25:00 pm »

This looks cool.

Do I just post the character sheet here?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:36:15 pm »

This looks cool.

Do I just post the character sheet here?

Yes. This thread will be used for all OOC things like price-checks, questions, and GM bashing. There will be a separate IC thread for all the actual in-game stuff.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 07:47:12 pm »

Name of species: Brot Worm (Plural: Brot Worms)
Description of species: A long, spindly, pink worm-like creature. It is unable to swim, and thus is a bottom-feeder that mostly feeds on whatever sinks to the ocean floor. Its underside is covered with dozens of writhing, flagella-like hairs that it uses to collect food it crawls over.
Number of species: (100 / 12) * 2 = 16
Size of species: Six inches long, two inches wide.
Nivore number: 2
Trait: Flagella hairs, allowing it to carry food it crawls over and move it to a safer location. (Price check, please.)
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 11:42:40 pm »

Name of species: Brot Worm (Plural: Brot Worms)
Description of species: A long, spindly, pink worm-like creature. It is unable to swim, and thus is a bottom-feeder that mostly feeds on whatever sinks to the ocean floor. Its underside is covered with dozens of writhing, flagella-like hairs that it uses to collect food it crawls over.
Number of species: (100 / 12) * 2 = 16
Size of species: Six inches long, two inches wide.
Nivore number: 2
Trait: Flagella hairs, allowing it to carry food it crawls over and move it to a safer location. (Price check, please.)

Accepted! The flagella hairs wouldn't effect the cost. Only very complex starting traits really cause an issue.

I was planning on doing the first round tonight, but in light of the low number of submissions, I'll have to wait.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 12:06:21 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 12:16:18 am »

Thats two.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 12:23:51 am »

Spoiler: Stubbornians (click to show/hide)
What's the point cost for the creatures venomous sting?
Edited: it's used to be +6 for Nivore, that was a mistake I prefer my jellyfish digesting prey over raw plant matter
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:53:51 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 12:45:14 am »

For stinging tentacles like jelly fish, I'd say it would probably cost you a quarter of your initial population. So you'd be down to fifteen. And it will slightly increase the amount of food required for your population to grow later on. All and all, it means your start may be slightly slower, but you already have a large starting population even with the plenalty for a biological weapon.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 12:50:13 am »

Spoiler: Klarnn (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 02:04:33 am »

Trait viabilty/cost check on Rapid Breeding, plz.
Also do let me know if this sort of build makes no sense whatsoever. I just saw everyone else going for 'big predator' and thought, hey, there's an ecological niche free for 'tiny herbivore'.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:36:29 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 07:44:54 am »

Trait viabilty/cost check?

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 10:27:57 am »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 10:54:25 am »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 11:04:37 am »