Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 4}  (Read 14700 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 2}
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2017, 04:55:10 pm »

Respawn as the fort's rowdy black powder expert, and get busy with making some big ol' bombs!
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2017, 07:34:20 pm »

Chuck vials of cultured smallpox into the enemy camps.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2017, 07:50:50 pm »

I see no way this could backfire.

I'm pretty sure elk can't get smallpox though, so go right ahead.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:45:35 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2017, 08:04:25 pm »

Suicide Charge into the infantry attack afoot, dual-wield swords/rapiers and become a whirlwind of swords against the enemy

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2017, 08:20:14 pm »

I see no way this could backfire.
No way at all...

Avanti!

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2017, 09:44:12 pm »

With the refinement installed, it is time to deploy the Auto-Knight once more!!!

The Auto-Knight shall be deployed against the enemy to assist in the breaking of the Siege, equipped with a Tower Shield and a Falchion Sword.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2017, 01:51:41 pm »

8 actions probably won't do enough, so I'm giving some extra time until the next turn.

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2017, 12:52:48 pm »

C'mon, my fellow siegebreakers! We will have to work harder than this to survive the coming days! Gather your friends and rally them in defense of our castle and home!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2017, 12:48:29 am »

This is pretty sweet - reminds me of DND greentexts; haven't participated in anything like this before though.

I, On-Go the foreign medicine man, attempt to brew an elixir of ox's strength for the troops, using a combination of the extract of an Adjilian Dancing Frog, ground-up birch tree leaves, rose petals and kitten urine.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2017, 07:00:50 am »

Harken, my compatriots! We stand at desperate times, and under desperate conditions, and we are desperately undermanned. As thus, I want you - all of you - to help us call reinforcements!

Please, send the following message to all those you believe will aid us. The message reads as follows:

"Come, my allies, and help break the siege around Castle Adjilia!

We only have 8 actions lined up for this coming turn, which really isn't enough to keep up the pace. We started with 1000 enemies to kill, and 20 turns to kill them in. We've gone 2 turns and only killed 75; we'd need to have killed 100 to be on track. If we fail to break siege before our 20 turns are up, our opponent's secret weapon will annihilate us all.

Please, my friends! We need you!"

Everyone, make sure to do your part in the protection of Adjilia; send this letter to all those you think will care to assist us!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 3}
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:45 pm »

Continue the Attack in direction to Sir Chuck I am his squire. I should have been there early but I got distracted.

"DEUS VULT"
[6]
Swinging wildly, you bring down several disoriented pikemen, cutting through to Sir Chuck, felling more than usual, but in your swinging, a lucky slash by a man wielding a short sword knocks your weapon out of your hand, wounding your sword-arm.
-6 SOLDIERS
-----
As Chuck lances the musketeers, shake off accumulated blood and viscera on antlers, blinding enemies.
[1]
The shaking frees a chunk of unidentifiable meat, which flies right at the eye holes in Chuck's helmet, coating his eyes in blood. Temporarily blinded, he trips over a fallen enemy soldier, and is at the mercy of pikemen, who take a moment to bring their arms to bear.
The shaking, otherwise, does little more than to bloody armor and your face.
-----
In addition, the castle's Quartermaster is very annoyed that you used a large portion of the firewood supply to make possibly-homicidal robots for a task that would be better suited to a gravity-fed hopper and a spring loaded trigger.
Ah. Erm. Yes, that would make sense. *facepalms for not thinking of this*

Okay, so. Let's actually do that, in fact: set it up so that the crossbows have gravity-fed hoppers of bolts and spring-loaded triggers. The robots can be sent to go man our cannons.

EDIT: 48 kills this turn. The expected increase in killing power has already started, and at a pace that I hadn't expected. Quite nice.
Also, despite the several issues that my system has, it is still one of our more effective weapons. It's killed 18 soldiers so far!
[5]
Much to the relief of the Quartermaster, the crossbows are automated much more efficiently, with the adaptations required being quick and easy. The automata are repurposed for the more complicated job of washing, loading, and firing cannons. These two defensive structures rack up an impressive killcount!
-15 SOLDIERS
-----
Shake off accumulated blood and viscera on antlers, blinding enemies.

I, Sir Chuck The Valorous, mount this noble Elk, ready my lance, and skewer the enemy musketeers upon it!

Continue the Attack in direction to Sir Chuck I am his squire. I should have been there early but I got distracted.

"DEUS VULT"

"Hurry Squire! The heathens vastly outnumber me and I am desperate need of assistance! Lift your blade, and cut them down like the chaff they are! DEUS VULT!"
[3]
Disoriented though you are, you manage to roll away from the stabbing pikemen, grab your sword, and stand up.
-----
If our poison will not work, then a different poison sleeping-potion will! Coat arrowheads with the stuff, and watch our enemy raid Dreamland!
[4]
Your potion seems to work, and for one more turn, there will be several dozen men off to sleep, vulnerable to your attack. Interestingly, one out of the effected seems to have an allergic reaction, becomes covered with hives, and dies within several hours.
-1 SOLDIER
-----
Respawn as the fort's rowdy black powder expert, and get busy with making some big ol' bombs!
[6]
Big 'ol bombs indeed. Now, starting off with some fragmenting hollow shells, you fill them with a recipe of powder involving several ingredients taken from the local alchemist. Upon testing one in the courtyard above your dungeon workshop, the explosion shakes the earth, sending several iron fragments bouncing with incredible speed! ...Incredible speed that pierces your wooden barrier, right into your head. Bad news, you died and the recipe for the explosive shells went with you. Good? There are still six left.
-----
[5. Oh my god.]
Smallpox. Deadly. Untreatable. Horrific. You are called a madman by the Commander, and probably for good reason. Nevertheless, with a jar of disgusting red jellylike fluid, you sneak into the enemy camp in the garb of of a plague doctor. In the supply caravans, you take some fluid on a long pole and scratch it into the shoulder of a sleeping pack horse. Some is added to the food in the mess. You even smear some with a rag onto the seats of latrines. Everything you carry is then carefully removed. For fear of catching the disease, you sneak off in the nude. Next morning, the results are positively devastating.
-24 SOLDIERS
-----
Suicide Charge into the infantry attack afoot, dual-wield swords/rapiers and become a whirlwind of swords against the enemy
[4]
With skill, you stab soldiers all around you, killing many, and true to the name 'Suicide Charge', at the very end, a lucky stab to the heart kills you.
-5 SOLDIERS
-----
With the refinement installed, it is time to deploy the Auto-Knight once more!!!

The Auto-Knight shall be deployed against the enemy to assist in the breaking of the Siege, equipped with a Tower Shield and a Falchion Sword.
[2]
Unfortunately, seeing as how they are doing an excellent job loading cannons, the castle Quartermaster denies your request.
-----
This is pretty sweet - reminds me of DND greentexts; haven't participated in anything like this before though.

I, On-Go the foreign medicine man, attempt to brew an elixir of ox's strength for the troops, using a combination of the extract of an Adjilian Dancing Frog, ground-up birch tree leaves, rose petals and kitten urine.
[6]
The... concoction is reluctantly taken by a few soldiers, and after several minutes of irregular breathing and general unresponsiveness, they awake. Tests reveal that they are indeed strong and hardy, capable of lifting hundreds of pounds, mentally, they are essentially oxen. Not particularly what you were going for.
----------
SOLDIERS LEFT: 874
TURNS LEFT: 17
BATTLEGROUND: MEDIEVAL CASTLE, PLAINS AROUND, RIVER CLEARED ITSELF.
OUTSTANDING THINGS: ARMY OF ROBOTS USED TO LOAD CROSSBOWS CANNONS, MAGIC EXISTS, KIND OF.

Avanti!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2017, 05:23:33 pm »

Hire some nomadic horse mercenaries to harass the enemy camp from the rear.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2017, 05:26:47 pm »

Deer can't be infected by smallpox.

Happen to bloody my antlers in the entrails of one of NRDL's victims, like I might tear up brush in the wild, to intimidate rivals.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 12:33:33 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2017, 05:45:54 pm »

Respawn as a slave tasked with suicide bombing the enemy.

Suicide bomb the enemy.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 3}
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2017, 09:59:35 pm »

In addition, the castle's Quartermaster is very annoyed that you used a large portion of the firewood supply to make possibly-homicidal robots for a task that would be better suited to a gravity-fed hopper and a spring loaded trigger.
Ah. Erm. Yes, that would make sense. *facepalms for not thinking of this*

Okay, so. Let's actually do that, in fact: set it up so that the crossbows have gravity-fed hoppers of bolts and spring-loaded triggers. The robots can be sent to go man our cannons.

EDIT: 48 kills this turn. The expected increase in killing power has already started, and at a pace that I hadn't expected. Quite nice.
Also, despite the several issues that my system has, it is still one of our more effective weapons. It's killed 18 soldiers so far!
[5]
Much to the relief of the Quartermaster, the crossbows are automated much more efficiently, with the adaptations required being quick and easy. The automata are repurposed for the more complicated job of washing, loading, and firing cannons. These two defensive structures rack up an impressive killcount!
-15 SOLDIERS
[Volkswagen]That's the power of Adjilian engineering![/Volkswagen]

But seriously, that's great.

Now, I was planning on expanding the system, buuuuutttt....

[5. Oh my god.]
Smallpox. Deadly. Untreatable. Horrific. You are called a madman by the Commander, and probably for good reason. Nevertheless, with a jar of disgusting red jellylike fluid, you sneak into the enemy camp in the garb of of a plague doctor. In the supply caravans, you take some fluid on a long pole and scratch it into the shoulder of a sleeping pack horse. Some is added to the food in the mess. You even smear some with a rag onto the seats of latrines. Everything you carry is then carefully removed. For fear of catching the disease, you sneak off in the nude. Next morning, the results are positively devastating.
-24 SOLDIERS
Ho.
Lee.
Shit.

So.
My action for this turn will be the creation of a very special chamber.
It will be manned by a single automaton, that will not be replaced until it breaks.
It will have a single crossbow, but one far higher in quality than any other crossbow in the castle.
It will be isolated in the highest room of the highest tower in the castle.
And the bolts... the bolts will have hollow points.
And those points will be filled with smallpox.

I mean, this isn't just some one-time thing. You can't just release smallpox into the enemy camp and then... nothing. Smallpox spreads. This is going to keep killing soldiers for basically the rest of the game.
What the automaton I am making this turn will be doing is making sure that even if they attempt quarantine, they will not escape the scourge.

On a different note: yay, we're on schedule for not dying to superweapons!

EDIT: The automaton. Yes, yes, it would need to be rewound, as has been pointed out to me.
No matter.
Magic... it requires sacrifices, yes? There has already been one body sacrificed in the creation of the automata...
In a wonder of old timey genius, you create a knightly automata, driven by rope and a clockwork drive. In tests, it performs well against straw dummies, but when you face it in a spar with a squire, the machine goes on to violently behead the squire, and attacks several onlookers before being destroyed with a lucky shot by a longbowman, right into the clockwork spring.
That squire... we will burn his remains. His essence will become the essence of this automaton.
This automaton will never need to be wound again.
Let the empty body and the fell soul become one, with an ashen rune upon the metal shell to bind them.
And let the fire of life burn within.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:49:41 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8