Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dominus - Or how i learned to stop worrying and embrace the Bloodsport (8/8)  (Read 7368 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spend 15 Sesterces outfitting the five standard slaves with wooden weapons, cloth armour and wooden shields
Have the Doctore start training the now-outfitted slaves.

Laelius then starts writing to both Domenico and Regulus:

Spoiler: Missive to Regulus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Missive to Domenico (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

I'm offering my er Newly acquired "criminal" Gallic slave for the price of 25 Sesterces, anyone want him? I'm fairly certain he would know his way around a sword, and with proper feeding he will only be better at what he does.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I'll buy the Gaul for 25sc.

Ghazkull, can I "promote" my one-eyed slave to named character status?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Aye you can. Generally i will handle it like this from now on:

Those cheap slaves you buy in bulk will stay nameless until they either do something useful or you set them to proper training and for my sanities sake no more than ten named characters.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

I'll buy the Gaul for 25sc.
Thus, I will Accept this Deal.

I will be looking to hire a Doctore and a new Squad to defend me when I go a' hunting for slaves.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye you can. Generally i will handle it like this from now on:

Those cheap slaves you buy in bulk will stay nameless until they either do something useful or you set them to proper training and for my sanities sake no more than ten named characters.

That's reasonable.

Lesbonicus purchases eight copper gladius' (gladii?) and eight bucklers for a total of 80sc.
He then purchases the Gallic slave from Rashida Maximus for 25sc.
The Doctore trains the first five named slaves  in Weapon Skill

He offers the following fight to Regulus:
A fight of 9 vs 9, last team standing. Lesbonicus will provide both teams for a total of 100sc.
Each team will be made up of four named slaves armed with gladius and buckler plus four subpar slaves armed with cudgel and primitive shield.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:21:44 pm by Kashyyk »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

Arena Manager Regulus,

I am writing to offer you any of my gladiators at a fair price. Please select whichever ones you wish, and I shall give you their rates.

Signed
Drusus Virillius
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

-Purchase 6 Standard Slaves and a Iron Scale Armor, Maximus gains the Scale Armor, the leather armor can be given one of the unequipped slave fighting in the 2v2. Also purchase 5 cloth armor, 5 wooden weapons, and 1 copper weapon for the Standard Slaves in the 2v2. The useless armaments go to the Standard Slaves
-Train Maximus in Weapon Skill, The surviving Unnamed Slave in weapon skill as well.
Expenditure: 100 Sesterces (50 Iron Scale Armor, 35 Standard Slaves, 15 on useless armaments)

Message to Arena Manager Regulus,

I feel like your denizens of the Area have being quite captivated with my Gladiator Maximus, I suggest in one of your assigned fights that you designate him into one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:47:59 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In his personal chambers, Domenico wails in fury, he smashes bottles and topples furniture in his unstoppable rage. He draws his dagger and prepares to mutilate an irreplaceable documentation when a sudden realization comes over him. He drops his dagger and collapses, sobbing in wrathful indignation for several hours, before the anger has left him. He stands, and mutters to himself.

"Domenico, you've no-one to blame but yourself! That was an affront to gladiatorial combat everywhere, and I can only pray I haven't garnered Mars' wrath. If I had, it'd be well deserved, I'll admit that much... Pathetic, pathetic! Here I am, wallowing in wretched self-pity, when I should be readying the Pit for battle! Ave Mars! Ave Mars! The Bloody Pit of Bold Battle hasn't seen its last, and the show must go on!"

Domenico Cassini reduces the admission fee to 2 Sesterces, and retains the free admission to Legionaries and former Legionaries. He then goes to the market and purchases 6 Standard Slaves for 30 Sesterces, and purchases 6 Copper weapons and 6 Cloth armors to equip all of his new slaves for 36 Sesterces. He also purchases 9 Wooden boards to equip all of his slaves for 9 Sesterces. He then begins to pen a few letters...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:58:08 pm by Ardent Debater »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regulus Florius Pavia lifted his brimming cup of wine to the air once more. “To our arena, may the coin and blood never cease!” He downed his cup to the cheers of the staff, their faces flushed and cups of wine in their hand! With a grin plastered on his face, Regulus wandered back to his ‘office’, just a small stockroom with a cot, a stool, and a small table with a candle. Regulus flipped through some of the letters and missives he had received in the day.

With Laelius’ letter, Regulus nodded in agreement. He glanced at his coin, and remembered the price the foreman had quoted at him for an expansion in the seats. He mentally set aside the 100 sesterces needed. Glancing over the other Luduii’s missives, Regulus realized that he needed to start a schedule of games. He began to write out a preliminary schedule for the coming month.

Day 1 (2nd weekend) This day will have a 1 sesterces admission fee
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Day 2 (Last weekend of month) Main Event! This day is back to 2 sesterces per seat

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GM: Just want to check that it is okay to do separate days, or if you would prefer that they all take place on the same day. Also will be paying the 100 sesterces for the expansion. Will next be looking to build a grandstand for the nobles ( and me) to watch separate from the common fold.
Everyone else: Just let me know what positions you would like to fill. Maximus is invited to both headlining fights ( I'll also pay 15 for him in the second fight), but have a second prepared in case the worse should happen and he is wounded or injured in the first fight. I will try to get all the Luduii involved, so  now you may provide for one team in a fight, but not both.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

For Day 1, Fight 2, I shall provide the opposing gladiators.

I will provide Titus and Tribus for 20 each. I would copy paste their stats, but I'm on my phone, so :p
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Missive to Domenico (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Domenico Cassini (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Regulus Florius Pavia (click to show/hide)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For Day 1, Fight 2, I shall provide the opposing gladiators.

I will provide Titus and Tribus for 20 each. I would copy paste their stats, but I'm on my phone, so :p

The most I'll give is 20. Looking at their stats, they do seem more skilled than the average slave. So how about a one on one, I'll give both you and Vopicus 15, 10 to the winner. You can make it a 2 on one still, but that depends if Vopicus also accepts that, and I will pay 20 to both sides due to the added danger.

Also, I am looking for a criminal for the Nature's Judgement, what is your price?

Spoiler: Domenico Cassini (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Regulus Florius Pavia (click to show/hide)

Accepted, if for day 2 fight 3 total payment is 65 instead.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

Alright, Tribus can 1v1 Maximus, and I'll lower the price from 20 to 15 if you will give him a weapon.

As for the creature fight, I'll give you my (arguably) best guy, Halitosix. Since the description of the event makes it sound like you were providing a weapon already, his price is 20

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9