Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (4/5) - OOC Thread  (Read 18730 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (0/4)
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2017, 09:06:31 pm »

That's a good point. I was kind of figuring you could flavor it like those feats that give unarmed strikes magic damage or whatever, but that's still in what you would call unrealistic for the setting.
Black lives matter.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 10:23:36 pm »

Alright, I think I'm good.

Sent backstory and stuff to Tawa, and here's my finished sheet. Had a hard time deciding class but after a quick chat, rolling with two weapon ranger

I know I lack the dex right now to get two weapon fighting feat, but thanks to fighting style feats, I can just snag it without prerequisites. Until then, expect me to roll with my bow or my axe(s) and a shield until level 2
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2017, 06:40:34 am »

I'm still interested, but if you have 4, I'm willing to hop into a waitlist. I don't want to delay the game, nor do I want to knock someone out of the game, and it gives me more time to work on my sheet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 07:12:05 am »

Technically speaking, only three sheets have been submitted thus far, and two of the people who have submitted them have failed to respond to criticisms regarding the sheets. There's still room.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2017, 07:38:15 am »

He also did say it isn't first come first serve...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2017, 05:30:53 am »

I'm thinking of making applying either a Skald or a Slayer. I have some questions though:

1, About Slayers and other classes with special class ability lists like "Rogue tricks" and so on: Can we continue to take from these abilities instead of feats on "level up" past level 6? For Slayers, for example, I'd imagine you'd want to keep the Advanced Slayer Talents completely unavailable since they are unlocked at level 10, so I'm strictly wondering about the lower level list

2, Skalds and other intuitive spellcasters have the ability to exchange spells from their spell lists on level up. Could I still do this in E6 rules? I'm not particularly experienced with casters and am a bit worried I might get stuck with bad spells, especially since I would get so few of them.

3, Can we officially change the name of Barbarians to Berserkers? It would please me so damn much.

4, Is it assumed that non-divine-based classes would worship the entire pantheon more or less equally (or as equally as they were relevant to them), and is the pantheon limited to the ones mentioned above or do the whole rl pantheon exist in their mythology? I could see my slayeslayer giving particular interest to both Heimdal and Tyr, but also Skadi as the Huntress, and a Skald would definitely probablu focus on Odin as the deity of knowledge, galder, and poetry, but also Bragi who was basically another deity of poetry and wit (but without Odin's "words/poetry is magic" tone).

4, Are you okay with us making shit up about customs and society for our backstories?

5, Is the world devoid of magical beasts and people (including elves and giants here), or are they things which are known to exist outside of folklore and could be encountered in daily life?

6, If I name my character Sten-Snorre Longspear, will you ban me?
Love, scriver~

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2017, 11:12:59 am »

I'm thinking of making applying either a Skald or a Slayer. I have some questions though:

1, About Slayers and other classes with special class ability lists like "Rogue tricks" and so on: Can we continue to take from these abilities instead of feats on "level up" past level 6? For Slayers, for example, I'd imagine you'd want to keep the Advanced Slayer Talents completely unavailable since they are unlocked at level 10, so I'm strictly wondering about the lower level list

2, Skalds and other intuitive spellcasters have the ability to exchange spells from their spell lists on level up. Could I still do this in E6 rules? I'm not particularly experienced with casters and am a bit worried I might get stuck with bad spells, especially since I would get so few of them.

3, Can we officially change the name of Barbarians to Berserkers? It would please me so damn much.

4, Is it assumed that non-divine-based classes would worship the entire pantheon more or less equally (or as equally as they were relevant to them), and is the pantheon limited to the ones mentioned above or do the whole rl pantheon exist in their mythology? I could see my slayeslayer giving particular interest to both Heimdal and Tyr, but also Skadi as the Huntress, and a Skald would definitely probablu focus on Odin as the deity of knowledge, galder, and poetry, but also Bragi who was basically another deity of poetry and wit (but without Odin's "words/poetry is magic" tone).

4, Are you okay with us making shit up about customs and society for our backstories?

5, Is the world devoid of magical beasts and people (including elves and giants here), or are they things which are known to exist outside of folklore and could be encountered in daily life?

6, If I name my character Sten-Snorre Longspear, will you ban me?
1) The "epic feat" Extra Rogue Talent lets you do exactly that.
2) I'd say that seems fine. Every +5000xp mark that would have been an even-numbered level-up, you could retrain a spell.
3) Why not
4a) Yes and yes. I specifically included these deities because they're arguably the most prominent and I could (with some minor stretches of imagination) fit all of the base-game domains onto them, and while technically everybody would worship like that, D&D/Pathfinder polytheism is rather strangely designed and is more focused around dedicating yourself to only one god.
4b) Yes, under the condition that I can veto something if I feel it doesn't fit with what I've already established.
5) They exist, as remnants of the Age of Myth when gods walked the earth alongside men, and Mungaršian and Gwyrfidist superstition holds that they are real, but they are so few and so well-hidden (generally keeping to the deadly, frozen lands in the north of Mungaršr and isolated spots in Ihmiset lands, with a couple hiding among the deepest forests of the more habitable lands) that almost nobody alive has ever seen them.
6) [USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST] :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2017, 08:17:07 pm »

A thought occured to me: what do we do as far as languages go? Will humans from other places speak languages other than ours? Will we be interacting with other races often enough that learning their languages will come in handy?

My character has decent INT and she's supposed to know additional languages to start besides Common.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2017, 08:46:01 pm »

Yes and yes. Each of the languages involved is mentioned in passing in the setting notes, but I'll add an official listing of available languages to the OP.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2017, 08:56:56 pm »

Alright, thanks.

Another question, will supplies be provided by the "professional military leader" or are we responsible for our own food, water, etc?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2017, 09:48:50 pm »

The raiding party your characters will be a part of will provide supplies, but the raid won't continue forever.

Also, I replaced Druidic with a language that you could hypothetically learn if you were interested and driven enough, even if you weren't a druid, that acts as an all-day Speak with Plants/Speak with Animals.

Additionally, this was a few days ago, but since we're talking about the OP I wanted to point out that I updated the maps by running a couple of photoshop filters to shadow edges and add the look of paper to them.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:47 pm »

I'm may or may not be interested in joining, but I could help people make their character concepts.

What tier are you aiming for?

Is 3.5 material allowed? 3.0? Dragon Magazine?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:56:42 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2017, 08:44:11 am »

I'm may or may not be interested in joining, but I could help people make their character concepts.

What tier are you aiming for?

Is 3.5 material allowed? 3.0? Dragon Magazine?
Pretty sure tier is in the OP being low fantasy and a standard point buy

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2017, 06:35:09 pm »

Yeah, that's about it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2017, 05:21:32 pm »

So, how are the sheets coming along?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18