Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (4/5) - OOC Thread  (Read 18749 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (0/4)
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2017, 08:19:49 pm »

Because I don't think gingerbread or candy for that matter was something that Norsemen were able to make, given the fact they barely got by with how little food they have, candy and such seems to be a luxury they cannot have...

Regardless, is up to Tawa. Personally, I think it's too much. I know some people play like this, and I've met a guy who did so and that's how he found his way to have fun. But remember, this is supposed to be a less epic adventure; most of the people here are going for flavour over power. Hell, I'm going two weapon fighter rather than the preferred bunny thumper or ranged ranger, which is what most people see a ranger as if they want to be usable
They (flavor and power) aren't mutually exclusive, y'know. Personally, I prefer to build the mechanical side of my character first, then build their backstory and such around my mechanical skeleton.

Also, Tawa said/implied that goofier characters would be fine in the OP. If I've gone a bit too far, please tell me, and I'll try to tone it down a bit.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2017, 08:21:53 pm »

He actually said no joke/purely smashy characters. Whether this bizarre hybrid of yours falls under that heading is up to him.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2017, 08:39:38 pm »

He actually said no joke/purely smashy characters. Whether this bizarre hybrid of yours falls under that heading is up to him.
Oh. Well, that might become an issue. I mean, I planned to fluff it as merely dabbling in pastrymancy, but it still might be a problem. I suppose I'll just wait for Word-of-Tawa, and replace the Gingerbread Witch archetype with another one that I've had my eye on if it gets rejected.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2017, 08:50:21 pm »

This is set in Not!Scandinavia not the Kingdom of Loathing

So no

In other news, since we've had four good submissions for a few days, I'm setting the deadline for starting the game at Friday. If you haven't already, please have your characters completely done (crunch and backstory both) by then.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2017, 09:39:09 pm »

This is set in Not!Scandinavia not the Kingdom of Loathing

So no

In other news, since we've had four good submissions for a few days, I'm setting the deadline for starting the game at Friday. If you haven't already, please have your characters completely done (crunch and backstory both) by then.
Welp.

Back to the drawing-board, I guess.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2017, 08:03:55 am »

Can you think of anything I need to change/add to my sheet, Tawa? Bits of equipment that a divine spellcaster might find useful, perhaps?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2017, 01:36:27 pm »

Can you think of anything I need to change/add to my sheet, Tawa? Bits of equipment that a divine spellcaster might find useful, perhaps?
I could pimp out your holy symbol for you, if you'd like.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2017, 01:56:06 pm »

Might wanna put your age on your sheet.

Otherwise, might want to look into gear that will work with flavouring your inquisitor, from things like a book of lore or the Poetic Edda (aka Norse bible (if it isn't 50gp like it is in other editions)) to simple things like a hat or paper to write things
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2017, 02:20:29 pm »

Yeah, outside of your age and trinkets you want to invest in, I think you're good to go, Sirus.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2017, 03:10:36 pm »

Out of curiosity, what ages are others going for? I don't think I'll want to be way older or way younger than the party average and I'm also not entirely certain what the Vikings considered "adult age".

I've got 94gp to work with at the moment. The problem is that I've never run a divine caster and I'm not certain what they need to work with reasonable effectiveness. A component pouch, perhaps? I already took a Holy Symbol of Thor.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2017, 03:27:33 pm »

22 for me. I think you can assume that, if male, you're effectively an adult at 14 to 16 or so.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2017, 03:33:01 pm »

16 is adult male age in Viking age, and I think 12 for women. I picked 18 because he spent two extra years training before he deemed himself ready to try and make a name for himself

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2017, 03:41:41 pm »

I picked 24 because I wanted to seem Old.

[edit] In hindsight this seems a little silly, so I could probably just say he quit the BusinessTM after an injury?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:57:26 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2017, 03:43:22 pm »

16 is adult male age in Viking age, and I think 12 for women. I picked 18 because he spent two extra years training before he deemed himself ready to try and make a name for himself
Ew. Well I'm sure as hell not making a 12-year-old :P

I imagine that religious studies would take a good deal of time, especially if combat training is involved as well. Add in a period of time spent in service of a more senior priest perhaps and I think 20 is about the oldest Gunnvor can go and still feasibly be level 1.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2017, 07:44:53 pm »

Ew. Well I'm sure as hell not making a 12-year-old :P

I imagine that religious studies would take a good deal of time, especially if combat training is involved as well. Add in a period of time spent in service of a more senior priest perhaps and I think 20 is about the oldest Gunnvor can go and still feasibly be level 1.
I say 12 because 12 is when most women were deemed of age to marry. Shield maidens and the like are probably older, but most women marry by 20 according to what I looked up.

Being a religious inquisitor though, I'm pretty sure that's the best reason to ignore what I found

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18